Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They are on right now, literally lying about what was found, saying they have the search warrant. How come no one else has it?
    Probably Trump's team releasing the warrant to Trump friendly places (like fox and WSJ) hoping to get out in front of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Probably Trump's team releasing the warrant to Trump friendly places (like fox and WSJ) hoping to get out in front of the story.
    I can imagine someone like Cucker Whoreson looking at it unredacted and going....." Um, are you sure you want to go with this as is? Can I have a sharpie to "redact" the embarrassing shit?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I can imagine someone like Cucker Whoreson looking at it unredacted and going....." Um, are you sure you want to go with this as is? Can I have a sharpie to "redact" the embarrassing shit?"
    It's probably why those places didn't actually show us the full warrant. They are paraphrasing it because the real thing looks too bad.

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/12/fbi...assified-trump

Wall Street Journal also confirming that classified and top secret information was taken from Trump's personal residence.

The FBI found four sets of "top secret documents", three sets of "secret documents", and three sets of "confidential documents" — all of which the Justice Department argues are federal property, the WSJ found.
    Which is "no big deal" because -

Trump’s lawyers argue the president used his authority to declassify the documents before he left office.

As the WSJ notes, a president has the power to declassify documents, but there are federal regulations that dictate that process.
    Given that the Trump administration "following the rules" was a rare occasion, and the primary reason why many of their efforts were overturned in court, like the attempted repeal of DACA, I am unconvinced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/2022/08/12/fbi...assified-trump

Wall Street Journal also confirming that classified and top secret information was taken from Trump's personal residence.

Given that the Trump administration "following the rules" was a rare occasion, and the primary reason why many of their efforts were overturned in court, like the attempted repeal of DACA, I am unconvinced.
    When did you declassify them?
    5 minutes before the ILLEGAL WITCH HUNT FBI TRAITOR RAID on beautiful MAR-A-LARGO.
    You can't do that.
    I'm the President! Of course I can! Bigly!

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Trump’s lawyers argue the president used his authority to declassify the documents before he left office.

As the WSJ notes, a president has the power to declassify documents, but there are federal regulations that dictate that process.
    And even if he did declassify those documents, and even if he did follow the rules to do so, they're still not his documents and he's not allowed to just keep them.

So...that means they're posting the text of the search warrant (as much as is unredacted) in full right?

...right?

Or is this a "Trust me, fam" moment? WE NEED TO SEE THEIR ANONYMOUS SOURCE!
    Yeah, they said they are reviewing the warrant. If the warrant was released, and allowed to be released, CNN and MSNBC would be all over it as well. They aren't. So, yes, totally a trust me bro segment.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt he is going to let it go through. Just like he claimed he was going to release his taxes, but said his lawyers recommended against it because of the "audit".

Regarding the: BUT OBAMA'S 30 MILLION RECORDS FOR HIS PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY! nonsense

https://archive.ph/3xmGc

The National Archives and Records Administration issued a statement Friday in an attempt to counter misstatements about former president Barack Obama’s presidential records after several days of misinformation that had been spread by former president Donald Trump and conservative commentators.

Since the FBI search of his Florida home and club this week for classified documents kept there, Trump has asserted in social media posts that Obama “kept 33 million pages of documents, much of them classified,” and that they were “taken to Chicago by President Obama.”

In its statement, NARA said that it obtained “exclusive legal and physical custody” of Obama’s records when he left office in 2017. It said that about 30 million pages of unclassified records were transferred to a NARA facility in the Chicago area and that they continue to be maintained “exclusively by NARA.”

Classified records from Obama are kept in a NARA facility in Washington, the statement said.

As required by the [Presidential Records Act], former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration,” the statement said.

Despite the official statement, Trump continued to peddle his false claims in light of The Washington Post report that classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of Trump’s Florida residence Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Within minutes of the statement from the Archives, Trump again pushed his evidence-free claim in response to the latest reports, saying, “What are they going to do with the 33 million pages of documents, many of which are classified, that President Obama took to Chicago?”
    Another load of dishonest, bullshit, "whataboutism" from people desperate to defend what increasingly appears to be a serial-criminal who stole classified documents, including about nuclear technology, and brought them to his personal residence where he may be improperly sharing them with foreign entities. And for all we know, he was hiding them in Melania's closet. Or maybe the safe that didn't have a padlock. Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    When did you declassify them?

I mean, I really think he thinks that's how it works.

And right as I posted this. It is coming up on MSNBC that they now have the warrant.

No confirmation but Breitbart got the warrant so this is likely linked to Trump. The reason it is possible was the names of Federal Agents in the warrant were not redacted in Breitbart. Thus person who gave them to Breitbart did not redact and then of course Breitbart passed this with.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    No confirmation but Breitbart got the warrant so this is likely linked to Trump. The reason it is possible was the names of Federal Agents in the warrant were not redacted in Breitbart. Thus person who gave them to Breitbart did not redact and then of course Breitbart passed this with.
    Another target for the cultists to attack!

Are you ready to laugh your ass off?

“The Heritage Foundation's ⁦[
    cullystimson
    ⁩]…

‘If any president decides to declassify a document and doesn’t tell anybody — but he has made the decision to declassify something — then the document is declassified,’ Stimson said.”

So they are saying if you do it in your mind, than it is declassified. Yes people you don't need to announce it or sign papers, just think it in your mind.

You can stop laughing now.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account

cullystimson
    ⁩]…

‘If any president decides to declassify a document and doesn’t tell anybody — but he has made the decision to declassify something — then the document is declassified,’ Stimson said.”

So they are saying if you do it in your mind, than it is declassified. Yes people you don't need to announce it or sign papers, just think it in your mind.

My stupid meme up there was a joke, folks. If you think that's how the law works, you're a goddamned moron.

cullystimson
    ⁩]…

wat

Cool, so no paper trails needed, no processes. Just any president can declassify any information at any point because, "I actually decided to declassify it without telling anyone while I was still in office 20 years ago. You can't prove that I didn't!"

Heritage Foundation is going full-on authoritarian and they're not even trying to hide it.

He added that “there’s a rich debate about whether or not a document is declassified if a president has decided but not communicated it outside of his own head,” but Stimson said he would rather be the defense than the prosecution if the dispute ever went to trial.
    There's not, because there's no discussion to be had. These people are actively the dumbest, most amoral people around.

Edit: Get ready for Jimmy Carter to declassify and publicly share all the classified information from his time as POTUS! There's literally nobody that can prove that he didn't mentally declassify the documents before he left office in 1981.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-08-12 at 07:14 PM.

There's not, because there's no discussion to be had. These people are actively the dumbest, most amoral people around.
    You give them too much credit. They're not amoral. They know what they're doing is wrong and choose to do it anyway. Which makes them immoral.

So what should Obama say he totally declassified and open up for FOIA?

10+ Year Old Account

cullystimson
    ⁩]…

OOooo, I've seen this bit before!

WITH MY MIND!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    wat

Cool, so no paper trails needed, no processes. Just any president can declassify any information at any point because, "I actually decided to declassify it without telling anyone while I was still in office 20 years ago. You can't prove that I didn't!"

Heritage Foundation is going full-on authoritarian and they're not even trying to hide it.

Edit: Get ready for Jimmy Carter to declassify and publicly share all the classified information from his time as POTUS! There's literally nobody that can prove that he didn't mentally declassify the documents before he left office in 1981.
    The President can actually "read anyone into a document or file", and overturn a classification issue. I believe the President can also declassify something as well, but it has to go through a process, and documented.

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...61944552652801

Note the source (seems to be true though, seeing lots of chatter on it) but...

NEW via Breitbart: Trump under investigation per search warrant for:
    18 USC 2071 — Concealment, removal or mutilation
    18 USC 793 — Gathering, transmitting or losing defence information
    18 USC 1519 — Destruction, alteration or falsification of records in Federal investigations
    Note about 18 USC 793 specifically - https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim

That's the espionage act