Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drench View Post
    Just look at TLOU 2. That was some game of thrones last season quality writing. "Good girl kill dog. Bad girl kill dog. Now story is deep. Rinse and repeat with 6 more topics. Not to mention how unrealistic the pandering made the game.
    TLOU2 is better written than the first game which is straight copy pasted the road narrative, with the amazing twist of the cowboy white guy having to mass murder an entire building to save his fake replacement daughter, instead of the road situation where the dad just dies. Of course I wouldn't expect someone being mad at TLOU2 narrative for featuring female protags to even know what a novel is let alone read one so you probably had no idea about this. A lot of TLOU2 is cleaning up the messy ass narrative and message of the first game, there is a reason Neil brought in another actual writer to help fix his shit he knew was an issue. Abby/Lev is basically retelling the Joel/Ellie story in a proper way without it just being some cowboy power fantasy that the first game is.

TLOU2 situation exactly highlights how the "loud internet gamers" crying about things being "woke" don't know shit about actually writing a story. These where the same type of idiots decades earlier mad about the MGS2 swerve claiming it was "worst game evvvvvvvar" when it actually went down in history as one of the best games ever. Funny how that works out. Reactionary "alpha male" gamers when they lose their unstoppable cowboy rambo character "NOOOOOOO U CANT ITS BAD WRITING".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-08-16 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    TLOU2 is better written than the first game which is straight copy pasted the road narrative, with the amazing twist of the cowboy white guy having to mass murder an entire building to save his fake replacement daughter, instead of the road situation where the dad just dies. Of course I wouldn't expect someone being mad at TLOU2 narrative for featuring female protags to even know what a novel is let alone read one so you probably had no idea about this. A lot of TLOU2 is cleaning up the messy ass narrative and message of the first game, there is a reason Neil brought in another actual writer to help fix his shit he knew was an issue. Abby/Lev is basically retelling the Joel/Ellie story in a proper way without it just being some cowboy power fantasy that the first game is.

TLOU2 situation exactly highlights how the "loud internet gamers" crying about things being "woke" don't know shit about actually writing a story. These where the same type of idiots decades earlier mad about the MGS2 swerve claiming it was "worst game evvvvvvvar" when it actually went down in history as one of the best games ever. Funny how that works out. Reactionary "alpha male" gamers when they lose their unstoppable cowboy rambo character "NOOOOOOO U CANT ITS BAD WRITING".

Don't care about joel and MGS2 was a great game. Not as good as 3 because it was more fun of a theme. But the only issue was raiden is not as cool as snake. Of course people were mad. You switched to a dude who is super feminine and had no experience. Not many want to a be a gray haired baby face vs a raspy grizzled war vet.

That said TLOU2 story is absolutely bad. It uses like middle school level writing to drive points and paint the story. You think because it breaks the norm it becomes good? Has nothing to do with it. You can have damn good fantasy story that is generic.

Just a note the stuff you listed is like the base level twitter complaints. Look up actual reviews of the story and see why its shit.
    Also I don't like the writing of the first game either. TLOU isn't a series for good writing at all.

TLOU2 is like comparing the wheel of time by amazon to the book.

A good example of great character writing recently is better call saul. I don't think a room full of naughty dog writers could make a single character that come close to an off character in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    You could have made it less obvious that you are an incel shitlord. So now, having female lead in a game is forcing, it also automatically will have bad writing? And the game will be shit?
    Yes most of the time having a female lead, gay black yadda yadda makes it bad. Because instead of writing real characters they pander to what they think people want.

Absolutely. That's not just a white guy thing. Plenty of black people mad about it. Gay people are sick of getting wrote in the same old tropes. It's pandering and we can't a ounce of quality writing for diverse characters.
    Last edited by Drench; 2022-08-17 at 06:46 AM.

Yes most of the time having a female lead, gay black yadda yadda makes it bad. Because instead of writing real characters they pander to what they think people want.
    I wonder how they decided to have a female lead.
    Maybe they all sat together and brainstormed what the next GTA lead should be, piched a lot of ideas with people of all colors and genders and in the end the story of one woman was so good that they decided to go with that
    OR
    The first thing they decided was that the lead has to be a woman and then thought of what they can do with her?

Oh you are not just an incel, but racist and homophobic, huh. And no, crying about "pandering" won't change the fact that you associate women, black people and gays with bad.
    Last edited by Nask; 2022-08-17 at 07:55 AM.

Absolutely. That's not just a white guy thing. Plenty of black people mad about it. Gay people are sick of getting wrote in the same old tropes. It's pandering and we can't a ounce of quality writing for diverse characters.
    Hm... i'm sure GTA and Walking Dead season 1 with their black leads were hated by everyone. No one likes Metroid or Horizon Zero Dawn because the protagonist is female and games like Mass Effect, FallOut, Hades or FF7 Remake definitely only got rated high because they push some gay agenda with some characters...
    You couldn't be any less obviously hating on everything that isn't a straight white male in a video game when claiming a female protagonist is forcing woke shit or whatever, despite it having been a thing since literally the NES days.
    The bad thing is not having a black, gay, woman or something. It's a BAD WRITTEN black, gay, woman or whatever. But that's true for EVERYTHING. A badly written male is equally shit, it's just that no one targets it specifically "this straight white male character is written badly, has to be woke agenda" or wahtever.
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2022-08-17 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this thread. We got two lines in a article that have caused pages and pages of speculation.

One thing that stood out to me, that I feel is being missed here, is the comment that this is a Bonny and Clyde story.

"The game will feature a playable female protagonist for the first time, according to people familiar with the matter. The woman is Latina and will be one of a pair of leading characters in a story influenced by the bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde."

I assume this means we will have two protagonists. Much like how GTA5 had 3 protagonists.

The way it sounds to me, is there will be times you play as the woman, and times where you play as the man. Best of both worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

I could not possibly count the amount of men who play as female characters when given the option to create your own character in a game. MMOs are full of men with female avatars. Single player games as well.

So long as the story/gameplay is good, the gender of the lead is pretty irrelevant.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Hell internet gamers were attacking TLOU 2 even before the whole "OMG TRANS CHARACTER!" leak where everyone thought Abby was Trans. Less than a year earlier they had the E3 presentation where Ellie kissed and danced with Dina and the same internet fans went beserk then too because somehow they forgot Ellie, a character who in TLOU part 1 called men's bodies gross, and the expansion centred around Ellie going more into her personality.

From that moment the internet fanbase was going to do everything to trash the game. Drukman said something nice about Anita? "Worst crime ever in gaming REEEEEEEEEE." Abby in the leak is trans? "Woke bullshit reeeeeeeeeeee" (turns out she wasn't)

I'm not getting good vibes from the playable characters this time. GTA protagonists have always been people you root for despite their violent tendencies, but I've never cared for the Bonnie & Clyde shtick. As charming an actor as Tim Roth is I'd have preferred for Jules and Vincent to just blow his and Honey Bunny's brains out in Pulp Fiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then...

This is very interesting. The video alone looks to be either (A) a VERY convincing GTA5 Mod, or (B) Legit. If Take Two DMCA's it... then we have our answer.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Well then...

This is very interesting. The video alone looks to be either (A) a VERY convincing GTA5 Mod, or (B) Legit. If Take Two DMCA's it... then we have our answer.
    Jason Schreier confirmed with his sources that its legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Jason Schreier confirmed with his sources that its legit.
    Who?

/10ch

#TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks really good for an alpha. What's the suspected release date, 2024?

Who?

/10ch
    A journalist who covers games and game development, he seemingly have a ton of insiders in the video games industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then...

It got taken down by Take Two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viconia View Post
    I'm not getting good vibes from the playable characters this time. GTA protagonists have always been people you root for despite their violent tendencies, but I've never cared for the Bonnie & Clyde shtick. As charming an actor as Tim Roth is I'd have preferred for Jules and Vincent to just blow his and Honey Bunny's brains out in Pulp Fiction.
    Uh did you play the GTA 3 era games?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    A journalist who covers games and game development, he seemingly have a ton of insiders in the video games industry.
    Got it, never heard of them before now.

Anyways, the Diner scene video I've seen is still up on YouTube

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Uh did you play the GTA 3 era games?
    Yes, what about them? Claude aside I think Tommy and CJ were legit, if the latter's gangsta stuff resonated with me less. Actually, yeah, even the silent, blank slate Claude served a good crime fantasy for us to experience; mafia's gunman in a New York setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see a Tommy Vercetti cameo. He'd be around 73 years old if the game takes place (and releases) in 2024. Seeing an ailing crime boss that controlled all of the city back in the 80's in present times with how things have changed in those 30-40 years would be cool.

Speaking of cameos, is it confirmed that CJ and Niko are dead? If not... throw them in too.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Would love to see a Tommy Vercetti cameo. He'd be around 73 years old if the game takes place (and releases) in 2024. Seeing an ailing crime boss that controlled all of the city back in the 80's in present times with how things have changed in those 30-40 years would be cool.

Speaking of cameos, is it confirmed that CJ and Niko are dead? If not... throw them in too.
    I might be talking out of my ass, but I've understood GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are non-canon with the newer titles. GTA5 had Grove Street as a location, but it was different and there was nothing going on there, so I took it as mere homage. We might see something similar for Tommy's venues in GTA6, but no more than that.

Nico and the rest are a possibility, though, since Johnny was in GTA5. Another possible character is the one from Chinatown Wars, as the game's Liberty City was the same as GTA4's, suggesting canon.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I might be talking out of my ass, but I've understood GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are non-canon with the newer titles. GTA5 had Grove Street as a location, but it was different and there was nothing going on there, so I took it as mere homage. We might see something similar for Tommy's venues in GTA6, but no more than that.

Nico and the rest are a possibility, though, since Johnny was in GTA5. Another possible character is the one from Chinatown Wars, as the game's Liberty City was the same as GTA4's, suggesting canon.
    San Andreas is set in the 90s and GTAV set in the 10s. You wouldn't see anything happening in Grove Street.