Thread: More proof...

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

More "proof" ..

Of the "varx" prophecy.

As I've been saying since SL beta, murozond will be the final boss of DF.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/side-qu...-future-328234

He'll end the expansion by summoning Yrel and the light bound from AU draenor to set the stage for 11.0 in karesh, light vs void.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-15 at 02:49 PM.

I think last boss of DF is a bit of a stretch but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him again. When we defeated Murozond in End Time didn't he say that it was possible for Nozdomru to become corrupted again?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All these clues could also be red herrings...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I think last boss of DF is a bit of a stretch but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him again. When we defeated Murozond in End Time didn't he say that it was possible for Nozdomru to become corrupted again?
    Not just possible, but inevitable. Besides, Murozonds defeat took place in an alternate timeline, where Deathwing and the Old Gods had won, which we prevented. The only way, we can prevent Nozdormu turning into Murozond, would be to kill him before his transformation/corruption.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2022-08-15 at 06:38 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Of the "varx" prophecy.

He'll end the expansion by summoning Yrel and the light bound from AU draenor to set the stage for 11.0 in karesh, light vs void.
    Eh, this questline just mirrors the actions we know will happen through the lore, and just makes another repeat for us to take heed. I'm not pushing the idea away, I am still hoping for Moruzond to be the end villain, and not Galakrond who holds no actual end goal other than devouring everything, so even if Galakrond was brought back, there would be something behind him, making sure it happens, so he'll never be the final boss.

And I doubt Moruzond is going to bring Yrel here, I know they'll come here but it won't be by his hand, nor on K'aresh, as we won't be able to survive there anyways. K'aresh is flagged like Argus but instead of being in the same condition, it was also bathed in shadow and arcane magic to the point where it was vaporizing the original people, and they had to be bound to cloths/straps to keep intact as their "protection" wasn't secure against all the magic, leaving the remaining of the planet a wasteland for all but Ethereals.

In the Light Vs. Void aspect, I hope to see a Light expansion first, creating a split in the three beliefs of the light, as Yrel is 100% not on the same page as the others, nor are they going to be accepted by Yrel without converting, then see it cause problems for a whole expansion, or a half, and then slowly slide in the Void as a creature of destruction ready to feast on a whole already in turmoil due to Yrel, leaving us having to unite in handling the void, and the light while binding alliances with members of the void and the light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah, he just mentioned that Moruzond will always become corrupted, and what we do just postpones it but also weakens the option of it being at full power.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I really dislike this whole idea of us alternating between down to earth and cosmic themed expansions...

This really feels like a BfA situation yet again. We knew N'zoth would be the final boss, but Blizzard thought they were super secretive about it. This feels almost identical to that situation in that they won't tell us who the final boss is, but it's already so obvious that there won't be a surprise in the end.

I'd be surprised if it's not Murozond at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I assume Murozond will make an appearance, but I'd rather hope they will do a big bad with a nice buildup, such as how they did Wrath of the Lich King!

Uldaman, thaldraszus main quest line, thaldrqszus side quest all point towards murozond coming back.

On top of that, yet minor detail, is that chromie got an update. Wouldnt be surprised if she became the next leader of the bronze flight after Nozzy/Muro kicks the bucket.

Remember, Ion said we'd know who the final boss is by the end of the 10.0 story.

Plus just think of the boss roster in a Muro raid. Besides obligatory infinite dragon bosses or elemental time anomaly monsters, we can have various AU Hearthstone characters, like the Knights of the Frozen throne or Lightlord Ragnaros

Of the "varx" prophecy.

While i do not disagree that Murozond is a likely contender for DF (end-)boss i have to note that you do not seem to grasp what "proof" means.

If anything this is a hint that Murozond will be involved (as we already knew from the infinites' involvement elsewhere) but nothing to really indicate in what capacity.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

god i hope chromie gets a different voice actress, the current one is like nails on chalkboard.

not a fan of losing old valuable characters like nozd, especially when the current writing team is incapable of developing new/any characters.

Uldaman, thaldraszus main quest line, thaldrqszus side quest all point towards murozond coming back.

On top of that, yet minor detail, is that chromie got an update. Wouldnt be surprised if she became the next leader of the bronze flight after Nozzy/Muro kicks the bucket.

Remember, Ion said we'd know who the final boss is by the end of the 10.0 story.

Plus just think of the boss roster in a Muro raid. Besides obligatory infinite dragon bosses or elemental time anomaly monsters, we can have various AU Hearthstone characters, like the Knights of the Frozen throne or Lightlord Ragnaros
    Wait, lightlord Ragnaros!?
    LIVE, INSECTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This really feels like a BfA situation yet again. We knew N'zoth would be the final boss, but Blizzard thought they were super secretive about it. This feels almost identical to that situation in that they won't tell us who the final boss is, but it's already so obvious that there won't be a surprise in the end.

I'd be surprised if it's not Murozond at this point.
    That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It's like Lord of the Rings. We knew Frodo was going to throw the Ring into Mount Doom. The mystery was in the journey and what was going to happen between now and then.

Also there have been times when the player base has been too smart or suspicious for their own good. Where we had a theory of how something was going to go, but then some of us scoffed and went "that's too obvious they'd never do it that way"... and then they did it that way.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Wait, lightlord Ragnaros!?
    LIVE, INSECTS!
    Yeah it's a Hearthstone card, check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    While i do not disagree that Murozond is a likely contender for DF (end-)boss i have to note that you do not seem to grasp what "proof" means.

If anything this is a hint that Murozond will be involved (as we already knew from the infinites' involvement elsewhere) but nothing to really indicate in what capacity.
    Na it's him. As the guy above me said. Don't over think it. When it comes to wow the obvious is what usually happens

you should really look up what word "proof" means...
    this is suggesting it at best, and even that not really, as this is not even new info...

Yeah it's a Hearthstone card, check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Na it's him. As the guy above me said. Don't over think it. When it comes to wow the obvious is what usually happens
    I'd love for you to be right, but i see nothing remotely resembling proof here.
    I am not saying it can't or won't be Murozond, but all you are presenting here is evidence Murozond will be involved in some capacity.

It's a bit like if you had gone "Gul'dan will absolutely be the end boss of WoD" back then; sure he was evidently involved, anticipated, teased and more, but he wasn't the end boss, nor even a raid boss at all.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-08-15 at 02:45 PM.

There, put quotes in the title since we have lawyers posting here.

Of the "varx" prophecy.

The Light vs. Void theme won't happen anytime soon. From what I read on this forum, a general consensus would be that people dislike so called cosmic threats and prefer down to earth stories.

Also, world revamp seems to be the most probable outcome for 11.0. With possibly Murozond on board as a main villian, you literally can make justified time-skip.
    Of all the things, WoW needs a reset the most. I believe that constantly updated props and assets and limited content for Dragonflight hints, that a lot of effort could have been re-directed for a total revamp. Refreshed talents, remade professions system and dragonriding in Dragonflight sounds like a testing ground for a bigger changes.

I recently got intrigued by Riot's in-production MMO. League of Legends is a massive commercial success. Valorant is a success. Arcane TV series are an enormous success and the show is great btw. They keep producing good stuff, they have a free to play model incorporated, with cosmetics only as a MTX. Riot has a massive global audience. They go hard with that MMO. Blizzard knows it. If they won't update WoW greatly anytime soon - it's gg for them. And it's pretty safe to speculate, that this MMO could have a great potential. If anything had to kill WoW, it would be another mega-company and Riot has everything to achieve it. You can only so much to keep the dead alive.

Of the "varx" prophecy.

Given the fact that the new expansions are basically rehashes of older expansions:

Legion- TBC 2.0

BfA - (full time filler expansion with worst possible pvp filler story, which we knew would make no sense at the very beginning as the factions will unite against a new common evil anyhow, - lo and behold they did - so it was completely uncalled for as the whole shit was just a plot device to set up sylvanas which should've happened in a single patch instead)

Shadowlands - WotLK - 2.0

Dragonflight -Cataclysm 2.0 + ""MoP 2.0"" - (the devs cited MoP as an inspiration themselves - the reason being "exploration", yeah not like any expansion was about exploration in a way shape or form or anything :P and mostly because Cataclysm got a bad rep over the years [it will still remain my favorite because of worgen and focus on elementals and dragons], but Dragonlifght is basically Cataclysm 2.0 instead of MoP)

So it would make sense for 11.0 to be focused on AU Draenor or Pandaria again.
    But it should focus on AU Draenor, as I didn't like the Asian aesthetic of Pandaria compared to the savage new world of AU Draenor anyhow :P

Also monks and warlocks should be unlocked for all races in a Light vs Void xpack if not earlier, as all assets are already present and the time it takes for Blizz to implement it is the equivalent of flipping on a light switch - just the same as it is with priests, mages and rogues.
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-17 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oKURWAmon View Post
    Given the fact that the new expansions are basically rehashes of older expansions:

Legion- TBC 2.0

BfA - (full time filler expansion with worst possible pvp filler story, which we knew would make no sense at the very beginning as the factions will unite against a new common evil anyhow, - lo and behold they did - so it was completely uncalled for as the whole shit was just a plot device to set up sylvanas which should've happened in a single patch instead)

Shadowlands - WotLK - 2.0

Dragonflight -Cataclysm 2.0 + ""MoP 2.0"" - (the devs cited MoP as an inspiration themselves because Cataclysm got a bad rep over the years [it will still remain my favorite because of worgen and focus on elementals and dragons], but Dragonlifght is basically Cataclysm 2.0 instead of MoP)

So it would make sense for 11.0 to be focused on AU Draenor or Pandaria again.
    But it should focus on AU Draenor, as I didn't like the Asian aesthetic of Pandaria compared to the savage new world of AU Draenor anyhow :P

Also monks and warlocks should be unlocked for all classes in a Light vs Void xpack if not earlier, as all assets are already present and the time it takes for Blizz to implement it is the equivalent of flipping on a light switch - just the same as it is with priests, mages and rogues.
    Bfa was the mop rehash. Faction conflict with the horde warchief being a baddie. Then horde and ally coming together at the end.

So yeah you're right which means df is cata 2.0 while 11.0 would be wod 2.0 with yrel being brought back by muro.

Df is only like mop with lighthearted exploration. But we're basically dealing with the same elemental and dragon theme that cata did.