Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well that's what I mean; Lorewise, any Dracthyr that isn't an Evoker is less-than, and pretty much an inferior to the Dracthyr Evoker. Obviously, that won't play out in terms of gameplay, but I can imagine plenty of players avoiding it just because of the lore.
    Well underdog stories are pretty popular... So the lore people would be happy in that aspect.

And I'm pretty sure the majority of players aren't gonna give a shit about the lore making them "lesser dracthyr" and just wanna play a dragon warrior or we when they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, eventually they may add classes to Drakthyr. I don't see much issues with that - you already have plenty animations for Drakthyr in model viewer that are unique to specific classes like Mutilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Have they said anything about Dracthyr being able to have more transmog options in the future? Because without it, I don't know why people would want to play a race that can only alter 1-2 pieces.
    That's what I've been saying this whole time. However, Varx and others like to pretend that armor and weapons don't matter to Warrior, Rogue, Shaman, etc. players.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I've been saying this whole time. However, Varx and others like to pretend that armor and weapons don't matter to Warrior, Rogue, Shaman, etc. players.
    But if people are willing to play the new Evoker class like that, why wouldn't they be willing to play other classes like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    But if people are willing to play the new Evoker class like that, why wouldn't they be willing to play other classes like that?
    Because like Druids, Evoker abilities are based on their physiology (talons, breath, wings, scales, etc.) not on equipped armor and weapons. Those are nothing more than stats. In short;

They don't need armor and weapons.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-08-13 at 08:52 PM.

Well that's what I mean; Lorewise, any Dracthyr that isn't an Evoker is less-than, and pretty much an inferior to the Dracthyr Evoker. Obviously, that won't play out in terms of gameplay, but I can imagine plenty of players avoiding it just because of the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an honor, but nowhere does it say that a Human Paladin is above a Human Warrior. Those edicts you harp on about say exactly that about the Dracthyr. It sort of makes sense when you consider that the Evoker takes advantage of the Dracthyr's physiology, while other classes don't.

I wonder if players are willing to play as a disabled character....

Also how would this work in terms of leveling? Is Blizzard going to create an entirely new starting experience where Dracthyr Warriors or Rogues start at level 1, while Evokers are starting at level 58? That doesn't make sense.
    Omg haha, man are u serious.

No one is calling them disabled. Lol dude please.

Like a pally is more proficient at fighting undead than a warrior. Lol would you call them disabled??????

And obviously they'd go to ER while evokers start at a high level like any other hero class.....

://///

- - - Updated - - -

Have they said anything about Dracthyr being able to have more transmog options in the future? Because without it, I don't know why people would want to play a race that can only alter 1-2 pieces.
    Same reason some players play mechagnomes...

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Same reason some players play mechagnomes...
    Kind of a terrible example. Mechagnomes have such limited options to match what pieces they can transmog. That and you're stuck only using you heritage set if you want to go full robot. They too are terribly designed.

Okay, aside from your made up power levels....

Read this very carefully

The edicts in the evoker starting zone, written by neltharion, aka deathwing, state that not all dracthyr are evokers.

Dracthyr alone ate meant to be the supreme soldier. Each dracthyr belongs to a specific clan specializing in a form of warfare.

The evokers are a handful of eltire dracthyr from each clan, the elite of the elite, that are able to harness the power of the 5 flights.

2 of those clans, the obsidian wardens(alliance), and dark talons (horde) will be fighting along side mortal races.

Since, as per deathwing, not all dracthyr are evokers, in time those evokers will learn the ways of the mortals they're aligned with.
    The dracthyr were made to be evokers, all that didnt reach that potential are just failed evokers, thats the whole point in the race plain and simple they were made to be a powerful warrior that wielded the powers of 5 dragonflights for a specific purpose.

This is not made up power levels, dragons power has always been on a higher level so try not to talk BS when it goes against your agenda, the dracthyr are still dragons so they have dragon powers and have no need to learn any other ways even if they dont have the abilities of all 5 flights.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Kind of a terrible example. Mechagnomes have such limited options to match what pieces they can transmog. That and you're stuck only using you heritage set if you want to go full robot. They too are terribly designed.
    Yes people still play them. Dracthyr would prob have an even bigger population since they're freaking dragons and dragons are normally naked anyway so people expect it. AND have their visage with armor.

So it's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The dracthyr were made to be evokers, all that didnt reach that potential are just failed evokers, thats the whole point in the race plain and simple they were made to be a powerful warrior that wielded the powers of 5 dragonflights for a specific purpose.

This is not made up power levels, dragons power has always been on a higher level so try not to talk BS when it goes against your agenda, the dracthyr are still dragons so they have dragon powers and have no need to learn any other ways even if they dont have the abilities of all 5 flights.
    Wrong wrong....

Dracthyr we're meant the perfect soldier. Not just evokers. I ain't making this shit up you can look it up yourself. You're the one spewing head cannon as fact. Again read the edicts. Lol

Haha, yeah dragons have always been on a higher level....

That's why they've been fucked over by mortals on multiple occasions and constantly asking for their assistance.

Just sit. Down dude. This is literally in the game read it urself. Not all dracthyr are evokers. They gonna learn how to be mages I promise you

When? Idk. But they will.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-13 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg haha, man are u serious.

No one is calling them disabled. Lol dude please.

Like a pally is more proficient at fighting undead than a warrior. Lol would you call them disabled??????
    Well no, because a human warrior can still fully use their limbs. However, a Dracthyr warrior can't fully use their wings (indicating a disability), can't use flame breath (indicating a disability with their respiratory system), can't swing their tail as quickly (indicating another limb-based disability), have no scale-based defenses (skin deficiency), etc.

And obviously they'd go to ER while evokers start at a high level like any other hero class.....
    How? Aren't all Dracthyr supposed to be asleep in the Dragon Isles until DF?

Yes people still play them. Dracthyr would prob have an even bigger population since they're freaking dragons and dragons are normally naked anyway so people expect it. AND have their visage with armor.

So it's fine.
    Mechagnomes are the least played race in the game. And don't even represent 1% of the community.

So no, its not fine. You're just delusional.

Mechagnomes are the least played race in the game. And don't even represent 1% of the community.

So no, its not fine. You're just delusional.
    How am I delusional? They're still palyed....

And dracthyr would be played even more since they're dragons and also have their visage form....

- - - Updated - - -

Well no, because a human warrior can still fully use their limbs. However, a Dracthyr warrior can't fully use their wings (indicating a disability), can't use flame breath (indicating a disability with their respiratory system), can't swing their tail as quickly (indicating another limb-based disability), have no scale-based defenses (skin deficiency), etc.

How? Aren't all Dracthyr supposed to be asleep in the Dragon Isles until DF?
    Obviously the dracthyr in ER would have woken up already and joined the H and A.

And can you stop with that disabled crap man... Even the none evokers dracthyr are praised upon by DW and called elite. That shit ain't disabled. They're bred soldiers.

Lol I know you're tanking my chain but still...

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the dracthyr in ER would have woken up already and joined the H and A.
    Then how are they at level 1?

And can you stop with that disabled crap man... Even the none evokers dracthyr are praised upon by DW and called elite. That shit ain't disabled. They're bred soldiers.

Lol I know you're tanking my chain but still...
    What else would you call a Dracthyr that can’t use their limbs?

Then how are they at level 1?

What else would you call a Dracthyr that can’t use their limbs?
    They still have both their racials abilities... And soar.

And they're level one cuz they're learning how to be X class...

A worgen war doesn't use their claws are they disabled?....

Dracthyr we're meant the perfect soldier. Not just evokers. I ain't making this shit up you can look it up yourself. You're the one spewing head cannon as fact. Again read the edicts. Lol

Haha, yeah dragons have always been on a higher level....

That's why they've been fucked over by mortals on multiple occasions and constantly asking for their assistance.

Just sit. Down dude. This is literally in the game read it urself. Not all dracthyr are evokers. They gonna learn how to be mages I promise you

When? Idk. But they will.
    The dracthyrs whole purpose as a race is to be able to wield the powers of the 5 dragonflights, any dracthyr not an evoker is just a failed experiment. The whole purpose of the race was for them to be an evoker.

Any real dragon encounters the players have had they have required serious help needing to defeat a true dragon so no mortals are pretty damn weak as everytime they are basically given god buffs of some sort to be up to par to even stand a chance, its also a game so you need to be able to kill those internet dragons somehow, lorewise however one real dragon could easily wipe out whatever they wanted, but in WoW dragons are not really the enemy most of the time.

Being born with dragon abilities makes them superior, would you give up being superman so you can batman. Makes no sense to neuter your dragon abilities just to swing a sword right, gameplay wise and lorewise.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-08-13 at 10:47 PM.

The dracthyrs whole purpose as a race is to be able to wield the powers of the 5 dragonflights, any dracthyr not an evoker is just a failed experiment. The whole purpose of the race was for them to be an evoker.

Any real dragon encounters the players have had they have required serious help needing to defeat a true dragon so no mortals are pretty damn weak as everytime they are basically given god buffs of some sort to be up to par to even stand a chance, its also a game so you need to be able to kill those internet dragons somehow, lorewise however one real dragon could easily wipe out whatever they wanted, but in WoW dragons are not really the enemy most of the time.
    Literally everything you said is incorrect.

Various dragon we've fought have varied In strength through individuals. Some our super strong other not so strong.

If you actually payed attention to the evokers Intro and all the lore that's been revealed then you wouldn't be calling them failed experiments.

Jesus Christ, lmao. Dios mio

Literally everything you said is incorrect.

Various dragon we've fought have varied In strength through individuals. Some our super strong other not so strong.

If you actually payed attention to the evokers Intro and all the lore that's been revealed then you wouldn't be calling them failed experiments.

Jesus Christ, lmao. Dios mio
    A dracthyr not able to wield the 5 dragonflights is a failed experiement though, they were created and that means the potential for failures, so what i have said is actually true regardless of your agenda. And its also true that when killing any proper dragon in WoW the players have had massive help to do so, from requiring whole raid teams to even kill a minor dragon to getting god tier power increases, hardly the work of meer mortals, and like i said before its a game its no fun if your not able to kill those internet dragons but dont talk BS about thier power level.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still have both their racials abilities... And soar.
    If Blizzard doesn't change them, sure. However, they can't use them fully like an Evoker can. It'd be someone who can't run or walk, only crawl around. For example, an Evoker can Soar, can use hover to fly around the battlefield, can fly to an ally, can fly to an ally or enemy and pick them up and carry them, can fly and shoot their fire breath.

Only thing a Dracthyr Warrior can do is Soar (maybe). They might also lose tail swipe and wing buffet since those are directly tied to Evoker talents.

Can't use their claws.
    Can't use their scales to protect themselves.
    Can't use their magical breath.
    Can't use their tails as often.
    Cant use their wings as often.
    etc.

Sounds pretty gimped.

And they're level one cuz they're learning how to be X class...
    Add that to the list too. They start at level 1 as opposed to 58, showcasing their lack of skill.

So Blizzard is going to have to give them an entirely separate starting experience on the Isles?

A worgen war doesn't use their claws are they disabled?....
    Worgen don't use their claws and teeth because they don't want to be beasts. Holding on to their humanity is top priority for them. Hence why you see Worgen wearing human clothes/armor and still using weapons. There's no excuse for a Dracthyr to be unable to do the basic things a dragon can do.

I'm forced to agree with @kenn9530 that such Dracthyr would be failed experiments/rejects.

- - - Updated - - -

A dracthyr not able to wield the 5 dragonflights is a failed experiement though, they were created and that means the potential for failures, so what i have said is actually true regardless of your agenda. And its also true that when killing any proper dragon in WoW the players have had massive help to do so, from requiring whole raid teams to even kill a minor dragon to getting god tier power increases, hardly the work of meer mortals, and like i said before its a game its no fun if your not able to kill those internet dragons but dont talk BS about thier power level.
    Exactly. Which is why the DRAGON class is a hero class.

Why would anyone want to play as a dragon that has zero dragon abilities outside of a couple of racials?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-08-13 at 11:03 PM.

Dude there's multiple, MULTIPLE dragon quest npcs that we solo kill....

You realize then what you're saying is that the majority of dracthyr are freaking failures....

How can you even call an elite soldier a failure. Like I ain't making this up. Their creator says this..

- - - Updated - - -

If Blizzard doesn't change them, sure. However, they can't use them fully like an Evoker can. It'd be someone who can't run or walk, only crawl around. For example, an Evoker can Soar, can use hover to fly around the battlefield, can fly to an ally, can fly to an ally or enemy and pick them up and carry them, can fly and shoot their fire breath.

Only thing a Dracthyr Warrior can do is Soar (maybe). They might also lose tail swipe and wing buffet since those are directly tied to Evoker talents.

Can't use their claws.
    Can't use their scales to protect themselves.
    Can't use their magical breath.
    Can't use their tails as often.
    Cant use their wings as often.
    etc.

Sounds pretty gimped.

Add that to the list too. They start at level 1 as opposed to 58, showcasing their lack of skill.

So Blizzard is going to have to give them an entirely separate starting experience on the Isles?

Worgen don't use their claws and teeth because they don't want to be beasts. Holding on to their humanity is top priority for them. Hence why you see Worgen wearing human clothes/armor and still using weapons. There's no excuse for a Dracthyr to be unable to do the basic things a dragon can do.

I'm forced to agree with @kenn9530 that such Dracthyr would be failed experiments/rejects.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Which is why the DRAGON class is a hero class.

Why would anyone want to play as a dragon that has zero dragon abilities outside of a couple of racials?

Dude a dracthyr war doesn't need to use their draconic limbs since the art of a warrior doesn't require it...

But they still have their racials.

Obviously they have a lack of skill because they're just starting to learn the other classes.... I mean duuh

They're not gonna lose their two racials, if anything evokers will... But ever race needs an active racial. This is the dracthyr's.

Dude there's multiple, MULTIPLE dragon quest npcs that we solo kill....

You realize then what you're saying is that the majority of dracthyr are freaking failures....

How can you even call an elite soldier a failure. Like I ain't making this up. Their creator says this..

- - - Updated - - -

Dude a dracthyr war doesn't need to use their draconic limbs since the art of a warrior doesn't require it...

But they still have their racials.

Obviously they have a lack of skill because they're just starting to learn the other classes.... I mean duuh

They're not gonna lose their two racials, if anything evokers will... But ever race needs an active racial. This is the dracthyr's.
    And you realise its a game right where they give you weak enemies to kill to make you feel strong, the enemies you solo are not real dragons, a true dragon is a being like wrathion, or malygos, not general red dragon A in random area.

Its the truth, they were created for one purpose and thats to wield all powers of the 5 dragonflights, if they were flawed and couldnt live up to that goal then yes they are failures, i didnt say they were weak or not capable did I.

Also a dracthyr losing basic dragon abilities just to be a mage or whatever makes no sense, all dracthyr should retain the use of at least 1 dragonflight magic and breath attacks, flight and such, so you think it makes sense to lose all this just so you can be a run of the mill warrior or priest. WoW classes are not designed well enough to properly allow this to be possible without a major rework.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-08-13 at 11:24 PM.