Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So what if not all 31 of those points went to Class talents. What if we had a racial tree as well. Instead of just getting racials, we could get racial abilities. You could use it to flesh out class fantasy more. Perhaps have one third of the class tree points instead give you a racial talent point instead of a class one. Make it full utility. Use it so you can better balance the racials.
    Blizz wants race to be a cosmetic onlu choice, and have been stripping down racials for that reason. Making racial talent tree and making races matter more would go against that philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Blizz wants race to be a cosmetic onlu choice, and have been stripping down racials for that reason. Making racial talent tree and making races matter more would go against that philosophy.
    Have they? Racials are not as strong as they were in MoP when they created the mess we have today but they are still useful, especially when it comes to utility.

5+ Year Old Account
    NeW bUiLd ToDaY?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    NeW bUiLd ToDaY?
    I mean let's hope but you are way too early for it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    NeW bUiLd ToDaY?
    Ask again in 8-9 hours.

Formerly known as Arafal

Has this been discussed here yet?

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post

Oh where is that juicy leak from? It does match most things we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh where is that juicy leak from? It does match most things we know.
    Just saw it on reddit. No context.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking about Dracthyr's Soar. Why can't they have ability detect which zone you are in and set the speed based on that?
    That way, if you are in the Dragon Isles, it will detect the speed should match Dragon Riding; and if you aren't in the Dragon Isles, it sets it to the lower speed that they nerfed it to? That way we all win (kinda); Dractthyr get to match Dragon Riding in Dragon Isles, and have nerfed-yet-higher-than-Epic-Flying everywhere else but the CD offsets that speed advantage.

Surely they have some sort of technology to do this, right? Like, you have Pathfinding in BFA for example, but don't have it in SL; so the game detects that you can fly in BFA zones, but not SL. Should be a similar set up, right?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post

Seems completely believable to me, I always thought they'd follow the DF launch time very similarly with SL. 3 months to go!
    Last edited by Thoreya; 2022-08-16 at 11:26 AM.

If DF is in 3 months then no reason to think Beta isn't coming next week or the week after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I've been thinking about Dracthyr's Soar. Why can't they have ability detect which zone you are in and set the speed based on that?
    That way, if you are in the Dragon Isles, it will detect the speed should match Dragon Riding; and if you aren't in the Dragon Isles, it sets it to the lower speed that they nerfed it to? That way we all win (kinda); Dractthyr get to match Dragon Riding in Dragon Isles, and have nerfed-yet-higher-than-Epic-Flying everywhere else but the CD offsets that speed advantage.

Surely they have some sort of technology to do this, right? Like, you have Pathfinding in BFA for example, but don't have it in SL; so the game detects that you can fly in BFA zones, but not SL. Should be a similar set up, right?
    The "tech" is a single while or if function.

They don't wanna do it because they want people to use the drake mounts.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope launch on 28th wouldn't mean only 1 week of no season, I like this period when you gear through Mythic 0. Imo in that case they could just launch Mythic on same week that Normal and Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I hope launch on 28th wouldn't mean only 1 week of no season, I like this period when you gear through Mythic 0. Imo in that case they could just launch Mythic on same week that Normal and Heroic.
    pretty sure each exp had 1/2 weeks of no seasons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The "tech" is a single while or if function.

They don't wanna do it because they want people to use the drake mounts.
    But there is no CD on Dragon Riding, while there is a CD on Soaring.
    So if a Dracthyr finishes doing something before the CD finishes, they will have to mount up on Dragon Riding to effectively get anywhere, right?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

So if a Dracthyr finishes doing something before the CD finishes, they will have to mount up on Dragon Riding to effectively get anywhere, right?
    Isnt the soar CD only outside Dragon Ilses or am I mistaken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course, but we are talking about a company that used pet battles and old raids as a justification for reducing Soars max speed.

They clearly just don't like the idea of Soar being a viable Drake alternative.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    pretty sure each exp had 1/2 weeks of no seasons
    Used to be 3 in WoD/Legion/BfA, in SL down to 2 (not sure it's because date was so pushed or by design). Point is, Mythic raid must launch on or before 13th December, I don't think Blizzard want to be Grinch for mythic raiders. Also I don't think they would do 4+ weeks without raid, especially since DF has no mandatory grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If DF is in 3 months then no reason to think Beta isn't coming next week or the week after.
    there is no reason to think otherwise regardless. We were told the Alpha will have 6 phases, we are at phase 5 and should be entering phase 6 today. All zones have been made available which is the point when previous Alphas transitioned to beta. I expect we will get monk and every zone open simultaneously today and beta in the week after together with DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreya View Post
    Seems completely believable to me, I always thought they'd follow the DF launch time very similarly with SL. 3 months to go!
    But, wait. Blizzard has said pre-patch would be 2 weeks...this makes it a little over a month.....I dunno.