Thread: So… Tinkers

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

So… Tinkers

After all that debate and discussion on the forum, it never happened. Given how WoW tends to not release classes very often, have people given up hope of ever seeing the Tinker class in game yet?

Me personally I would love a Bard/Musical class. Dark Age of Camelot had 3! One for each faction. They were:
    Bard - healers with great CC and pulsing group buffs (could choose 1, like auras)
    Minstrel - think a musical rogue fighter. Could stealth and climb walls. Could crowd control and temporarily ‘charm’ high level mobs to fight with them.
    Skald - Warrior musician. Would fight toe to toe and offer combat support.

Some of these would be great for WoW. But I guess it will be years before we see another class after Evoker?

You knew what you were doing when making this thread...

Let the games....begin

Considering that historically we get classes at best every other xpac it's 4-5 years before we see another class added. So no idea what you want to discuss now, knowing that it's purely hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You knew what you were doing when making this thread...
    He-who-must-not-named's voice echoing through the corridors...

Edit: Already too late.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2022-08-11 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I never care what Blizzard adds or doesn't in terms of Classes.

I don't like Evoker (mostly because it's tied to scaly lizard-humans), so I'm just not going to play it.

If they add Tinkers - awesome! If they don't - I don't fucking care.
    Same with any other potential Class/Spec.

Ma! They're posting Tinker s**t again!
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that we have a dragon class, I think Tinker is the next logical option. It should have been added at release, but failing that, it would work well with another solid back-to-basics expansion.

4-6 years is a long ways away for any tangible new class discussion, really.

I was getting worried without a new tinker thread in a few days...

... uff, thanks op!

On an aside how did Gelbin, Mimir, overspark or the mechagnome prince have
    no interest in zereth mortis
    Like after everything is wrapped up, an expedition
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Ngl. I would rather gotten tinker than evokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    After all that debate and discussion on the forum, it never happened. Given how WoW tends to not release classes very often, have people given up hope of ever seeing the Tinker class in game yet?

Me personally I would love a Bard/Musical class. Dark Age of Camelot had 3! One for each faction. They were:
    Bard - healers with great CC and pulsing group buffs (could choose 1, like auras)
    Minstrel - think a musical rogue fighter. Could stealth and climb walls. Could crowd control and temporarily ‘charm’ high level mobs to fight with them.
    Skald - Warrior musician. Would fight toe to toe and offer combat support.

Some of these would be great for WoW. But I guess it will be years before we see another class after Evoker?
    Combat support? No. Not in wow. Power infusion is controversial enough, a group buffer would invalidate logs entirely it's a terrible idea frankly.
    Same argument for never getting a tinker applies for every missing class idea, frankly it's a stupid argument. Blizz still hasn't added a bard therefore players should give up on the idea and accept they will never get one.

Seriously?

My Tinker crazed brother who terrorized the forums would say yes.

Realistically though, not anymore. With these new engineering changes, chances for a Tinker class are pretty much shot.

Only thing I could think of that might fit still is the bard. But even then doubt it.

I'd prefer 4th specs.for everyone.

I think the evoker filled all available space.

Not sure they need to do more than, idk, adjust/tweak/putter/dabble current classes. You know, tinker with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Ngl. I would rather gotten tinker than evokers.
    Nobody wanted lizzard ppl. Biggest L in Dragonflight is the dracthyr, and I would gladly swap them (and Evoker) for tinker. Or anything else that automatically would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    My Tinker crazed brother who terrorized the forums would say yes.

Realistically though, not anymore. With these new engineering changes, chances for a Tinker class are pretty much shot.

Only thing I could think of that might fit still is the bard. But even then doubt it.

I'd prefer 4th specs.for everyone.

I think the evoker filled all available space.
    Yes, your totally real brother who is now at a boot camp to pay for his crimes just like my totally real girlfriend who goes to another school in Canada...

Tinkers will be able to use Soar at 950%

The copuim is so strong with these tinker boiz

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game