Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't think one loses their passport when leaving office. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if POTUS has a special one and they lose that, but there's no basis for legally confiscating Trump's passport to-date. USSS can technically override POTUS requests for travel, but more often than not their job is to figure it out and make it work.
    Well, from what Trump was saying today, they took all of them in the raid. Not that I believe him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Well, from what Trump was saying today, they took all of them in the raid. Not that I believe him at all.
    He said 3 apparently, which includes an expired one. I didn't see any reference to them in the warrant released and I'd actually be pretty surprised if they were taken unless there's more serious shit we don't know about.

Was simply commenting that I don't believe a POTUS has to give up their passport when leaving office, and rejecting the notion that there would have been any probable cause at the time Trump left office to confiscate/cancel his passports.

If Trump was officially being investigated and they took his passports to stop him from fleeing the country I assume we would have heard about it more.
    Could be they were simply being stored with the material the warrant was for and they got taken with the rest, in which case they will be returned to him?

Or more likely, Trump is simply lying. Because his lips are moving.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    "THE MACHINES AREN'T SECURE!"

"How do you know?"

"Because we hired people to intentionally break in and copy them."

"...isn't that illegal? And aren't they not connected to the internet anyways, so gaining remote access during elections isn't realistic?"

"THE MACHINCES AREN'T SECURE!"

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...e/10331395002/

Kari Lake embraced her inner trailer trash on Sunday as she extolled the, um, virtues of her political heroes, both old and new.

Lake, during a Turning Point Action rally with Ron DeSantis, captivated the crowd with her high-minded appreciation of the Florida governor’s attributes.

“The guy has bigger ... Wait, let me think about how I want to word this. My staff always says, ‘Whatever you do, do not say balls.’ So I'm not going to say it. That guy has a backbone made of steel.

“I’ll tell you what he’s got. I don’t know if you’d heard of this. He’s got ‘BDE.’ Anybody know what that means? Ask your kids about it later.”

“I call it ‘Big DeSantis Energy.’ Right? He’s got the same kind of BDE that President Trump has. And, frankly, he’s got the same kind of BDE that we want all of our elected leaders to have.”
    The Republican nominee for the AZ Governor's seat, totally not talking about the gigantic cock and balls she believes Ron DeSantis has. Just not explicitly, of course. Well sort of explicitly, but mostly implicitly. Lots of talk about BDE and now, she does not mean Big Dick Energy (yes, actually she does), she means "Big DeSantis Energy". Which is similar to what Trump has, apparently.

Weird that anti-sex religious conservatives seem to spend a lot of time thinking about sex and vaginas and dicks and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/15/polit...vit/index.html

Predictably, the DoJ doesn't want the affidavit for the warrant to go public, at least not without heavy redactions.

What with the whole ongoing investigation (and related investigations, possibly) they don't want to compromise that. I say give members of Congress on oversight a look, maybe, but swap in a different signature on each one. That way if "someone" leaks it, we'll have a darned good idea of the source.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of taken back by how taking away a former president's passport isnt bigger. Presidents and former presidents traditionally have a layer of immunity so taking away his passport is unprecedented.

I love it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, every time you think they've reached peak projection it's actually just where they've temporarily paused so they can build the scaffolding even higher.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...12185754238978

Vote 1, 2, 3 times, whatever! And here I keep thinking that "voter fraud" is a serious thing.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202208150059

Well, at least Trump's base is ensuring that prisons will be filled even if there's criminal justice reform.

I particularly like that Gab was apparently "censoring" him by warning him about his posts possibly being against the law. I don't think he needs a ban from Gab though, as he's now in federal custody and likely doesn't have access to a computer/phone to continue posting.
    A Mercer County man threatened to murder FBI agents last week after the bureau's search of Donald Trump's Florida estate, saying "come and get me you piece of [expletive] feds" and "I am going to [expletive] slaughter you," according to a federal complaint filed Monday in Pittsburgh.

"My only goal is to kill more of them before I drop," he wrote on Thursday. "I will not spend one second of my life in their custody."
    I guess he failed at that mess. Because of the PATRIOT act, this guy could easily spend 20+ years in federal prison. Kinda funny in a very disturbing way that it is a daily occurrence that if you are an FBI agent, you are guaranteed death threats.

After an emergency request for information, Gab provided subscriber data for "Adam Campbell," which the FBI said is an alias that Bies said he used "so that corporate Murica' can't google me out of a job."
    I guess he forgot that you can only hide your identity so much online no matter the service you will use. They should look at how the FBI and other government agencies break into TOR networks and gain identities of the individuals there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm kind of taken back by how taking away a former president's passport isnt bigger. Presidents and former presidents traditionally have a layer of immunity so taking away his passport is unprecedented.

I love it.
    They probably had to make it smaller for his tiny hands. Because according to rumors, he has t-rex sized hands for the size of his body.

be good if it ends with trump living in the Ecuadorian embassy for 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Pretty sure they would kick him out after 1 day. Hearing nothing but him complaining about stolen elections, witch hunts and other nonsense bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I guess he forgot that you can only hide your identity so much online no matter the service you will use. They should look at how the FBI and other government agencies break into TOR networks and gain identities of the individuals there.

It's got this kinda energy to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    At least they won't have to worry about him not cleaning up after his cat. Though they may have to worry about him not cleaning up after his adult children. Or himself. Or anyone.

I guess he forgot that you can only hide your identity so much online no matter the service you will use. They should look at how the FBI and other government agencies break into TOR networks and gain identities of the individuals there..
    I mean, it works for what he said. Using an alias to hide yourself from your boss or co-workers works fine.
    It however becomes a problem when you get in trouble with the law who simply ask the relevant service, who happily turns over all your info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing that you can tell these people that their little conservative spaces on the internet are nothing but honeypots that intelligence agencies practically train new employees with...they still sign up for them with their full names, pictures, put all their bullshit out in the open, then cry when they find out they incriminated themselves.

Apparently they weren't punished hard enough for Jan 6 because they learned nothing. I can't tell you how many videos/clips I've seen of chuds threatening violence against the government as if the government can't see what they are posting.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Apparently they weren't punished hard enough for Jan 6 because they learned nothing.
    This is why I continue to lament that the overwhelming majority of folks basically got community service and an official warning. Feds need to roll hard on some of these fucks to start sending messages, because we're continuing to see the kinds of threats and actual violence from these types what with the recent attack on the FBI in Ohio and the ongoing social media rhetoric.

And the rhetoric coming from Republican lawmakers and members of conservative media, especially the former. They're treading in very dangerous waters.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...les-the-right/

Republicans are having a helluva time squaring their pro-law-enforcement position with the attacks on the FBI. Here's a wonderful example from Dan Crenshaw, who continues to try to frame himself as a more "reasonable and moderate" conservative Republican -

Republicans have sought to differentiate between Biden appointees and rank-and-file FBI agents when raising concerns about potential politicization of the department.

I won’t smear the FBI, like the career FBI agents,” Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas) said Friday. “But the political appointees running this stuff are very worrisome.
    A fair point! Support for the folks who aren't political but skepticism of political appointees. Who's the current Director of the FBI and who was he appointed by?

FBI Director Christopher Wray was appointed by Trump in 2017.
    Oh...well...uh...that's awkward.

The FBI investigating actual crimes, crimes that the suspect isn't even denying anymore, does not make them political.

/sigh

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...x-case-report/

The Trump Organization’s chief financial officer is coming close to reaching a plea deal in a case investigating whether he funneled off-the-books income to himself and other executives at the company, but the potential deal reportedly does not bring prosecutors any closer to their main target: former President Trump.

The New York Times reported Monday, citing two people with knowledge, that Allen Weisselberg and his lawyers met with a judge and that a hearing is scheduled on Thursday in the case, pointing to a possible agreement being reached by then.

A potential deal might mean Weisselberg faces a far shorter sentence of five months in prison, a person familiar with the matter told the Times.

A spokesman for Vance’s office did not immediately return a request for comment from The Hill.

Prosecutors had hoped that Weisselberg would eventually testify against Trump himself but ultimately refused, despite the potential deal being reached.

Last June, criminal indictments were filed against Weisselberg and the Trump Organization related to charges that the company avoided paying taxes on fringe benefits such as cars, apartments and other bonuses they received through the company.
    Why does everyone around Trump keep breaking the law?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    While I completely agree, it's pretty darn obvious why he wants that done now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

I love it.
    Probably because it's been actually confirmed that he's full of shit. Which means via that tweet Trump just told on himself that he has an extra passport somewhere lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Probably because it's been actually confirmed that he's full of shit. Which means via that tweet Trump just told on himself that he has an extra passport somewhere lol
    https://twitter.com/TayFromCA/status...22600311910400

lol, Trumpsters running with this screenshot of an apparent email as if the source, the coms director for the Save America and Donald J. Trump campaign, is a legit source.

Because we all know screenshots with some blacked out text are all super duper legit and there's no way they could ever, EVER, be photoshopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Funny, didn't seem to bother him in relation to Manning or Snowden.

https://www.economicpolicyjournal.co...verdict-i.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they would kick him out after 1 day. Hearing nothing but him complaining about stolen elections, witch hunts and other nonsense bitching.
    "For a bunch of Mexicans, your taco bowls suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.