I'm going to at least start watching season 2. whether I will finish it, will depend on how the first 2-3 episodes are, but I will still give it a chance. personaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    That is heavily RJ's writing style. Its one of the reasons book fans are so critical of the show. RJ literally spelled out EVERY SCENE to the point where if you want to you can determine what everyone is wearing and what everything looks like to the nth degree. Some people get annoyed at that, but it is very much so his style.

The slowness of some of the books is made up for by the sheer horror and violence of parts of the story. It takes longer to get through the story, but it will make you care for the characters so much more than most other books. Without the descriptive nature of RJ, I think how the story unfolds for Rand would make it so hard to truly empathize with him.... instead you'll probably cry on the mountain with him.

I did
    Yup half the books is basically stage and costume and description but they still somehow fucked up basically everything

All this discussion is doing is make me want to read through the books again (and I don't have that kind of time!) Definitely does not make want to see the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    All this discussion is doing is make me want to read through the books again (and I don't have that kind of time!) Definitely does not make want to see the series.
    audiobooks
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Halfway through the Great Hunt right now.

The only thing I want to see in S2 is how badly they screw up the casting for Lanfear/Selene. There is no way they have a pale, raven-haired beautiful young woman who would make your mouth run dry and turn every eye in any room. Especially with the way she treats Rand.... Not that I'll watch S2, but I'm sure I'll hear about it from one youtube video or another.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I just looked it up, they got a 35 year busted looking woman cast as Lanfear..... I can't even....

Last edited by Gumble; 2022-08-17 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    audiobooks
    I listened to the part of the series on audiobook while on a long road trip and then playing games. I still prefer reading with my eyes, but freeing up your eyes, hands, and 10% of your brain gives you just enough flexibility to play a Hunter or maybe a Warlock while reading. Pretty sweet!

audiobooks while working

15+ Year Old Account
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I just looked it up, they got a 35 year busted looking woman cast as Lanfear..... I can't even....
    Now you are just being hateful for the sake of it. If you don't like the show that is fine but there is no reason to be insulting a persons appearance just because you are looking for things to hate. Just move on from the show and surround yourself with something you actually enjoy.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-08-18 at 02:22 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nHsyrnokC7M/maxresdefault.jpg
    Man some of y'all are truly rancid ain't ya.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-08-18 at 02:07 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

audiobooks
    as someone who has been going through the books in this exact way.... it is still a lot of time. and like you have to actualy focus to listen to these books, even though they seem so meandering at times, such leisurely pace at the same time, all of those sentences still convey important information so I found that I can only listen to them when I'm doing something generally mindless. its been..... very long going..... (and yes I'm listening to original recording and for the life of me I cannot understand what was even the point of having female and male narrator when you are just going to have them read different chapters and not split the character voices between them instead)

edited to add.. I'm trying so very hard to see what the fuck is wrong with Natasha o'keefe and nope, not seeing it, I think she is gorgeous (kinda reminds me a bit of Carry Ann Moss), but you know... anything for the hatred right?

it feels like Yennefer dejavu all over again.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-08-18 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Man some of y'all are truly rancid ain't ya.
    The word you're looking for was "Honest"

I know that is a word that is tough for you all, but facts > feelings

audiobooks
    Audiobooks take more time than reading the physical book. The only "good" audiobooks are for is for listening to books in the background while doing something else, which lowers retention of the story. It is strictly an inferior way of consuming a book.

This is my TED Talk on the evil of modernity vis a vis audiobooks, thanks for attending.

7+ Year Old Account
    The word you're looking for was "Honest"

I know that is a word that is tough for you all, but facts > feelings
    lol, You must be really disappointed in your self then given that all you have is your feelings.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    edited to add.. I'm trying so very hard to see what the fuck is wrong with Natasha o'keefe and nope, not seeing it, I think she is gorgeous (kinda reminds me a bit of Carry Ann Moss), but you know... anything for the hatred right?
    Maybe in the new Matrix movie, but she was never THAT good a looking actres in the first place. Lanfear is supposed to be THE best looking woman any man has ever seen.

There is being nice to someone and just flat out lying.

These could have worked, but lord they are going bottom of the barrel.

I personally would go with Jaimie Alexander.... raven hair, gorgeous beyond belief..... stupid MCU should have used her way better.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, You must be really disappointed in your self then given that all you have is your feelings.
    That must have hurt your brain coming up with such a zinger..... wooo boy

7+ Year Old Account
    yes because it only takes the greatest minds to say facts > feelings when they are just going off of there own feelings on casting., lol.

Maybe in the new Matrix movie, but she was never THAT good a looking actres in the first place. Lanfear is supposed to be THE best looking woman any man has ever seen.

There is being nice to someone and just flat out lying.

These could have worked, but lord they are going bottom of the barrel.

I personally would go with Jaimie Alexander.... raven hair, gorgeous beyond belief..... stupid MCU should have used her way better.

- - - Updated - - -

look at you thinking your personal taste = objective truth

meanwhile I happen to think Natasha O'keefe is far better looking then Natalie Dormer, but that's the thing about personal preferences! they vary! (and i also love how you chose a candid shot mid talking and compared it to posed shots... cute

also - this
    yes because it only takes the greatest minds to say facts > feelings when they are just going off of there own feelings on casting., lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    The amusing part is you are basing this on the what you find attractive. Which is entirely subjective. Personally I think the Mrs.O'keeffe looks just as good or better then your suggestions. Did you see her other pictures? Or did you purposefully pick one that makes her look bad to you? As her "headshot" looks different.

We also haven't seen her in makeup for WoT which could drastically change her look.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's trivially easy for a photo to make pretty much ANYONE look bad. Lighting, the situation, makeup, lens angle, etc... You could take a supermodel and have her look like strip mall trash with a bad shot.

Until we see her in the actual show we have no idea what she'll really look like on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's trivially easy for a photo to make pretty much ANYONE look bad. Lighting, the situation, makeup, lens angle, etc... You could take a supermodel and have her look like strip mall trash with a bad shot.

Until we see her in the actual show we have no idea what she'll really look like on screen.
    I posted an image of her from "Peaky Binders" so we do have an idea of what she can look like /shrug.

meanwhile hey I can find images that are not as flattering too!

mind you I happen to think that both Jamie and Natasha still look great in those candid shots, but I think my point here is pretty obvious

Man peak Cathrine Zeta-Jones (like Zorro era, not this sad botox modern era) would have been a perfect Lanfear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.