Thread: So… Tinkers

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard would have the ''bright'' idea to make them exclusive to gnomes and goblins like they did with evoker, just so they don't have to make so many new animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I

Those examples are debunked by the demon hunter class. Rogues would get "demon hunter items" such as the warglaives and Illidan's blindfold, while warlocks later on would get a tier set based off Illidan and get the most recognizable of the WC3 demon hunter's abilities: metamorphosis and self-immolation.

And we still got demon hunters as a playable class. So your arguments against the dark ranger class because "they have DR abilities you can use for a single expansion and only if you have a specific item, plus DR trasmog" don't really hold much water.
    That would be two expansions, since Hunters are getting Wailing Arrow as a talent in DF.

Btw, told ya so.

There wasn't one for the monk, either, so Blizzard took a non-monk character and retconned him into being a monk.

Totally a non-monk character....

Ohhhhhhhh man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    DF isn't even out and we're back on Tinker discussion, whee.

DF definitely knocked a decent degree of viability for the tinker discussion in the near future, between having a new class, and having said class be a Mail-wearing one, which was one of the Tinkerers main justifications for existing. While a fourth Mail class wouldn't necessarily completely throw the armor class balance out of whack, it does make it a bit of an uphill battle.

HOWEVER, Tinkers, as a class, do have enough potential to properly differentiate from anything else, Evokers included, if Blizz were to really lean into making a summon-centric class. Closest equivalent that currently exists is Demo lock, but even then, there's room for distinction. But this is ultimately a thought experiment for something that is all but guaranteed to not happen for at least a few more years, if ever.
    I'm forced to agree with most of this.

With Evokers being the third mail class and offering a new ranged and healing spec, the need for a Tinker class (or any new class) is greatly diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That would be two expansions, since Hunters are getting Wailing Arrow as a talent in DF.
    Fine. Two expansions. Still doesn't change the argument one iota, since warlocks held onto Metamorphosis for four expansions.

I'm glad you agree. Good to see you're finally starting to see reason. That picture is really not of a monk. Just a pandaren merrily drinking ale.

I think the next class might be void themed. It's the only force that isn't strongly represented in the game. There are specs but nothing that would fulfill the fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You knew what you were doing when making this thread...
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    After all that debate and discussion on the forum, it never happened. Given how WoW tends to not release classes very often, have people given up hope of ever seeing the Tinker class in game yet?

Me personally I would love a Bard/Musical class. Dark Age of Camelot had 3! One for each faction. They were:
    Bard - healers with great CC and pulsing group buffs (could choose 1, like auras)
    Minstrel - think a musical rogue fighter. Could stealth and climb walls. Could crowd control and temporarily ‘charm’ high level mobs to fight with them.
    Skald - Warrior musician. Would fight toe to toe and offer combat support.

Some of these would be great for WoW. But I guess it will be years before we see another class after Evoker?
    Even the folks who wanted Tinker knew it would NEVER be a class in WoW. They just hoped that it would be. You know the saying, hope in one hand, shit in the other.

Tinker was a failed class idea from the start, it never made any sense. People tried to justify it for their own dumbass reasons that still never made sense and were completely illogical. Glad it's over.

Also, none of your class ideas make sense either. They don't have any flow in the game, no lore.

I would go back and say if they add more classes, its going to be more "hero classes" that are based around the current lore of the expansion. Just like EVERY OTHER NEW CLASS has been. From DKs, to Monks, to DHs, to the new Drakthyr, the ENTIRE expansion lore is involved in and around the class added. Not a .5 patch or a glance over. Adding a new class/race is a massive thing to do, so they wouldn't waste their time with something as stupid as a tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Fine. Two expansions. Still doesn't change the argument one iota, since warlocks held onto Metamorphosis for four expansions.
    And Hunters have had Dark Ranger abilities in every expansion except TBC and BFA.

I'm glad you agree. Good to see you're finally starting to see reason. That picture is really not of a monk. Just a pandaren merrily drinking ale.
    .....and doing Kung Fu.

10+ Year Old Account
    The players lose anyway. Most were expecting that or Dragonsworn/dragon-knight class used by any race, and/or a drakkonid race. Evoker is practically mage combined with druid and dh mobility, with no tank spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say that tinkers are very unlikely to ever be an important piece of WoW, much less a class.

As a concept it doesn't feel to me like a class that would sell expansion boxes. That's enough to kill the idea at Blizzard if we are going to be honest. You can't take 300 threads created by the same half dozen people and convince me that there's any mass interest in the idea. The name alone — =tinkers= — just isn't in the same fantasy universe of say "death knights" or "necromancers" (another problematic class concept) or any of the other classes already in the game. I'm not a fan of Evokers (yet) but at least there's some power in the name. "Tinkers?" (tink-tink-tink-tink tinny high-pitched hammering sound effects). Not to even get into the connection to a very famous toy for pre-schoolers and the very young.

I think not. The mockery would be relentless (even compared to now) and there might be trademark issues if it becomes a much more prominent part of the game.

So... no. I don't see it ever happening really.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-08-11 at 10:05 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    After all that debate and discussion on the forum, it never happened. Given how WoW tends to not release classes very often, have people given up hope of ever seeing the Tinker class in game yet?

Me personally I would love a Bard/Musical class. Dark Age of Camelot had 3! One for each faction. They were:
    Bard - healers with great CC and pulsing group buffs (could choose 1, like auras)
    Minstrel - think a musical rogue fighter. Could stealth and climb walls. Could crowd control and temporarily ‘charm’ high level mobs to fight with them.
    Skald - Warrior musician. Would fight toe to toe and offer combat support.

Some of these would be great for WoW. But I guess it will be years before we see another class after Evoker?
    I don't think the idea of Tinker being a class is out of the question, but at this rate we might as well expect a new class every 2 or 3 expansions. Right now, I'm actually wondering what the next potential hero class may be, particularly cloth hero class. We've had Arthas/Scourge in DKs, Illidan/Demonic in DHs, and now Dragons in Evoker.

My Class Idea
    A Pantheon, Titan themed Cloth hero class. I'll call it "Lorekeeper" for now.

Specs...
    Cosmic - An Astromancer/Chronomancer spec based on Aman'Thul, Norgannon, and Algalon
    Forger - A shield-wielding battlemage spec based on Khaz'goroth and Golganneth
    Construction - Titan-tech themed healer spec based on the Val'anyr aesthetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Even the folks who wanted Tinker knew it would NEVER be a class in WoW. They just hoped that it would be. You know the saying, hope in one hand, shit in the other.

Tinker was a failed class idea from the start, it never made any sense. People tried to justify it for their own dumbass reasons that still never made sense and were completely illogical. Glad it's over.

Also, none of your class ideas make sense either. They don't have any flow in the game, no lore.

I would go back and say if they add more classes, its going to be more "hero classes" that are based around the current lore of the expansion. Just like EVERY OTHER NEW CLASS has been. From DKs, to Monks, to DHs, to the new Drakthyr, the ENTIRE expansion lore is involved in and around the class added. Not a .5 patch or a glance over. Adding a new class/race is a massive thing to do, so they wouldn't waste their time with something as stupid as a tinker.
    Anything is possible in WoW, so this line of reasoning is cantankerous at best. If MMO-C has taught me anything it’s that class advocates with their mockery are insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Anyone who says "nobody wanted this" or "nobody asked for this" is simply projecting their own opinion onto other people and should therefore be fully ignored.
    Yeah but aren't you just projecting your own opinion here?

I say add Tinkers but they can only ever be Gnomes or Goblins. The rage would be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelwing View Post
    I say add Tinkers but they can only ever be Gnomes or Goblins. The rage would be fun to watch.
    No no, they can only be Tauren, Pandaren and Worgen
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

7+ Year Old Account
    New class: Techslayer
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And Hunters have had Dark Ranger abilities in every expansion except TBC and BFA.
    So? Again, that doesn't invalidate my argument because there is no set date where abilities "prescribe" and stop belonging to the original concept.

.....and doing Kung Fu.
    ... "Balancing on one foot" = "kung fu"? So everyone knows kung fu?

Joking aside, the pandaren in that picture is not shown to be performing any kung fu move. There are no action lines in the image to describe movement of the limbs except on the arm holding the beer keg, there are no impact graphics or opponents shown in that image, so at face value the pandaren in the picture is just standing still while pouring beer on their open mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    No no, they can only be Tauren, Pandaren and Worgen
    And night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Let the games....begin
    I read this in Jigsaw's voice and was waiting for a picture of him to appear >>

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    On an aside how did Gelbin, Mimir, overspark or the mechagnome prince have
    no interest in zereth mortis
    Like after everything is wrapped up, an expedition
    That much is true, but then we also have Lor'themar reflecting on his rule as regent-lord of Quel'Thalas, and wondering what Prince Kael'Thas would think of him and his decisions regarding the future of the blood elf race, etc... When Kael'Thas is one anima wyrm travel away.

Thrall could meet his mother and Darion could see his father one last time. So why couldn't Lor'themar meet with Kael'Thas?