Poll: Best Dungeons have...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WoD by far, followed by Legion. All downhill afterwards (and slightly before, MoP dungeons downright sucked, all of them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You know it’s funny because I leveled a character of every class to max in WoD, ran all the dungeons…

Couldn’t tell you a thing about it if you put a gun to my head.

…well except some kickass cutscene with Yrel, Blackhabd needing AoE for hunters and boomkins, and I think Ner’zhul was a dungeon boss.

Oh and bonus objectives were super OP for leveling.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Kind of hard to say as mythic plus muddles the water... for expansions with one progression difficulty I would say cata. Felt like the bosses had a lot more unique and varied mechanics over any other expansion.

For mythic plus it is a close call between bfa and legion with bfa edging it out just ever so slightly for me.

As a tank I'll go with Legion. Great variety, tanking was so strong and was quite enjoyable (unless you pushed very high and had to kite all the time). In BfA and after the trash is complex, the routes are very strict and far too many seasonal affixes would complicate routes even further. I'd like the game to be more about tactics during play instead of planning and memorizing routes through videos. . .
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-08-12 at 02:46 PM.

I think I'll lean Cata for the variety of settings, encounters, and difficulty at launch (it felt so good to have to think again after Wrath).
    Followed closely by Legion - it didnt really have any stinkers, also had a good variety of settings (Vault of the Wardens & Halls of Valor are just gorgeous) and then we got maybe the best 5 man ever : Return to Karazhan.

5+ Year Old Account
    TBC, WotLK, BfA & Legion

I mean...You can't exactly pin point one expansion if you care about multiple things.

Like the best dungeon for what? or do you mean in general? cause if you mean in general the only people who can name one expansion are the "Nostalgia" sheep who will prob just say TBC.

In terms of Variety? TBC, it was the expansion that released with the most Dungeons.

In terms of Story? WOTLK, the way the lich king was in multiple dungeons actually made it feel like you were up against a villain taunting you the entire way til the end.

In terms of fun? MOP, was also the first expansion where they introduced Challenge modes which made it even more fun.

In terms of Challenge? Legion, the dngs weren't obscene or obnoxious. I never felt like something was hard just for the sake of spitting on players. It was just a genuine challenge and very enjoyable.

In terms of appearance/graphics? Cata, my least fav expansion but the dngs were very nicely done in the appearance department. We got to fight underwater...we got to fight in the clouds...we got to finally fight inside Grim batol and see where the orcs imprisoned Alexstraza, I liked the egyptian feel of Halls of origination,

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    In terms of Variety? TBC, it was the expansion that released with the most Dungeons.
    TBC had the most dungeons but they were the same three corridors done 3-4 times . . . I would not call that variety.

Cataclysm had a huge variety of dungeons and most of them were really great. The Uldum dungeons still remain a highlight. Classic for nostalgia. Sure, many of them looked similar and were not very innovative, but the amount of dungeons was just fantastic. Uldaman, BRD, Wailing Caverns, BSF, Zul Farrak - so many great memories.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-08-15 at 08:25 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

MoP, while surely the best expansion in many categories, it was by far the worst dungeons-wise, followed by TBC and SL.

I'd say Legion on the other hand had the best dungeons. Wotlk, Cata, Wod and BfA are roughly the same imo.
    IMO BfA's dungeons were also really cool, I think that many people just hate them because of M+ (applies partially to Legion as well and ofc SL).

It's hard to compare Classic dungeons IMO as they were just too different than what the expansions offered and how the game even played back then. But overall I really had a lot of fun doing them in Classic and they were just so unique. Dungeons like BFD, Dire Maul, Stratholme etc. with all their quests and quirks will just never be a thing again.

TBC, you actually had to think about pulls and group set-ups. Not mindless AOE-ing constantly. You had to progress trough the dungeons with quests, gather key fragments to enter raid X.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    TBC had the most dungeons but they were the same three corridors done 3-4 times . . . I would not call that variety.
    Yeah absolutely. TBC was by far the laziest expansion in terms of dungeons. Adding to that, even when they did something unique with them (Caverns of Time dungeons), they sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ksehsatoo View Post
    TBC, you actually had to think about pulls and group set-ups. Not mindless AOE-ing constantly.
    The fact that you "had" to think about group set ups was one of the worst things in TBC. 99% it was either about inviting a shaman or getting casters so you could mindlessly AOE the most (the irony).

Yes it's true that you needed to sometimes prio kill mobs in packs over others, kick etc, but this is also true for every dungeon (even moreso) since WoD mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    MoP, while surely the best expansion in many categories, it was by far the worst dungeons-wise, followed by TBC and SL.
    I've often thought, what could be done about MoP so that it had more dungeons? I guess some of the dungeon concepts became scenarios?

Classic dungeons really felt like dungeon, but it's a bit outdated in our current format and m+, so it has to be Legion. Halls, Warden, nighthold dungeon, kara and even maw all had their beauty, and of course it felt good having a classes with tons of power.

Compare that to most SL dungeons, which are so dogshit I dont even have words, although some are ok. BFA had waycrest and mechagon, which I loved till the very end, and never tired of it. I never cared much about lore, but it does set its mark upon the dungeons we get. I'm so tired of everything SL and sylvanas.

nothing beats the massive non linear vanilla dungeons.

My heart bounces between Classic and Legion, but Classic wins because their dungeons were not straight line corridors and you did not have invisible walls everywhere

Classic had the best Dungeons. they actually felt like dungeons and not just a system of hallways.
    Wrath had some really good ones, Cata and MoP too. But, none had the same feeling and scope as the Classic dungeons.

BRD is the best dungeon Blizz has done and will ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    BRD is the best dungeon Blizz has done and will ever do.
    BRD is very much a D&D dungeon. You could release it as an adventure for any edition and it would work. Same with the LBRS&UBRS combo, original Strat, Scholo, Marauden, Dire Maul, Sunken Temple.

Yeah vanilla for sure.

Its a shame Maraudon wasn't higher level. So much of it was ignored and never seen.

BRD is still the single best dungeon I think Blizzard has ever made, especially the first half.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Cata hands down. It separated the wheat from the chaff pre nerf. Everyone couldnt just facetank mechanics like they do now.