Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WotLK Classic - 1 Free Boost?

do u guys know if any version of it will have a free lvl 70 boost?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    do u guys know if any version of it will have a free lvl 70 boost?

thanks
    They'll probably have another "dark portal pass" like thing before launch, probably in the next week or so. You'll find out when we all do.

You’ll more than likely have to pay for it just like tbc. And it’s probably going to be a 68 boost but that’s just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    You’ll more than likely have to pay for it just like tbc. And it’s probably going to be a 68 boost but that’s just a guess.
    I think they said its a 70 Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I think they said its a 70 Boost.
    I believe it, I haven’t really looked into it so I was just guessing off of what they did last time. Sounds cool!

They could just open this BS up I don't have time to level characters and Id gladly have paid $60.00 each for boosts if it had been unlimited. As of now I have to have 2 accounts to have 2 max level characters and waiting and hoping they allow character faction transfers so I can play my Warlock. If you are going to have a paid boost, just let them be purchased as many as anyone wants.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    They could just open this BS up I don't have time to level characters and Id gladly have paid $60.00 each for boosts if it had been unlimited. As of now I have to have 2 accounts to have 2 max level characters and waiting and hoping they allow character faction transfers so I can play my Warlock. If you are going to have a paid boost, just let them be purchased as many as anyone wants.
    "I don't really like one of the key parts of most rgps and indeed pretty much all mmorpgs. I want to be able to hop on and play at a competitive level on any character I like without the 2/3 days investment levelling it. I refuse to play any of the countless other genres of games that don't have this requirement. In short pls fix rpg's to meet my specific time needs."
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    "I don't really like one of the key parts of most rgps and indeed pretty much all mmorpgs. I want to be able to hop on and play at a competitive level on any character I like without the 2/3 days investment levelling it. I refuse to play any of the countless other genres of games that don't have this requirement. In short pls fix rpg's to meet my specific time needs."
    thats like saying leveling your league of legends account to 30 is a key part of the game. it might be for a tiny amount of people, but for most, its not. just a chore to get done with as quickly as possible.

I can't be arsed to level up either, it takes absolutely ages and I don't have the time for it. I have always been against the boosts, but if not for the boost my current Classic main wouldn't exist, because my original main was trapped on a PVE server and I got recruited to a guild on a PvP realm, I literally wouldn't have joined them if I had to level again, and probably wouldn't have played TBC as much.

There is being against the ideas of boosts and there is the reality of life, and the reality of life wins.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    There is being against the ideas of boosts and there is the reality of life, and the reality of life wins.
    Plus, this isn't a time machine to 2008. It's Wrath on a high-grade emulator because people want to play in Northrend and 80 endgame. Messing around in lower levels for ages is a stretch of what this release is meant to be - and that's aside the fact leveling had already become a lonely slog back then.

One boost per phase, XP buff for 100-200%? Both are reasonable. This whole thing is coming down before too long. No need for posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    I believe it, I haven’t really looked into it so I was just guessing off of what they did last time. Sounds cool!
    Here is the link on wowhead

https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/news/l...classic-326760
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I can't be arsed to level up either, it takes absolutely ages and I don't have the time for it. I have always been against the boosts, but if not for the boost my current Classic main wouldn't exist, because my original main was trapped on a PVE server and I got recruited to a guild on a PvP realm, I literally wouldn't have joined them if I had to level again, and probably wouldn't have played TBC as much.

This is exactly where I am at had the boosts not existed I would not be playing WOW at all. Retail just does not do it for me and hasn't since MOP. I want to play TBC and WOTLK the best experiences in wow I ever had. I loved raiding in TBCC and would not be playing had they not allowed a boost. I damn near got a 3rd account to get another character leveled. Without LFD tool I will not level anything other than my DK main this xpac and my 2 character boosts Ill get on my 2 accounts. If they allow boosts just allow them all already, hell they would make millions more off the decision and the servers would be more populated longer. I tried to level with the 50% boost and it just isn't enough It needs to be the 2X or 200% whatever they want to call it like they did in beginning of Covid you could level 1-120 in about 5-6 hours dungeon spamming.

Well if they are going to keep releasing expansions like this I guess its cool but it just seems more of a cash grab if their just re running the entire series...

Quote Originally Posted by Empire Of Sight View Post
    Well if they are going to keep releasing expansions like this I guess its cool but it just seems more of a cash grab if their just re running the entire series...
    It... seems VERY possible. Cash grab - probably. At the same time though, if there's a market for it and they're willing to put time into "fixing stuff" as we go through again... eh, they'd be silly not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a character boost (68 or 70) and surely they'll include some sort of transmog set or mount. I'm thinking the mount will be something along the lines of; a shovel tusk or yeti or arachnid...some beast found in the wilds of Northrend.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

I'm more concerned over when it is available... I want it to be available at pre-patch... what do you guys think?

this boost stuff really irritates me...i want people to grind with me...if u want boosts and wc on easy mode go back to your coun...i mean to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks2017 View Post
    this boost stuff really irritates me...i want people to grind with me...if u want boosts and wc on easy mode go back to your coun...i mean to retail.
    why would i bother paying some mage or paladin to boost me when i can just get it over with faster?does the player getting boosted by a mage have more leet points on your mind?

pretty sure theres a 70boost and not to mention your first dk on realm will start at 55 so its whatever

I highly doubt there will be boosts on the fresh servers tho dont get your hopes up to trash the economy early

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    why would i bother paying some mage or paladin to boost me when i can just get it over with faster?does the player getting boosted by a mage have more leet points on your mind?
    To support small one-man companies who cannot compete with blizzard.