Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    IMO Dungeon Finder is not necessary so long as the servers can maintain an active population large enough where trying to farm HC's is limited to peak hours and even then you're lucky to get one or two done before someone has to leave.

Besides not including it at launch gives Blizz the option of adding it in later when ICC phase begins, like how it was BACK IN THE DAY.

I dont give a hoot about "BuT MUh CoMmUNIty" if it means I'm stuck on a dead realm where my ability to play the game is crippled by lack of population.

And dont even start with the "BuT JUsT MiGRaTe tO a HigHEr PoP ReAlM" argument. It didnt work back in the day and is sure as hell wont work now.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    When we compare it to other classic MMOs you say it's a failure because it only has 25 times more players. So don't whine when I compare it to other things, since the 1:1 comparison you have a whole host of bullshit excuses for why having 25 times more players is failure. Being the #1 is failure. Crushing the competition is failure.
    what MMO had 11 million players and released a older version of itself?
    why is blizzard not keeping around any BC servers...
    why does 4.5% impress you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    what MMO had 11 million players and released a older version of itself?
    The original was the #1 original and the reissue is the #1 reissue.

I'm sorry that wow classic being successful hurts your feelings, but it is. It is #1, by a dramatic and insane margin. The fact that it was also #1 15 years ago doesn't change that.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I'm sorry that wow classic being successful hurts your feelings, but it is. It is #1, by a dramatic and insane margin. The fact that it was also #1 15 years ago doesn't change that.
    ya so successful it had to shut down a number of servers and will not keep any BC servers when LK launches... (granted it peaked around 450000 now it looks to be around 350000 to 300000 (going from Iron forge) range but exact numbers who know bliz won't release those.

ya I'm so hurt, blizz can't convince a 5% to come back and play BC (but somehow it's suppose to impress me)

I'm sorry but if you think Wrath Classic is going to draw 11 million players you're gonna be disappointed hard.

Make no mistake I'm stoked to go back, but even with all my enthusiasm there's a nagging fear of "But will it -really- be the same" because I've already experienced it all.

Old School Runescape was the same. It was amazing to go back and relive that nostalgia but it lost it's appeal over time because... I'd already done most of the stuff there.

Of course that's just a personal notion of mine. But I -cannot- be the only one feeling like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amagh View Post
    I'm sorry but if you think Wrath Classic is going to draw 11 million players you're gonna be disappointed hard.

Make no mistake I'm stoked to go back, but even with all my enthusiasm there's a nagging fear of "But will it -really- be the same" because I've already experienced it all.

Old School Runescape was the same. It was amazing to go back and relive that nostalgia but it lost it's appeal over time because... I'd already done most of the stuff there.

Of course that's just a personal notion of mine. But I -cannot- be the only one feeling like this.
    I'd been impressed with 10% never expected 100% even said so in a earlier post, but I'm really surprised it was under 5% I really would have expected more than that.

- - - Updated - - -

wow I did make a mistake, looking at that last chart, wow BC classic never was at just under 500000 looking at the chart, it was closer to 200000 and 350000 my bad BC was even worse than I thought.

**Soo BC was able to pull in really about 2.5% of the original players... yikes... wow classic beat it.
    **Looking at mmo-population (which you don't like so guess it does not count) it might have picked up when LK was announced but it was starting to head towards the drain..
    ***oops 3rd update, texted a friend when he re subbed for classic (day after the LK announcement) and ya the uptick from classic BC from the wow gutter was right after that announcement, wow BC was doing baaad.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Best possible decision for Classic WOTLK.
    How exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Drench View Post
    I mean you can learn to make time or just not play the game. If you are waiting 20-60mins on a server to get in a group then you play on a dead server.

So easy fix.

1: make time not excuses.
    2: should have not picked a dead server.
    Thanks for easy fix
    1. Going to abandon my wife and child so I can spend more than 2 hours per day ingame.
    2. Next I am going to pay 25€ to character transfer from server with medium population to the one with high population. And I hope high population stays for a while and people will not cancel subs.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    it also did not launch with the last patch

whats your point ?
    It did. With the last major patch atleast. 3.3.0

Inform yourself

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    It did. With the last major patch atleast. 3.3.0

Inform yourself
    you are talking about LFD i talk about WOTLK which did not start with 3.3.5

the whole classic experience is dead anyway. This isnt Classic anymore with all the Changes

Dungeon Finder was one of the more fun things in wrath to me. Just mindlessly spam heroics for hours when you are bored was something i really enjoyed. Manually making groups is a pain in the ass when everything is a joke to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Dungeon Finder was one of the more fun things in wrath to me. Just mindlessly spam heroics for hours when you are bored was something i really enjoyed. Manually making groups is a pain in the ass when everything is a joke to clear.
    This is the exact point I've been making.

I FULLY support having control over manual creation of groups for challenging content for obvious reasons. But if the content is faceroll and people need to crank out lots of dungeons to get badges, rep or whatever, its just easier.

But i guess blizzard wants us to jump through extra superfluous hoops so we can all develop lifelong friendships from group assembly.

it literally existed in 3.3 during WOTLK lifecycle. i really hope they make the right decision and at LEAST bring it back for phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post

I FULLY support having control over manual creation of groups for challenging content for obvious reasons. But if the content is faceroll and people need to crank out lots of dungeons to get badges, rep or whatever, its just easier.

But i guess blizzard wants us to jump through extra superfluous hoops so we can all develop lifelong friendships from group assembly.

it literally existed in 3.3 during WOTLK lifecycle. i really hope they make the right decision and at LEAST bring it back for phase 4.
    Considering we had a roadmap for both Classic and TBC before they were launched and the information about the RDF non-inclusion was in the release trailer I'd say the likelihood of the RDF being added in P4 is slim-to-none.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Funny how the perception has changed.

When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.
    yeah we didnt want it in classic because vanilla didnt have it, wont matter anyway. when wotlk launches and everyone starts getting ganked in wpvp again people are gunna be begging for it just to stand in a capital and spam queue to 80
    Last edited by skarci; 2022-08-12 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skarci View Post
    yeah we didnt want it in classic because vanilla didnt have it
    The whole point of "classic wow" is to release the expansion cycles "as they were". there was no group finder in vanilla and TBC and everyone is okay with it because they accept it as it was.

however, with patch 3.3 in WotLK, dungeon finder was introduced and was universally utilized and accepted. Now, blizzard removing a major feature from wotlk for no reason other than "muh community" will obviously piss people off considering it existed during its actual life-cycle.

The whole point of "classic wow" is to release the expansion cycles "as they were". there was no group finder in vanilla and TBC and everyone is okay with it because they accept it as it was.

however, with patch 3.3 in WotLK, dungeon finder was introduced and was universally utilized and accepted. Now, blizzard removing a major feature from wotlk for no reason other than "muh community" will obviously piss people off considering it existed during its actual life-cycle.
    I can tell you from experience that the RDF was hardly "universally accepted." Many, many players consider this single feature the defining point at which retail, for them, went in a direction they could not continue supporting. Just skim through the Classic Megathread from before Classic had been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Kind of agree with this, however they have 2 very big problems to handle for that to work. The AH and the channels spam, it will be literally impossible to be able to read anything. The new LFG tool might help a bit but people don't change, they will still spam like mad.
    They can definitely make layering work to be very consistent so people can encounter mostly the same people.
    I can pause or slow down the scroll speed of my chat channels can you not do that?

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielPV View Post
    My free time is very limited playing only in the evening when child is asleep - max 1-2 hours as I wake up early (to work). To me as a casual player it is very sad, that group finder tool will not be present (at least from final ICC patch). Played TBC Classic for few months, during this time I was in dungeon like 5 times ? Because staring in LFG chat and asking to invite for 30-60 minutes is simply not fun. Also not sure where is the social aspect in this. TBH not looking to socialize, just want to play.
    Also not sure about the new tool in WotLK Classic. I have a feeling that some classes will be picked more often (top dps classes) that others (average/below average dps classes). Also not sure where is the social aspect here.

This is just my feeling. Please do not send me to retail as that is trash. I know it is more casual friendly, but it is not fun.
    Yes! Currently leveling a shadow priest, because I like playing shadow. I want to dps, not heal. I'm not a good healer, I'm not interested in playing a healer (and, let's face it - pay to do something I don't like). Then this happened as I was questing the other day, at level 31

LFG-channel [Somewarrior] LFM SM GY
    To Somewarrior: Hey, I can dps
    from Somewarrior: sec
    To Somewarrior: sure!
    From Somewarrior: lol tough luck priest leveling bro

or this

LFG-channel [Someone]: LFM SM GY
    To Someone: hey, i can dps!
    other spam
    To Someone: hey, i whispered you earlier, I can dps

Wow, such social enjoyable gameplay, really having the time of my life, while not being able to find miner Hacket (fuck that guy), and being either the victim of spec discrimination (they're going for a world first SM GY?!) or completely ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Yea like of wrath heroics werent completely faceroll I would avoid the dungeon finder by a long shot, but its legit so easy that after ulduar gear, and even naxx gear with a dk for instance, you dont need a healer for like most of them anymore. Idk, this feels like heavy fun nerf to try to force something on a community. I'm sure some people will enjoy it, the mega servers are basically like perpetual dungeon finder, so it would not be the worst I guess. But no thinking just que and farm joke content was always so fun and relaxing back in wrath so I would be sad if I was playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Even on any reasonably sized server there are no groups being formed for dungeons in the 1-40 level range.
    This was my experience within the first couple months of Classic as well as the first couple months of TBC Classic playing of Faerlina.

What I have never understood about this argument is whether we form the groups with RDF or Chat/LFD its still the same player pool.
    Are people afraid of having a bad experience with a player they don't know? In an MMO?

WotLK dungeons will be formed simply because we will all be focused on ten levels worth of them.
    Obviously I would argue to put in RFD and have people who don't want to use it opt out, but I would at least compromise and say lets add RDF as a leveling tool for dungeons 1-40(Classic), 1-58(TBCC), and 1-68(WotLKC).

This solution took the five minutes I had to think about it after sitting down at work.
    Thank you Blizzard for all of your hard work.
    Quests exist as a leveling 'tool', not dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Yea like of wrath heroics werent completely faceroll I would avoid the dungeon finder by a long shot, but its legit so easy that after ulduar gear, and even naxx gear with a dk for instance, you dont need a healer for like most of them anymore. Idk, this feels like heavy fun nerf to try to force something on a community. I'm sure some people will enjoy it, the mega servers are basically like perpetual dungeon finder, so it would not be the worst I guess. But no thinking just que and farm joke content was always so fun and relaxing back in wrath so I would be sad if I was playing.
    They weren't at first and to even suggest such is dishonest.