Holy mother of...

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/...J0S8OwInO-Epmg

So in his post above, Paul is trying to tie this to Julian Assange. Umm, the article is from fff.org(?). While independent media is fine, no idea who they are.

What timing this happens to be tweeted out when a certain someone is accused of espionage.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Holy mother of...

So in his post above, Paul is trying to tie this to Julian Assange. Umm, the article is from fff.org(?). While independent media is fine, no idea who they are.

What timing this happens to be tweeted out when a certain someone is accused of espionage.
    Ahh yes, potential sharing TS/SCI or other Classified documents is against the first amendment. /s

On other news, a former Trump attorney is stating that this is against his 4th amendment right against unreasonable search and seizure. The following is a video of said clip from Fox News.

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-raid-trum...114815178.html

Holy mother of...

Knowing what I know about America, and seeing an organisation with 'Freedom' in the name. I will just assume there is nothing 'independent' about it. Just yet another far right yal'qaeda 'think tank'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

These cultists would probably be ready to burn the whole constitution if it appeased the orange clown.
    It's like a competition of who has the brownest tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    These cultists would probably be ready to burn the whole constitution if it appeased the orange clown.
    It's like a competition of who has the brownest tongue.
    I'd say attempting in insurrection is basically burning down the constitution.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

DOJ subpoenaed Mar-a-Lago surveillance footage from a 60-day period, including views from outside the storage room. The footage showed that, after one instance in which officials were in contact with Trump's team, boxes were moved in and out of the room.

So this is common sense criminal procedure. It has been pretty much confirmed that the DOJ contacted Trump before the subpoena, giving him time to move or destroy the documents. Why it's actually hard to get any criminal but white collar criminals in particular. They get a heads up and can destroy documents and get much more latitude in these possible crimes.

Edit: Joke going around is to check Ivana's casket in New Jersey. 10 people carrying a casket in which she was cremated(?) is suspicious.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Edit: Joke going around is to check Ivana's casket in New Jersey. 10 people carrying a casket in which she was cremated(?) is suspicious.
    tRump's enough of a sleazeball for that to be believable.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2144865.html

We are here -

[ ] There were no documents at Mar-a-Lago

[ ] If there were documents at Mar-a-Lago, they were planted by the FBI

[ ] Ok, there were documents, but they don't matter, nothing classified

[ ] But Obama has documents too!

[X] Ok there were documents and we would like them back now, please

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2144865.html

We are here -

[ ] There were no documents at Mar-a-Lago

[ ] If there were documents at Mar-a-Lago, they were planted by the FBI

[ ] Ok, there were documents, but they don't matter, nothing classified

[ ] But Obama has documents too!

[X] Ok there were documents and we would like them back now, please
    Nah, we're here:

[X] Ridiculous orange pizza face is being investigated for espionage.

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/14/ran...age-act-repeal

Rand Paul, while consistently having incredibly terrible hot-takes, has an especially bad one.

He wants to repeal the Espionage Act. Wonder if something happened recently related to it, or something?

Rand Paul, while consistently having incredibly terrible hot-takes, has an especially bad one.

He wants to repeal the Espionage Act. Wonder if something happened recently related to it, or something?
    At this point, I hope for Putin to die and end up having a mountain of dirt on them to explain this and it all get released at his death.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Nah, we're here:

[X] Ridiculous orange pizza face is being investigated for espionage.
    Those two stages aren't mutually exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw that, too. Just unbelievable. They live in their own fantasy world.

On a dire note, we are looking at the possible takeover by the GQP of the Senate and White House in 2024, while retaining the House. In my humble opinion, if that happens, McConnell immediately removes the filibuster, and insanity will ensue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    At this point, I hope for Putin to die and end up having a mountain of dirt on them to explain this and it all get released at his death.
    I actually hope he does have a dead-man's switch on his blackmail files and they get released to the public upon his demise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Fox News reports there might have been Attorney Client privileged documents so Trump wants them back.
    1) FOX News did not cite their source. Trump is, therefore, accepting an anonymous source. That's hypocrisy. Because it is an anonymous source, Trump and therefore Trump supporters must ignore the FOX News article. Any Trump supporter who cites FOX News will therefore be handwaved.
    2) Thing Trump says on social media do not matter. Trump is within his rights to extend a request in court, like any other defendant.

Like I suggested yesterday, I do not believe privilege really works here. WH documents aren't supposed to leave the WH. If they're privileged, you'd think that'd be doubly true. If they were between his non-WH lawyer and Trump, that could be privileged, yes, but I don't think any such thing would be top secret or higher, and therfore irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Thing Trump says on social media do not matter.
    This is, ultimately, the takeaway.

I really couldn't care less what Fox news says or conservative talking heads say or Trump says or any of that. We know they--especially Trump-- will say anything they want, no matter how odiously untrue it is. So what they say is, ultimately, meaningless. This is a purely legal matter.

I only care about legal proceedings on the matter. The rest is just noise; Trump will make any and all excuses available to him. Any strictly verbal condemnations handed down by democrats or independent bodies will not matter worth a damn for Trump's followers.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Fox News reports there might have been Attorney Client privileged documents so Trump wants them back. Too bad, so sad. Maybe they should wait 2 years to give them back to him and when he asks, state they have already been sent back but really are in a basement. He does this all on TS and not in a court of law which is usually required for this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...107809f7d332ee
    That's not how the attorney client privilege works in this situation. Trump is wrong on several accounts, even aside from his outright lies.

The Warrant was specific to certain classified documents. Attorney client privilege does not apply to classified documents. Those categories are separate, but not necessarily mutually exclusive.

When seizing illegally obtained classified documents, the FBI will go for more and not less, and separate them out later, legally, according to either DoJ guidelines or an independent special magistrate. Trump is VERY familiar with this system and process.

Finally, and separately, it doesn't matter if the FBI obtained classified documents. They executed a proper warrant, and that's the fundamental guiding rule here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumors are starting to form that the rat was...Kushner.

Publicly declared by Cohen and Mary Trump, it's based on (a) only a close friend or family member would know about the safe (b) Kushner got $2 billion from the Saudis and the feds have done nothing (c) Kushner has been attempting to out-maneuver the wounded, ineffective Trump for years (d) Ivanka and Kushner fled DC for Florida almost immediately after the murderous insurrection and have been making plans to break out of the family every second since.

It's an excellent suggestion by Cohen.

"You think it's true?"

Eh, maybe? But Cohen probably thinks Trump might think it's true. He's been trolling Trump for a while, this is just twisting the knife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Rumors are starting to form that the rat was...Kushner.

Publicly declared by Cohen and Mary Trump, it's based on (a) only a close friend or family member would know about the safe (b) Kushner got $2 billion from the Saudis and the feds have done nothing (c) Kushner has been attempting to out-maneuver the wounded, ineffective Trump for years (d) Ivanka and Kushner fled DC for Florida almost immediately after the murderous insurrection and have been making plans to break out of the family every second since.

It's an excellent suggestion by Cohen.

"You think it's true?"

Eh, maybe? But Cohen probably thinks Trump might think it's true. He's been trolling Trump for a while, this is just twisting the knife.
    Didn't Ivanka also flip on Trump during the Jan. 6th committee hearing?

Jared and Ivanka may or may not flipped, but it's certainly something Trump is currently agonizing over to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Jared and Ivanka may or may not flipped, but it's certainly something Trump is currently agonizing over to be sure.
    The very shining example of irony, Trump finally got Ivanka to fuck him.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Didn't Ivanka also flip on Trump during the Jan. 6th committee hearing?
    Not by any sane accounting, no.

She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!)
    But Trump clearly thought so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    When seizing illegally obtained classified documents, the FBI will go for more and not less, and separate them out later, legally
    It is possible that some privileged documents were stored with the top secret documents Trump stole and taken at the same time. So even if Trump is telling the truth, which would be a first, it changes nothing about his case. He took things he wasn't supposed to, he refused to return them, and lied about having them. Whether or not a parking ticket was in the mix isn't important. His excuse is useless and probably false.

Incidentally, Adam Schiff's interview has been making the rounds.
    1) "A former president has no declassification authority."
    2) There is no evidence Trump declassified them while he had the chance.
    3) The DOJ seizing Perry's phone points towards their belief that the Fake Election plot was a crime.

If #3 is correct, the fact that the Jan 6th panel has a lot of texts and emails could really turn around on Trump.

Full transcript here.

I was going to cite FOX News to get some more CNN points for later...so I will.

Devin Nunes was on FOX News and just fell apart.

And they went into the grand jury looking at the president for treason as if he’s, And look, if that was the case, if he really was holding these these these documents, these so-called classified documents and documents, we even heard, you know, leaks of nuclear secrets that the president was holding. Well, that’s preposterous. And if that was true, you should have sent, they should have immediately sent and made this public and sent FBI agents around Mar-a-Lago if the nuclear secrets were really there.
    They did. Oh, I see. Nunes was suggesting the FBI been sent to Trump's house sooner. Yeah, looking at his colleagues and their responses, I don't think he should be saying that.

So so once again, this is a continued investigation of Trump and the Republican Party. It’s basically an investigation in search of a crime. And then conveniently, they brought back the Mueller witch hunt argument that ‘Oh, my God, he’s he’s obstructing justice'. Obstructing justice on what? You jerks! Stuff that you had you had planted on an investigation that you basically created out of whole cloth. And I think that’s what we’re dealing with. The American people need to pay attention to it
    Yep, he's going with "it was planted". You know, after Trump said it was fine that he took it and he was planning on returning it and it was privileged.

Nunes is the shining example of Trump's rabid fanbase: throwing wild, baseless, factless accusations around while defending a damn-near proven criminal. Because he'd rather seem insane than admit he made a mistake.