Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about real-world history and other unrelated aspects, it's about the marriage of Lor'themar and Thalyssra. Let's get back on topic and stop with these derailing tangent discussions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

For being over 10,000 years old, Thalyssra has such a beautiful singing voice :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzYd...hannel=LydE277

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about real-world history and other unrelated aspects, it's about the marriage of Lor'themar and Thalyssra. Let's get back on topic and stop with these derailing tangent discussions.
    I believe the source for this constant derailment is the source of just 1 poster.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2022-08-15 at 08:49 PM.

That is sooo cringe. Who wrote these dialogues? Why thousand+ year old beings talk like that? Why so rushed? Why...

Ugh. WoW romances were never really engaging, I guess the only relationship that was cool to me was that love triangle in Zangarmarsh because it was hilarious, but all these serious romances were never really good in my opinion. And this is great example why WoW romances suck. Cheesy lines that makes your stomach twist.
    No subtlety, no growth, no real talk, and no situation where we can actually witness how things are blooming.

But here we are, big rush, big empty words, shallow pairing. Kinda like Thrall and Aggra.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, ths is probably the Happy Event that will get a short story soon.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Whelp, ths is probably the Happy Event that will get a short story soon.
    Yeah!!!! I'm glad they're doing short stories again we didn't have any in shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    That is sooo cringe. Who wrote these dialogues? Why thousand+ year old beings talk like that? Why so rushed? Why...

Ugh. WoW romances were never really engaging, I guess the only relationship that was cool to me was that love triangle in Zangarmarsh because it was hilarious, but all these serious romances were never really good in my opinion. And this is great example why WoW romances suck. Cheesy lines that makes your stomach twist.
    No subtlety, no growth, no real talk, and no situation where we can actually witness how things are blooming.

But here we are, big rush, big empty words, shallow pairing. Kinda like Thrall and Aggra.
    You almost feel sorry for the writers, because they clearly have no first hand experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I just say enjoy the happiness while it lasts, five gold coins say that Lor'themar gets assassinated by somebody posing as the Alliance or an actual member of the Alliance. This sets Thalyssra off and she joins up with Princess Tal'anji and Magatha Grimtotem to start the Sixth War. Whoops, Blizz said they were done with the faction war? Well turns out that was a lie, and it is all that they know. Horde getting villain batted, Alliance flailing about like an inflatable tube man in response. Raid every Horde city and waits for the next expansion where we pretend nothing happened and all battles ended in stalemates. But hey look at this, you finally get High elves pale white night elf skins and skeletons. And ogres Kul'tiran male skeletons for male and female ogres.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

This should have been Kael'thas and Elisande. It makes absoloutley no sense that the blood elves and Nightborne accept Thalyssra and Bob as their leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    I just say enjoy the happiness while it lasts, five gold coins say that Lor'themar gets assassinated by somebody posing as the Alliance or an actual member of the Alliance. This sets Thalyssra off and she joins up with Princess Tal'anji and Magatha Grimtotem to start the Sixth War. Whoops, Blizz said they were done with the faction war? Well turns out that was a lie, and it is all that they know. Horde getting villain batted, Alliance flailing about like an inflatable tube man in response. Raid every Horde city and waits for the next expansion where we pretend nothing happened and all battles ended in stalemates. But hey look at this, you finally get High elves pale white night elf skins and skeletons. And ogres Kul'tiran male skeletons for male and female ogres.
    I would totally support Magatha replacing Baine. Nobody likes Baine.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    This should have been Kael'thas and Elisande. It makes absoloutley no sense that the blood elves and Nightborne accept Thalyssra and Bob as their leaders.
    Imagine Kael’thas marrying Elisande. That would be so funny, considering the fact that they could be both in the Shadowlands. Balance on both sides. Ahaha!

It makes absoloutley no sense that the blood elves and Nightborne accept Thalyssra and Bob as their leaders.
    There's the tiny detail that both Kael'thas and Elisande sold their people out to the Burning Legion.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

- - - Updated - - -

I would totally support Magatha replacing Baine. Nobody likes Baine.
    kaelthas was another simp of human potential

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    kaelthas was another simp of human potential
    No he wasn't. Read his parts in the Arthas novel. After the Scourge sacked his kingdom he started to hate the entire human race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    The weirdest concept there is that Orgrimmar may actually have an urban development committee of some sort. I can't even imagine what that must be like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The weirdest concept there is that Orgrimmar may actually have an urban development committee of some sort. I can't even imagine what that must be like.
    I think we need for both factions, Faction Capital city. orgimmar and sw for orcs and humans and two new city build with the races together within a council, trade markets, military presence, all races send there best, elf druids, archers and DHs, Dwarfs prot palas, priest, warriors, and tanks maybe with the gnomes etc. Having OG an elf district like trolls and taurens have, for me its cheap. Cheap for this taurens and trolls to, but they are tribal and fit better with the orc architecture.
    WoW is a big world the two faction is big enough to handle new citys, but we didn't get citys for the older races like trolls and gnomes or new city for the night elfs, Undeads or renew Silvermoon and Exodar.

The other thing can u image the metrosexual Theron with high heels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    The other thing can u image the metrosexual Theron with high heels?
    High heels used to be men's fashion back in the days when horse-riding was common, as they helped situate one's boots in the stirrups (in addition to adding to both height and stature). As a ranger who likely does their fair share of hawkstrider riding, I'd bet Lor'themar has some impressive heels.

High heels used to be men's fashion back in the days when horse-riding was common, as they helped situate one's boots in the stirrups (in addition to adding to both height and stature). As a ranger who likely does their fair share of hawkstrider riding, I'd bet Lor'themar has some impressive heels.
    Yeah, but i don't think anyone at the blizzard know half of that thing and for a ranger use a mount not the same as a messenger or a lancer, as a ranger he need a mount for a shorter time and scouting forests and borders mostly on foot, hiding etc is more complicated on heels.

What we call high heels today are not remotely what was worn for riding. They're incredibly impractical even for walking on unpaved surfaces. Heeled boots had very thick sturdy heels, not the thin tapering points in the modern fashionable women's shoes.

Heels like that would also primarily be for cavalry, not scouts/rangers.

As Loreth88 points out, I seriously doubt Blizzard is aware of such details either. They can't even do believable large scale world building, expecting minutiae is unrealistic at best.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2022-08-25 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    What we call high heels today are not remotely what was worn for riding. They're incredibly impractical even for walking on unpaved surfaces. Heeled boots had very thick sturdy heels, not the thin tapering points in the modern fashionable women's shoes.

Heels like that would also primarily be for cavalry, not scouts/rangers.

As Loreth88 points out, I seriously doubt Blizzard is aware of such details either. They can't even do believable large scale world building, expecting minutiae is unrealistic at best.
    What we call high heels today may also not be what Thalyssra is referring to when she talks about Lor'themar's footwear, either. This is an example of ancient Persian heels used for riding:

The Persian fashion was later adopted by European aristocrats, who continued to make them more elaborate and probably less suited to riding and stand as a direct ancestor to the women's fashion we know of today.

As for the writers being aware of that history, maybe and maybe not. It wouldn't surprise me if someone knowledgeable in history had input into the story just a point of random trivia.

You find it likely that someone there knows about ancient Persian footwear? They have more than demonstrated they don't understand agriculture, sanitation, logistics, military history, strategy, tactics, or how to remain consistent to their own setting, all of which have far more impact on the story. Excuse me for thinking it's wildly unlikely they'd know historical fashion.

I'd be much more inclined to put my money on a writer embracing the jokes about BElves being metro.