Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He was also on Fox And Friends, I dunno if it was this morning or not, but he was basically claiming just like Trump, that the FBI possibly planted evidence to implicate Trump. I hope Booker beats him in Kentucky, but I don't think it will happen.

So uhhhh Tulsi Gabbard filled in for Tucker Carlson on his show now...mask ALL the way off.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    So uhhhh Tulsi Gabbard filled in for Tucker Carlson on his show now...mask ALL the way off.
    Remind me, who was the supposedly "woke centrist" around here who was simping for Tulsi during the 2020 election?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So...was that Ingraham backing away from Trump?
    Well fuck, you called it. Just saw that she did just that earlier today....

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...page-on-trump/

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Remind me, who was the supposedly "woke centrist" around here who was simping for Tulsi during the 2020 election?
    whole lotta centrists turning out to be Right Wing allies nowadays. I'd say it's a funny coincidence if it wasn't so glaringly fucking obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Funny, didn't seem to bother him in relation to Manning or Snowden.

https://www.economicpolicyjournal.co...verdict-i.html
    Rand Paul is obviously saying Trump is guilty as sin and this is the only way to save the Fuhrer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I could have sworn it was reported that she no longer believes her dad won the election in 2020, but maybe I'm mixing something up.
    You're not. Like I said, by any sane accounting, Ivanka didn't "flip". She said on video revealed June 9 that she accepted there was no electrion fraud. Accepting the results of the fair, legal election isn't "flipping". It's telling the truth and accepting objective facts as reality.

Which is why June 10 Trump attacked her in public.

Trump says Ivanka Trump doesn't understand elections after she disowned his claim that the 2020 vote was stolen

Ivanka Trump was not involved in looking at, or studying, Election results. She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!).
    In other news:

1) Graham must testify in Georgia. He tried to get a federal judge to block the subpoena, and the judge did no such thing.

Individuals on the calls have publicly suggested that Senator Graham was not simply engaged in legislative factfinding but was instead suggesting or implying that Georgia election officials change their processes or otherwise potentially alter the state's results
    He testifies next week.

2) Trump is now claiming that social media post of his is a legal request. FOX News told him the FBI took non-top-secret items and that post on CyberTrump 2077 is his official request to get them back. No, that's not how it works. No, it's never how it worked.

3) Trump warns that "terrible things" will happen if his illegal stolen documents aren't returned to his house where they don't belong. I mean, why not? Inciting people to commit violence for him has worked before. Oh, he didn't get results, but he did get violence.

4) An interview with Rep. Turner did not go well for Rep. Turner. Despite defending Trump illegally stealing top-secret documents, when asked point-blank if he would, he said "No".

- - - Updated - - -

Weaselberg to plead guilty.

A senior executive at Donald J. Trump’s family business who was charged with participating in a yearslong tax scheme is nearing a deal with Manhattan prosecutors but will not cooperate with a broader investigation into Mr. Trump, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.

If it becomes final, a plea deal for the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, would bring prosecutors no closer to indicting the former president but would nonetheless brand one of his most trusted lieutenants a felon.

On Monday, Mr. Weisselberg’s lawyers and prosecutors met with the judge overseeing the case, according to a court database. The judge scheduled a hearing for Thursday, a possible indication that a deal has been reached and a plea could be entered then.
    There are 75 good reasons Weaselberg would plead out: his age. The charges he was facing and, well, his blatant guilt, means he was very likely looking at an assured 15-year sentence. After the trial had concluded, which could be another couple years. Simply put, this was his only chance.

The NYTimes' sources suggest, however, that Weaselberg will not flip on Trump. I'm a little disappointed that NYState would accept his plea deal without testimony, to be honest. But then, I suppose it's possible they don't need one. Plus, this will be yet another convicted felon working for Trump. And the fact that he plead guilty is itself evidence. Not only could Trump Org. have these now admitted illegal payments used against them, once you have one felon on your payroll the jury tends to view you unfavorably.

Yet another loss for Team Trump. But hey, at least Weaselberg didn't take the Fifth. I hear only mafia bosses do that. 440 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm kind of taken back by how taking away a former president's passport isnt bigger.
    Because Trump lied. Two of the passports were expired and the third was his diplomatic passport. And they were returned yesterday.

The FBI was following the rules: grabbing anything of potential involvement and returning that which didn't fit. Trump is trying to distract people from the "I had illegal documents" issue with literally anything else. Even yesterday, he was warning the FBI that they had to tone it down, because the American people would not tolerate another scam...while he himself conducts one.

Trump wants to stall, Trump wants to misdirect. But the FBI has objective proof of his guilt in their hands and won't be deflected as easily as the rabid fanbase.

And the NYTimes reports that Trump didn't even have a good reason to keep the documents.

According to two people with knowledge of the situation, Mr. Trump and his chief of staff, Mark Meadows, the man who oversaw presidential records in the chaotic closing days of the administration, failed to organize an effort to collect, box and deliver materials to the National Archives — as prior presidents, and Mr. Trump’s own vice president, Mike Pence, did.

Instead, they often focused on settling political grievances and personal grudges, they said.

In the weeks leading up to Mr. Trump’s departure from the White House, officials discussed what to do about material that he had at various points taken up to the residence and that needed to be properly stored and returned.

By then, the staff secretary, Derek Lyons, known for trying to keep systems in place, had left the administration. Mr. Meadows said he would address such issues, according to a senior administration official.

As Mr. Trump sought to hold on to power, two of Mr. Pence’s senior aides — Marc Short, his chief of staff, and Greg Jacob, his counsel — indexed and boxed all of his government papers, according to three former officials with knowledge of the work.

Mr. Jacob spent the bulk of his final few days in government preparing the final boxes, with the goal of ensuring that Mr. Pence left office without a single paper that did not belong to him, one of the officials said.
    Trump was just so caught up in being a petty, jealous fuck. Pence, who had recently survived an attempt on his life, complied just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

The next big move is likely the affadavit hearing. Team Trump want the details of what led to probable cause; the DoJ are saying "no, there's confidential witnesses in that shit".

If disclosed, the affidavit would serve as a roadmap to the government’s ongoing investigation, providing specific details about its direction and likely course, in a manner that is highly likely to compromise future investigative steps
    I get the idea of forcing a release of that in general, I really do. If a warrant is given for petty reasons, or no reasons at all, it can and should be challenged. However, in this case, I don't know that it'll work. It seems a little silly to argue if the warrant had probable cause, when the FBI left with 11 boxes of SCI Trump stole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    [ ] There were no documents at Mar-a-Lago

[ ] If there were documents at Mar-a-Lago, they were planted by the FBI

[ ] Ok, there were documents, but they don't matter, nothing classified

[ ] But Obama has documents too!

[ ] Ok there were documents and we would like them back now, please
    [X] Obviously they're going to indict him, the whole thing was rigged.

That's courtesy of Tucker Carlson, desperately trying to rodeo clown the Trump cult who watches that even Trump being arrested isn't bad news. In fact, it's the best bestiest best news! Trump will have the best arrest ever!

Carlson is following Trump's path, making Trump seem like a martyr while stoking the flames of a murderous insurrection by claiming the FBI is part of Biden's partisan power grab task force that will arrest you, too. I mean...if you stole government documents, yeah, they probably should.

Carlson also added another option to the above list:

[X] Okay they were classified, but were they, like, classified classified?

In 2011, to name one of many examples, the CIA finally declassified a trove of documents from the First World War. These documents dated back to 1917, almost a hundred years before.

One of these documents, the most ultra-secret of them, contained a recipe for disappearing ink. Now, why would Federal bureaucrats spend an entire century hiding an outdated recipe for ink that you can buy legally in any magic store for your fifth grader? Good question. No one asked it.
    First of all, cherry-picking at its finest.

Second of all, would it matter either way? If the label says "classified" you don't take it. Pretty cut and dry, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You're not.

--snip--

Pretty cut and dry, there.
    Say Breccia, is there any reason you keep editing the same post and adding stuff instead of just making a new post? When I click "show me first new post" it takes me to the top of this post, and then I have to scrooooooooooooooooooooll to see the latest edit.

https://abovethelaw.com/2022/08/jona...nuclear-codes/

The latest defense for Trump?

This is a fairly common conflict between former Presidents and the archives. Material is taken all the time that the archives says that needs to be brought back. Even furniture has been taken from the White House that did not belong to former Presidents
    "But Obama took a couch once."

I think the difference is, the other president were like "oh my bad, here it is" instead of "we gave it all back! Theres no way we have boxes of documents in the basement!"

I have no idea how people can say Trump is cooperating when its been a year and a half and the FBI had to get a search warrant to get the documents back.

After he asked for it all back literally 2 days ago? Even Fox News is saying he is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think the difference is, the other president were like "oh my bad, here it is" instead of "we gave it all back! Theres no way we have boxes of documents in the basement!"

I have no idea how people can say Trump is cooperating when its been a year and a half and the FBI had to get a search warrant to get the documents back.
    Yeah, usually doesn't require a subpoena...and then a subsequent raid. Usually just a polite, "Hey, did you take this on accident?" followed by a, "Oh heavens be, I guess we did! Sincere apologies for the mistake, here's everything missing and please do let us know if you need anything else."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    It's a feature not a bug. If you post a new message and you were the last poster, it tacks it onto the end of your previous post.

Unless Breccia is editing his post, which in that case, SHAME!
    This. There is no edit tag at the end, so they're all just chain new posts.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    This. There is no edit tag at the end, so they're all just chain new posts.
    ah, good to know!

10+ Year Old Account

As the name of the article notes… yeah, if trump had taken a chair I don’t think anyone would care.

I mean, we’d have assumed he took it to sell to get a few bucks in his pocket, but a chair is a lot different from “unsecured classified nuclear documents.”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Wait, were the top secret nuclear documents under the couch cushion?

https://uproxx.com/viral/mike-lindel...ffee-mycoffee/

Related, but Mike Lindell of "MyPillow" and "We have the cyber" fame has a new business venture, as I suppose the pillows aren't paying his legal bills anymore.

Now he's selling "MyCoffee", though big mistake in missing out on "MyCovfefe". He's got an uphill battle as there are already a few "conservative coffee brands" (man that's just a weird thing to type) and he's a newer entrant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Wait, were the top secret nuclear documents under the couch cushion?
    The FBI stole the millions he "owns" that were hidden in the couch cushions.
    Sadly, Don's dignity, integrity, and morals were unaccounted for. Although a receipt from November 22, 1963 was found.
    "1 badly abused blackened soul for ruining that stuck up bitches dress."
    Signed in sharpie of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting that the FBI seized Trump's passports (and have since returned them). Makes me wonder what kind of document grab they had to do. And issuing a warrant on a property guarded by the Secret Service must have been awkward.

I'm loving Trump's litany of lies and excuses, and he's already run the train on the Conservative excuse decision chain (as someone noted above).

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    There has been some discussion in the public that these were nuclear codes, which wasn't the case. The nuke codes change every 12 hours, so any that Trump had have been invalid since the day of Biden's inauguration. It's more concerning if as expected it was more nuclear secrets/tech info and what he planned to do with it. It was extremely top secret stuff, that I'm sure Trump wouldn't ever possibly consider selling to the highest bidder... There's really only 2 reasons he would have stolen them, either to sell them (99% likely), or maybe it was a continuation of his failed 1/6 coup and he was crazy enough to think they'd somehow help him with reattempting that. That is the far less likely scenario. More likely, the self-proclaimed master deal maker saw an opportunity for the biggest deal of all to sell out a country and couldn't pass it up. He's made Richard Nixon, Aldrich Ames, and Benedict Arnold look like jaywalkers.