Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Everything that makes diablo "diablo" is effectively dead. This is just Diablo 3.5.....

Gotta say my excitement has completely tanked for this game.
    Care to provide a source other than the unnamed, alleged tester?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There could be a crafting system that lets you salvage materials out of old gear.
    I still doubt it would be equal. Say In terms of D2 I sell Enigma and get Infinity for it. Both high value stuff. Not a pile of blue dust which i'll need 10000 of to craft something equal in value. Or I sell mid items like shako or arach, mara. I sell 30 of them and get my high-end runeword. It would be too good of a crafting system, I don't believe blizzard are interested and capable of doing it. Besides after d3 I shrug at the word 'crafting'. I'll need therapy to forget that.
    As for inconveniece of trading - i was fine with trading channels in d2 back in the days, now we'd be fine with a filterable offer board. Just like list of games but separate - offer and price.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with either of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Totally fine with that.. shut up and play the game...

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Very well said, the shallow, wash, rinse, repeat, grind is content made by lazy uncreative hacks or sad tools of the sociopath known as Bobby Kotick.
    Why are people talking as if ARPGs used to have this deep, complex endgame where you didn't farm but you did really creative, exciting, varied tasks or something?

ARPGs have been about grinding shit over and over to get marginal increases in power over long periods. They've always been that way. Why this weird revisionist history about how D3 somehow stole the endgame from the genre?

There could be a crafting system that lets you salvage materials out of old gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's hope not, Warbands are universally hated on Immortal.
    Well I believe clans work like war bands later. There are buttons to clear out legendary, set items usw.

So I believe you can rent one legendary off your clan. But as of now, there is no legendary trading in clan.

But as I said, you can trade legendary when playing with friends. So maybe it got overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Assuming it's simple as it's been reported, it's ok for people who play single. For people who always play with another person like me this is a bad idea. Not the mention that this can be a first step to introduce "drop pass" to a real money shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Not the mention that this can be a first step to introduce "drop pass" to a real money shop.
    Yes, and if they allow trading it can be a first step to allowing you to buy any gear you like on a real money shop.

RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes, and if they allow trading it can be a first step to allowing you to buy any gear you like on a real money shop.

RIGHT?
    Sure. First step for nuking whole world as well /eyeroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Sure. First step for nuking whole world as well /eyeroll.
    Exactly!

Other people's positions carry within them the possibility of an imminent threat to of all that is good and true.

MY positions are different, though, and any objection to them would be nothing but clownish hyperbole.

I'm glad we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    SOURCE IN THE OP? No trading will be horrible...For fuck sake, hope its fake news.
    No trading is better than the BS they proposed at Blizzcon. Earn your loot.

Trading done right makes the game better, it adds more value to drops (finding the same rare item more than once, finding an ultra rare item early on and being able to deck your character, slowly building wealth towards that 1 big item you want etc.) but it is very hard to do right. All this really shows me is that the Devs aren't willing to put the effort into working out the more complex mechanics and are going for a much simplier, straight forward experience which fits with Blizzards style these days.

D4 will be fun for a week, maybe two. Which is all I expect from a Blizzard title. I don't expect Blizzard to be innovative and try to make an experience worth more time than this.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    What if we just want to share gear between friends?

And you still have to play if you want to find good gear to trade.

Would not be surprised if platinum is literally a rip off of warframes platinum the "premium currency" in a free to play game.

Anyone thinking platinum will be limited to cosmetics is a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bunch of leaked information was released from the friends and family Alpha. Can be found with a simple google search. But I wont post the information here.
    Why not? Its not like you're part of the test nor did you sign an NDA. Trust me, nobody is going to give a shit that you posted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, sure. The beauty of it wasn't all that great, when it felt like AH was the only source of anything good, and felt almost pressured to use it. That was one of the major complaints of the Diablo 3 AH. It felt pointless to farm anything, because anything good never dropped, and as the prices kept going down and down as game matured, people started playing the AH more than the actual game. It was shit.
    lemme just highlight that for you, because i don't know if you're just ignorant to that fact, or are dismissing it because you don't like it, but that was the entire point of the game loot system, it was tiered based on which act you were in, meaning that if you wanted the highest quality gear (baseline) you needed to be doing act 3/4 content, meaning the old keep depths 3 farms etc, it wasn't until if i remember right the 1.6 patch that blizz normalised all loot drops and untied base item level of gear from which act it could drop in, which is when the A1 farms became popular.

the whole thing of the loot system was any item could drop for any class and could roll with (minus a few exceptions on certain legendaries and set items) any stat combinations that existed on the loot in the game, it was because of that extremely wide and variable system that meant if you played a 'solo self found' type of game, your chances of getting anything that you actually wanted were astronomically low, and to get it to roll with stats that were of benefit to you was another layer of RNG that was astronomically low, meaning that if you wanted the best items in the game, with the perfect stats for your build, you either needed to get a back to back lottery win, or rely on the MILLIONS of other players who played the game to list that item they found on the AH and you have the gold to buy it.

but here's the thing, even on inferno MP10 difficulty you could easily build a set of gear that cost 5-10 million gold to farm that difficulty, the more you spent on higher quality pieces and items that had greater synergy together increased your efficiency sure, but that's it, you didn't NEED the tippy top best gear in the game in every slot for every character, i used to build CM wizard sets for MP10 difficulty and gave them away to people, i made basic sets that were 1-2 million gold in cost with items you could actually easily find multiples of from a single farm run, to sets worth 1-2 billion gold (these were rare though due to how long it took me to get that kind of gold back to back while also improving my own characters), which could farm any MP10 inferno content as well as clear Uber bosses in no time flat, so this notion that the AH ruined D3 is false, what ruined it was the RMAH and people bitching because they couldn't get a slice of the pie, because as mentioned, how ridiculously bad the loot quality was on average, getting an item worth selling, then getting an item worth selling for real money was levels above what most casual players were ever gonna see, and as such they cried the loudest to get the thing removed and so, it was removed, while i don't care about the RMAH being gone, the outright removal of the gold AH was stupid, if they were that concerned about loot trading they could have just made it impossible to list legendary/set items on the AH, like they had done with some items in the game, because now i'm swimming in trillions upon trillions of gold, with almost full BiS for a few of my characters and the only thing i want to do is reforge legendary/set items in the cube to get primal items in the few slots i'm still missing to be 'perfect', but i can't do that because i lack enough resources to be able to facilitate that, and you can bet your ass i ain't wasting my time farming days on end just to be able to reforge a handful of times at the cube, when if the AH still existed i could buy the crafting materials i need with the trillions of gold i have that has literally no use for anything and could play how i want to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    No trading is better than the BS they proposed at Blizzcon. Earn your loot.
    or i can just pay so no life rift farming russian kids to boost me through speed rifts and get any and all loot i want for no effort whatsoever, totally 'earned' amiright?

If trading is allowed, then the game is designed with that in mind. That means you get loot you do not need for yourself because you are expected to trade it and that there are gear pieces that are extraordinarily rare since they are meant to be bartered. It absolutely affects players who do not wish to trade. The extent it affects them depends on how the devs approach it. It could be light and it could be minor. It could also be like D3

- - - Updated - - -

See, the itemization in D3 very much felt intentional. You counter scarcity through trading which makes them money.
    I'm sure it was intentional. And if they intentionally choose to not make the itemization so exploity, than good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I don't really know what to say to most of this, I agree. With trading itself not being too fun, and the gameplay loop having to be fun to make grinding okay, it's all fair.
    Which is why I also don't really trade myself (even though I feel like you're painting to be trading sliiightly more complicated/malicious than it really is, with your 3-point breakdown...)

I just don't feel that PoE, for example, is based at all around trading.

And even you haven't really given an example as to why you think it would be.
    You're just saying that you find D3 fun and PoE not fun, so you play D3 and enjoy grinding in D3. Me and the people in my circle of friends find the opposite.
    I am getting what I want through normal gameplay alone. (Maybe sometimes the game gives me something and that makes me want something other than what I've wanted before, but that's fine by me.)
    If you're talking about absolute chase items, I don't think a T1-rarity unique in PoE is noticably rarer than something like a primal ancient piece of equipment that's actually part of your build, or something like the weapon you're supposed to be using. Some are rarer for sure, as there are outliers in PoE, but they're also pretty gamebreaking and game-changing, not just the same item you've been using but with bigger numbers.

Anyway, it's neither here nor there. My point still is that yes, trading kinda sucks, I don't do it myself, but I don't see how it being in the game makes the game worse.
    Making all (or 95% of the) drops tailored to your character is the only argument I see, but that's also just something that some people prefer, while others dislike. It's not objectively better or worse than drops being random.

15+ Year Old Account
    *remembers how he made €160 in one week in Diablo 3 when real money auction house still existed*

Guys, what about...

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything that makes diablo "diablo" is effectively dead. This is just Diablo 3.5.....
    This was obvious from the first presentations. I can't understand how anyone would expect anything else. There is no interest in creating an actual deep arpg. All they want is a new client to squeeze cash from D3 players and from the look of this thread they still have their base that likes that retarded design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Everything that made Diablo "diablo" revolved solely around not getting the drops you want and relying on other people dropping items on the ground?

Everything?

They should remove items completely since for the D3 players only smashing mobs matters.