View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I can't even be bothered to quote that giant turd of a post that dribbles plopped out. But using NHS spending figures for the middle of a pandemic to pretend that Brexit has given the NHS more money is fucking pathetic, even by his standards.

The rest of his diatribe about the NHS is flat out trolling, unquestionably. But I've reported him and as usual nothing has happened. No doubt I'll now get an infraction for flagging up the pathetic attempts at moderation we're seeing on this thread.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I can't even be bothered to quote that giant turd of a post that dribbles plopped out. But using NHS spending figures for the middle of a pandemic to pretend that Brexit has given the NHS more money is fucking pathetic, even by his standards.

The rest of his diatribe about the NHS is flat out trolling, unquestionably. But I've reported him and as usual nothing has happened. No doubt I'll now get an infraction for flagging up the pathetic attempts at moderation we're seeing on this thread.
    I know man Just dont let it eat away at you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    So apparantly the UK economy has shrunk by 0.1% last quarter
    Another benefit of Brexit, take take Europoors

I don’t think he’s trolling about the NHS. I think he’s a conservative who’s genuine in his belief that a for profit healthcare system is better.

Meanwhile I’m hoping that the Ghost of Clement Attlee shoves on umbrella up his ass.

This decade is going to be interesting for the Brexit crew. This is the decade that the baby boomers retire. Birth rates have been in terminal decline for a while now and like most of the industrial world, we are heading into a demographic shift with the economically active being a smaller and smaller portion of the populace. There aren't the "native" workers to replace all of the baby boomers entering retirement. Brexit sped this up, as we can see there are a lot of jobs out there, with many sectors missing the EU workforce that it used to employ.

I know that older people were much more likely to vote for Brexit. I wonder how they can square the circle of getting their pensions, as well as other care issues, with a labour shortage. It isn't obvious to me how that gets fixed/balanced without immigration. With a shrinking tax base how do they hope to maintain the same level of benefits? That is to say nothing of the potential intergenerational resentment. There already is some, as mostly older people voted to deprive younger people of free travel throughout the EU. Those same people* will now need them to work longer and harder to maintain them. Especially if this group also insists that we need to keep Johnny Foreigner out, tying younger peoples hands behind their backs then yelling at them to fix the mess they made.

I know they don't have an answer to this other than "it will be ok" or "its the EU's fault!", because they never had a plan, and never thought out all of the consequences. At this point too many are just religious zealots. However with the impending demographic problems we are going to get hit with this decade, and all of the resultant social problems/potential unrest, they can't be allowed to pass the buck to anyone else, they must be made to own it.

*=I know not every older person voted for Brexit, but there was a clear correlation between age and leave/remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Anyone remember when dribbles linked the governments list of about 40 Brexit "benefits". They were laughable, of course, but no less than 4 of them related to improving animal welfare.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...george-eustice

Woops. If Liz gets to be PM, looks like 10% of those "benefits" are going to vanish. You couldn't make it up.

- - - Updated - - -

And just to remind people - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62574105

This was NOT allowed while we were still part of the EU. Since we've left, Tories have voted to allow water companies to pump untreated sewage into our rivers and seas. That's what Brexit has given us, the ability for the Tories to literally shit on our own doorstep. Are you proud yet, dribbles?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember when dribbles linked the governments list of about 40 Brexit "benefits". They were laughable, of course, but no less than 4 of them related to improving animal welfare.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...george-eustice

Woops. If Liz gets to be PM, looks like 10% of those "benefits" are going to vanish. You couldn't make it up.
    The Guardian, as always, are plain wrong and just enjoying like their readers, the Sunak vs Truss blue on blue attacks. Back in reality and unreported by the Guardian, the "Kept Animals Bill" is progressing nicely through parliament and soon the UK will have the highest and tightest standards for animal welfare in Europe thanks to Brexit. We will be the first European country to ban the live export and import of animals for slaughter in the continent. To be clear as an EU member we were not able to do this.

Brexit benefits not just for humans, but for the animals in the UK too.

And just to remind people - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62574105

This was NOT allowed while we were still part of the EU. Since we've left, Tories have voted to allow water companies to pump untreated sewage into our rivers and seas. That's what Brexit has given us, the ability for the Tories to literally shit on our own doorstep. Are you proud yet, dribbles?
    The hottest and driest UK summer since records began, no rain for weeks and weeks, then a sudden overwhelming deluge in the last 48hours. Are you really trying to blame that on Brexit? In or out of the EU with these unprecedented weather conditions that sewage was going in the sea. Only difference now is the EU can't fine us for it. Another Brexit benefit I'd say.

But weak sauce Huey, exceptional meteorological conditions have nothing to do with Brexit. Unlike of course this which most definitely does...

EU citizens coming to UK plunge by 90% since Brexit, ONS reveals

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/e...-b1018612.html

Brexit working as intended and ending free movement, just as we voted for in another clear Brexit benefit. Wonderful.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The Guardian, as always, are plain wrong and just enjoying like their readers, the Sunak vs Truss blue on blue attacks. Back in reality and unreported by the Guardian, the "Kept Animals Bill" is progressing nicely through parliament and soon the UK will have the highest and tightest standards for animal welfare in Europe thanks to Brexit. We will be the first European country to ban the live export and import of animals for slaughter in the continent. To be clear as an EU member we were not able to do this.

Brexit benefits not just for humans, but for the animals in the UK too.

The hottest and driest UK summer since records began, no rain for weeks and weeks, then a sudden overwhelming deluge in the last 48hours. Are you really trying to blame that on Brexit? In or out of the EU with these unprecedented weather conditions that sewage was going in the sea. Only difference now is the EU can't fine us for it. Another Brexit benefit I'd say.

But weak sauce Huey, exceptional meteorological conditions have nothing to do with Brexit. Unlike of course this which most definitely does...

EU citizens coming to UK plunge by 90% since Brexit, ONS reveals

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/e...-b1018612.html

Brexit working as intended and ending free movement, just as we voted for in another clear Brexit benefit. Wonderful.
    1 reply being just talk with nothing to backup your "it's fine" claims. Please backup your claims that

soon the UK will have the highest and tightest standards for animal welfare in Europe thanks to Brexit
    You assume

We will be the first European country to ban the live export and import of animals for slaughter in the continent.
    No wonder, considering the obstacles brexit caused, would suck if the animals died while waiting at the border, seriously.

And then a strawman and confirming your xeonophobia.

Ironically, had the UK not been hit by a drought, you would prasied brexit for sparing the UK from the weather. But it's cute how you here blame the weather for a complete brexit failure.

So the Brits want to teach us about handling beef? Really? Last time they thought they did something smart, everyone else stopped buying their beef. It's still difficult to find British beef anywhere. Irish? Sure, no problem. But British... Heck, you can't even get clotted cream outside of Britain.

Yes, please, show off your compassion for animals... because that's going to make more sense of Brexit now. You throw your country into the stupid pond because... live animal exports...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So the Brits want to teach us about handling beef? Really? Last time they thought they did something smart, everyone else stopped buying their beef. It's still difficult to find British beef anywhere. Irish? Sure, no problem. But British... Heck, you can't even get clotted cream outside of Britain.

Yes, please, show off your compassion for animals... because that's going to make more sense of Brexit now. You throw your country into the stupid pond because... live animal exports...
    I think you will find that our trusted 100% British beef exports are holding up very nicely after Brexit. Even to the EU. As to teaching about handling Beef it was only fair and very necessary to remind the EU that Beef comes from Cows, not some other kinds of four legged animals.

Millions of ready meals were withdrawn from stores across Europe after they were found to contain horsemeat instead of only beef as indicated on the label.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2...dustry-scandal

Is that what you are referring to? A well deserved lesson if you ask me and a Brexit benefit that the UK can now apply, if it so chooses to, stricter controls to dodgy foodstuffs that may try to enter the UK market from the EU mainland. Good luck with the hidden ingredients that might be contained within that non-British beef of yours...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I think you will find that our trusted 100% British beef exports are holding up very nicely after Brexit. Even to the EU. As to teaching about handling Beef it was only fair and very necessary to remind the EU that Beef comes from Cows, not some other kinds of four legged animals.
    A habitual liar who can't read their own sources describes Brexit 100%

not some other kinds of four legged animals.
    You are really not doing well with the Gotcha game these days Dribbler.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account

Millions of ready meals were withdrawn from stores across Europe after they were found to contain horsemeat instead of only beef as indicated on the label.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2...dustry-scandal

Is that what you are referring to? A well deserved lesson if you ask me and a Brexit benefit that the UK can now apply, if it so chooses to, stricter controls to dodgy foodstuffs that may try to enter the UK market from the EU mainland. Good luck with the hidden ingredients that might be contained within that non-British beef of yours...
    No, that is not what he is referring to, this is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...m_BSE_outbreak

Go read it, and educate yourself a bit. Ask your parents for a first hand account since you're not old enough to remember it, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    since you're not old enough to remember it, apparently.
    despite being obviously affected by it.

No, that is not what he is referring to, this is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...m_BSE_outbreak

Go read it, and educate yourself a bit. Ask your parents for a first hand account since you're not old enough to remember it, apparently.
    Let's not forget the Horse meat scandal, less than a decade old, which also had several factories and a "horse trafficker" from the UK involved.

Apparently Dribbles does not believe there to be any wrongdoings happening in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Let's not forget the Horse meat scandal, less than a decade old, which also had several factories and a "horse trafficker" from the UK involved.

Apparently Dribbles does not believe there to be any wrongdoings happening in the UK.
    that lasagna was better with the horse meat in to be fair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    that lasagna was better with the horse meat in to be fair
    The problem isn't really with eating horse meat in itself, I have sausages made of that on a somewhat regular basis here myself, the real issue is if foodstuffs contains things that are not supposed to be there officially, it represents a potential for breakdown of regulation control on what's being put inside things people are expected to eat.

The problem isn't really with eating horse meat in itself, I have sausages made of that on a somewhat regular basis here myself, the real issue is if foodstuffs contains things that are not supposed to be there officially, it represents a potential for breakdown of regulation control on what's being put inside things people are expected to eat.
    Trying to remember but wasn't the other issue that the meat used was from like race horses or something and pumped full of chemicals like steroids and such? Things you don't normally find in everyday foodstuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Trying to remember but wasn't the other issue that the meat used was from like race horses or something and pumped full of chemicals like steroids and such? Things you don't normally find in everyday foodstuff?
    That too, but that kind of falls under the lack of control of regulations being followed part.

Eating horse is common in many cultures all throughout Europe, but there's regulations in place that horses that have been pumped full of all kinds of stimulants and medicine are not supposed to get used in food production.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly this, in addition who is to know what other 4 legged mammals are contained in those sausages you regularly consume if EU regulations are broken. Brexit gives back control to the UK and can prevent these failures in future as promised.

In other news as Mad Liz prepares to take office in the UK over the next few days it was heartening to see her likely stance on the EU when...

The event host, asked Ms Truss: "President Macron, friend or foe?" "The jury's out," she responded to loud applause.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...inister-latest

No signs of reversing the beautiful Brexit there as the audience cheered. Fabulous, the goodship HMS Brexit - steady as she goes.