Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Wrath Dungeon finder removed?

Hi!

Just checking if the rumor is true, is dungeon finder removed from WOTLK when it arrives?

I don't want to pay a sub and level up just to see it's removed and stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Blizzard has confirmed that the random dungeon finder will not be implemented in WotLK Classic.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Blizzard has confirmed that the random dungeon finder will not be implemented in WotLK Classic.
    Thank you for the info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Thank you for the info!
    It's a stupid move on Blizzard's part but typical for these new developers. They couldn't put together a good game if their life depended on it.

Funny how the perception has changed.

When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.
    No matter what decision Blizzard makes, it's the wrong one. Also, the devs are incompetent and hate their players. This is a universal truth more self-evident than the sun rising in the east and setting in the west.

In 2008 Wrath also did not have dungeon finder when it arrived.

In fact dungeon finder didn't exist until the very end of Wrath over a year in.

I can see an argument for it being there in the Icecrown Patch but not before.

Answer is simple: because it was not in original Vanilla and TBC.
    It was introduced in (late) WotLK and it is up in every (atleast every i know) private server.
    Works fine on them and this is the reason people now want it.

Personally i am absolutely neutral in that topic.
    From one side i think adding it in patch 3.3 was first big change that started downfall of this game but from other side i do not care much about it now.
    I will be rocking with the boys through all HCs so it does not affect me at slightest if we will use this tool or not.

My free time is very limited playing only in the evening when child is asleep - max 1-2 hours as I wake up early (to work). To me as a casual player it is very sad, that group finder tool will not be present (at least from final ICC patch). Played TBC Classic for few months, during this time I was in dungeon like 5 times ? Because staring in LFG chat and asking to invite for 30-60 minutes is simply not fun. Also not sure where is the social aspect in this. TBH not looking to socialize, just want to play.
    Also not sure about the new tool in WotLK Classic. I have a feeling that some classes will be picked more often (top dps classes) that others (average/below average dps classes). Also not sure where is the social aspect here.

This is just my feeling. Please do not send me to retail as that is trash. I know it is more casual friendly, but it is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    In 2008 Wrath also did not have dungeon finder when it arrived.

In fact dungeon finder didn't exist until the very end of Wrath over a year in.

I can see an argument for it being there in the Icecrown Patch but not before.
    it also did not launch with the last patch

whats your point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It's a stupid move on Blizzard's part but typical for these new developers. They couldn't put together a good game if their life depended on it.
    Best possible decision for Classic WOTLK.

Putting aside that some people may have changed their mind, one needs to realize that Classic is not Wotlk and not everyone that likes Wotlk also likes Classic.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the "Wotlk is peak WoW" crowd, who refused to play both Classic and TBC are pro DF by a huge marigin.
    Whereas those people that prefer Classic but would still play Wotlk might not be as pro DF as the latter.

Disregarding that a DF in Classic would've been an absolute shitshow, DF works for short, linear dungeons, especially where most people are just after Emblems and not the loot itself.
    Classic dungeons are anything but that.

They said it wont be implemented at start of wotlk classic. RDF was also added in the latest patch, so most likely and given the feedback on forums, it will probably be implemented with the ICC dungeons.

How many classic and BC servers have they had to shut down, sounds like it's it's doing great.....
    Couple Mega servers
    Few lopsided faction servers
    and now some spare server parts...

sounds healthy....

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    How many classic and BC servers have they had to shut down, sounds like it's it's doing great.....
    Couple Mega servers

sounds healthy....
    There are hundreds of thousands of players despite it being the end of the TBC classic cycle, so yeah, I'd say it's actually incredibly successful.

Catering to that audience rather than the people who are going to come in and play for 2 weeks and leave when Wrath comes out seems pretty smart to me.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Couple Mega servers

sounds healthy....
    Yeah this definitely hasn't happened with live WoW either.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There are hundreds of thousands of players despite it being the end of the TBC classic cycle, so yeah, I'd say it's actually incredibly successful.

Catering to that audience rather than the people who are going to come in and play for 2 weeks and leave when Wrath comes out seems pretty smart to me.
    ya seems they overshot then how "successful" they though it was going to be if they had that many servers up just to shutter most of them, maybe they need to rethink how to keep those customers rather than just letting them run off, seem like "gatekeeping" more players is the opposite way of doing that, hell friend of mine just quit and was my basis for not subbing (was ready to even reinstalled the B-net client) but his server faction went to shit (Horde Westfall) but since it has enough allies no free transfers just stuck on a server with no enough people to even form a man dungeon most of the time, at lest with a Cross realm RDF could have run some dungeons (hell before the anti boosting stuff they put in we could have ran each others alts for some fun like we did when LK was out the first time when we got bored *kept us subbed). *not sure keeping "hundreds of thousands" is really that impressive when you look at how many started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yeah this definitely hasn't happened with live WoW either.
    Retail is total crap could not pay me to play that train-wreck.

Yes, it will not be implemented.

Blizzard said that instead, using the manual group finder tool will be more conducive to forming lifelong friendships (/facepalm)

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Putting aside that some people may have changed their mind, one needs to realize that Classic is not Wotlk and not everyone that likes Wotlk also likes Classic.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the "Wotlk is peak WoW" crowd, who refused to play both Classic and TBC are pro DF by a huge marigin.
    Whereas those people that prefer Classic but would still play Wotlk might not be as pro DF as the latter.

Disregarding that a DF in Classic would've been an absolute shitshow, DF works for short, linear dungeons, especially where most people are just after Emblems and not the loot itself.
    Classic dungeons are anything but that.
    I'm part of the vanishingly small demographic of players that didn't really play either TBC or Classic but I'm fairly neutral on the RDF. It's a convenience feature for sure but the doom and gloom squad is once again blowing this way out of proportion.

ya seems they overshot then how "successful" they though it was going to be if they had that many servers up just to shutter most of them, maybe they need to rethink how to keep those customers rather than just letting them run off, seem like "gatekeeping" more players is the opposite way of doing that, hell friend of mine just quit and was my basis for not subbing (was ready to even reinstalled the B-net client) but his server faction went to shit (Horde Westfall) but since it has enough allies no free transfers just stuck on a server with no enough people to even form a man dungeon most of the time, at lest with a Cross realm RDF could have run some dungeons (hell before the anti boosting stuff they put in we could have ran each others alts for some fun like we did when LK was out the first time when we got bored *kept us subbed). *not sure keeping "hundreds of thousands" is really that impressive when you look at how many started.
    The servers are being shut down because people migrated to a smaller number of servers, not because people left. Vanilla Classic's biggest servers had around 6500 players. TBC Classic's biggest servers have around 22000 players.

Hundreds of thousands of players is incredibly successful. There's actually more players right now than there were right before the TBC Classic launch.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady