10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The same goes for WoD honestly.
    Yep. I still love garrisons... in concept. It's the execution that was problematic. Yet, they tossed out the baby with the bathwater.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Yep. I still love garrisons... in concept. It's the execution that was problematic. Yet, they tossed out the baby with the bathwater.
    Not really, considering mission tables and followers remained for next 3 expansions. And with how much Blizz had to convince people that it wont be such a free source of loot and gold again, no wonder they ditched Garrisons.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-17 at 05:53 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

In the build tonight, a few classes are being given a few new animations

Warrior, Warlock, Demon Hunter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post

Kay buddy.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

If that is legit about animations, watch DH get something like Soar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not really, considering mission tables and followers remained for next 3 expansions. And with how much Blizz had to convince people that it wont be such a free source of loot and gold again, no wonder they ditched Garrisons.
    Fine. They threw out the baby and kept the bathwater.

Towelliee said it

7+ Year Old Account
    Towelliee said it
    Prrrrrraised be our Lord and Saviour.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-17 at 06:13 PM.

I wish they did this for all of them. There's many spells that were updated in legion and some in bfa I think, but with the shuffling of spells back and forth, we end up with kits that have really cool, updated visuals, mixed in with old looking spells. Hopefully these talent trees will help future proof this issue a bit.
    I've been playing my shadowpriest, and I love the effects for mind blast, shadow word pain, vampiric touch, void eruption, void bolt. But then you have stuff like devouring plague, mind sear, shadow mend, that don't really look up to par with the rest.

If it's true, I'm happy for warriors. warlocks and demonhunters!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what they can do for DH in terms of new animations. As a main DH, I don't see anything feeling outdated. Maybe we're getting new spells ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I truly hope so!
    If they want to add solo challenges, they know that players will expect these with the Brawler's guild
    It won't. IT will suggest 3 players, but will be soloable for most just as the last version in WoD was. THey don't put required grouping in leveling anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It won't. IT will suggest 3 players, but will be soloable for most just as the last version in WoD was. THey don't put required grouping in leveling anymore.
    Pretty sure you will have to group up for first month or so, when everyone has low gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I forgot it even existed after Cata because I don't remember having to group up for anything after that. I actually don't remember it being anywhere but WoD and under much easier, non grouping circumstances, post Cata. I hope this one is like the TBC/Wrath/Cata days.
    How about no? There is plenty to group for. DO it like WoD where the suggest it, but is still soloable for most.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure you will have to group up for first month when everyone has low gear.
    IF they do it like WoD, you will not. I have soloed everything that suggested a group since at least WoD. They don't put group required quests in leveling unless it is a dungeon quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    They''ll probably put an elite world quest for it anyway.

Formerly known as Arafal

Only thing I can really think of is maybe changing the abilities in the talent trees that are the covenant spells, make them non-Shadowlands-y.

Which personally I think would be a pity as there's some nice animations in there.

7+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard Responds to Initial Release Date Feedback"

Blizzard: "We'll announce something at some point"

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Only thing I can really think of is maybe changing the abilities in the talent trees that are the covenant spells, make them non-Shadowlands-y.

Which personally I think would be a pity as there's some nice animations in there.
    I don't think they will, it makes sense from a lore standpoint that we still retain some of the powers from the past and so many players are already used to the visual effects and names, it'd just cause confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I don't think they will, it makes sense from a lore standpoint that we still retain some of the powers from the past and so many players are already used to the visual effects and names, it'd just cause confusion.
    Hm, I dunno. They've done it before - see some of the artifact abilities that became baseline/talents.

And some people seem unhappy at the idea of the covenant aesthetic coming with us. Hell, there's at least one person on this forum, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    The spells suiting the visuals of the classes is more important than someone taking a day or two to get used to the new look.