Page 3 of 179 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is a reference to the fandom. There was a big argument if Steve was a virgin or not a few years ago.

It isn't an insult to Steve, it is a joke at the fandom.
    It's both poking the fandom and shade at Steve, missed the mark for me, and I am already weary of Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Loved it. It was miles above what I was dreading from the trailers, and the relatively poor CGI didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would.

The only part I had any trouble with was how Jennifer got Bruce's blood, especially how little she got. The explanation for it was also rather dubious; Bruce (not Hulk) must have some magical skin if it can contain the "lethal doses of gamma radiation" that only a few drops of his blood has.

That said, I understand why they went this route. The MCU version of Bruce would never have allowed someone to have his blood injected into them, even in a life-and-death situation, and even if Jennifer had a particularly rare blood type that only he possessed in the immediate area. And since he's such a public figure, even a random backwater doctor would know better than to do that too in the case of them both being unconscious. So something like this was really the only road they had to go down.

Honestly though, my issue was more of the quantity of blood that was transferred more than the method. If all it takes is 2-3 drops to instantly--instantly--transform someone into a hulk, and one whose baseline is stronger than Professor sorry "Smart" Hulk, well... that's just really dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    For starters In the comics She hulk is hulk all the time due to the blood transfusion Bruce gave her she cant change back, but she doesnt care she loves her body and righfully so.
    Yeah, no. That was the result of her having to prevent a radiation leak during her stint as one of the Fantastic Four later in her 'career' as a hulk.

And the early trailers Really didnt help sell the show making it "Women get angry because they are women" Or tried hard to be like "Women do it better"
    There it is. I knew it wouldn't take long for one of the handful of haters to throw down their OMG It's Misandry card.

And I agreew if she wasnt Tied to DC, Gal Gadot would of made a Awesome fit for this
    No, she really wouldn't. Maybe as the actual She-Hulk, but definitely not as Jennifer. She's also a shit actress compared to Tatiana Maslany.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    and villain in 1st episode: random angry woman that wants to break a law... ye cheap... not even Titania.
    What are you blathering on about? That was Titania.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    I don't know the first thing about the character but I really like this depiction of she-hulk compared to the nonsensical feminine one. Seeing a woman hulk like this makes sense... except for the lips.

https://y.yarn.co/83ad27e6-3193-4323...454bd5450a.mp4
    Last edited by Skildar; 2022-08-18 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    It's both poking the fandom and shade at Steve, missed the mark for me, and I am already weary of Marvel.
    So stop watching their products. It's not difficult. No one is putting a gun to your head and demanding you to watch something you clearly hate (and clearly hated before even watching).

Why's that so hard for people like you? I loathe anime and, lo and behold, I manage to get through every day without watching that insipid shit just fine. Do i have some kind of miraculous superpower or something? I clearly must if I and I alone wield some awe-inspiring willpower and "easy as fuck to avoid shit that's easily avoidable since I have to make a conscious choice to watch it in the first place" skills or something.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    Honestly though, my issue was more of the quantity of blood that was transferred more than the method. If all it takes is 2-3 drops to instantly--instantly--transform someone into a hulk, and one whose baseline is stronger than Professor sorry "Smart" Hulk, well... that's just really dubious.
    The idea was kinda set up in the first hulk movie with the leader only getting a few drops onto his head wound, though of course the leader hasn’t actually shown up since.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Nope, only the fandom for a silly argument.

No wonder it missed the mark for you, you don't even know what they were aiming at.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    So stop watching their products. It's not difficult. No one is putting a gun to your head and demanding you to watch something you clearly hate (and clearly hated before even watching).

Why's that so hard for people like you? I loathe anime and, lo and behold, I manage to get through every day without watching that insipid shit just fine. Do i have some kind of miraculous superpower or something? I clearly must if I and I alone wield some awe-inspiring willpower and "easy as fuck to avoid shit that's easily avoidable since I have to make a conscious choice to watch it in the first place" skills or something.
    So I should just mindless hate instead of giving something a chance? Glad I have to pre-judge a product, and I never said I hated it, I said didn't like it. You don't like me not liking a disney product feel free to ignore me instead of rabidly attacking me for having a differing opinion than you.

Instead you act like an asshole and attack me for not liking something you like, stay classy.

No wonder it missed the mark for you, you don't even know what they were aiming at.
    Oh no you know exactly the joke being made with all details because you are a writer? Mm thank you for correcting my wrong think. Glad you and Rocksteady are here to tell others what to think, will make for an exciting world when everyone can only think what you think because you are ALWAYS right.

I don't care enough about the show to continue being preached at in this thread.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-08-18 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are seriously still watching all this capeshit with actual excitement?

I checked out shortly after Iron Man. Just looking at the stills for this show it seems like things have gone downhill fast since they started just shoveling these shows out on streaming services as quickly and cheaply as possible.

I wish they'd start chasing some new trend, maybe create something original for a change.

10+ Year Old Account

In all fairness, making fun of the fandom can only be done so much before the fandom feels attacked. Does with a sense of tact and used sparingly is fun. But perhaps Marvel is doing it a little too much.

However, She Hulk, and Deadpool are the perfect characters for that since they break the 4th wall often, and talk to the fandom. So it makes sense here.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh no you know exactly the joke being made with all details because you are a writer? Mm thank you for correcting my wrong think. Glad you and Rocksteady are here to tell others what to think, will make for an exciting world when everyone can only think what you think because you are ALWAYS right.

I don't care enough about the show to continue being preached at in this thread.
    Because 1) I watched the show and clearly saw where the joke was going. The mid credit scene confirms it wasn't poking fun at Steve.
    2) There have been numerous jokes and references put into the MCU from the Fandom, poking fun with the fans.

You have nothing other than your opinion to say it was designed to be a slight at Steve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    In all fairness, making fun of the fandom can only be done so much before the fandom feels attacked. Does with a sense of tact and used sparingly is fun. But perhaps Marvel is doing it a little too much.

However, She Hulk, and Deadpool are the perfect characters for that since they break the 4th wall often, and talk to the fandom. So it makes sense here.
    IMO, it isn't really an amount, but how it is handled. Bad writers can make the fanbase feel attacked with one try while good writers can have it going for the lifespan of and sometimes beyond the show/series.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I was worried about the backstory, I didn't want episode 1 to be a lame long drawn out back story that we have to sit through, but it was beautiful and it provided small details as to where Bruce was, how broken and disiulusioned Tony Stark was with Cap, etc. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Stark and Banner were building the bar.

It also makes alot of sense that Walters already came with the ability to decompartmentalize her feelings and such. Women, on average, are more in tuned with their emotions, coupled with Banners "evolved" genetics, I can absolutely see her being able to control this very quickly.

As far as the last court scene goes, im not entirely sure that changing into She-Hulk to save the day is gonna buy her favor. She now has to convince everyone to not be afraid of her (because of Bruce Banner's previous activities when he went Hulk smash) and she now became a superhero, by inheritence. Its like the Joker said to Batman "they need you right now, but when they dont, they'll cast you out...". I can relate to this being in cybersecurity. Everyone always wants you to help them deter attacks or help them "recover" their spouses social media passwords, but ever so fearful that ill turn on them, one day. This has costed me friendships.

The one thing I haven't liked about these female led Marvel movies/shows, is that at some point, they HAVE to shit on men for the sake of flexing their "strong female lead". But those are small moments far and in between. Im just saying that its getting to be a bit annoying and its become META at this point to just throw those jabs.

Short of that, I absolutely LOVED IT. Next week should be interesting.

BTW that after credit scene LOL!!!!! Walters being bent out of shape over Caps virginity...

How did Banner know when and where Cap lost his V-Card?
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2022-08-18 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    He donates blood because there is no other choice and she is bleeding out post mob hit and he performs the transfusion himself. Pretty big difference it wasn't some random donation. It was she needs blood or she dies.
    But then he just leaves without doing any tests on her himself to ensure that his highly irradiated blood isn't going to kill her or turn her into a Hulk... which is something that, at the time, he would have described as a fate worse than death.

Also in no world in her original origin was Jen not attractive.
    In no world is Tatiana Maslany not attractive.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I really liked the first episode and I'm curious to see where the show goes from here. Just from this first episode, sure it looks like all is fine with Jennifer Walters and she's just going to be big and green, when she needs to.
    But as we've had the "I've been through this, why won't you listen!" thing, I think it won't be that easy. Usually when you have two people fighting about something like that, you have to work through some shit, take a few solutions 'tried and tested' and create a few solutions of your own, because some of the "tried and tested" things just don't work for you. The one thing that usually never works though is just going back to the way it used to be (no matter what the condition is that changed your life), you always have to come up with solutions for your changed conditions. Not everyone takes the Bruce Banner approach to hide yourself away and it clearly isn't her way. So she will have to come up with her own approach.

What I found funny about the man/woman stuff and what reflected even some of the discussions that were had over in the Marvel-thread after the trailer hit, was the scene with the rock. Hulk throws the rock very slightly (a rock that a normal human couldn't even pick up), She-Hulk throws it with more force and further. Everybody should know, this was not a contest of who can throw further when performing their best and strongest throw, both were doing totally different things. But still, Bruce has to show that she did not best him and throws the rock into space. Which was kind of the thing people were criticising about that scene: she can't be stronger, he can throw the rock much further!... yea, no shit. And there must not be any doubt about that even for a second, you have to prove yourself better at once. That this is not conducive to creating an environment where you can actually work on issues and maybe teach a thing or two, is not important. Main thing is 'I'm stronger/better/whatnot'
    And when you think about it, that isn't even an exclusive man/woman thing. It's teaching/learning in general. If you teach, you're expected to be an expert and the best at what you do no matter what. You have to be 'above' the person you're trying to teach something in all things. The person you are trying to teach, has to accept this and not question your authority. That's a toxic environment for all involved.

What I really like is the lead actress and her portayal of both sides of the woman. She comes across as smart and maybe a bit mean at times, someone you'd believe has fought hard to be accepted in a tough work environment, sometimes funny and almost playful as She-Hulk, almost more comfortable in that skin, which I see as something that will draw her to embracing that side more over the course of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    if we are going to go into assumptions now, that I'm going to say that its safe to assume that you have never actualy been close to a real woman, let alone lived with one, that you think photoshoped and airbrushed and heavily surgically enhanced women are the only beautiful ones and then turn around and complain about catfishing.

P.S. and yet "classically defined attractiveness" varies so much through the history and lately it changes every few years, so you equating your own preferences with "classical attractiveness" is hillarious.
    It's safe to assume you have never been on a college campus plenty of "real women" are insanely fit and attractive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    But then he just leaves without doing any tests on her himself to ensure that his highly irradiated blood isn't going to kill her or turn her into a Hulk... which is something that, at the time, he would have described as a fate worse than death.

In no world is Tatiana Maslany not attractive.
    Honestly she's not on level with what Jen would be expected to be. Jen in comics at least originally is coded with the same style characteristics as Mary Jane Watson or Felicia. That said I was more talking about the claim that she was a "Plain Jane" pre Hulk Blood.

Also in no world in her original origin was Jen not attractive.
    Incorrect, she wasn't attractive (in the popular use of the word, which translates as 'drop-dead gorgeous' for whatever reason), she just wasn't unattractive either. She was very much a relatively average, normal looking woman. Which, for some stupid reason, translates as "ugly" to certain people. But who the hell cares about them?

Edit: Seeing your post above this one, nevermind. Apparently you're one of those who thinks a "plain Jane" woman is hideous or something.
    Last edited by Rocksteady 87; 2022-08-18 at 05:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly she's not on level with what Jen would be expected to be. Jen in comics at least originally is coded with the same style characteristics as Mary Jane Watson or Felicia. That said I was more talking about the claim that she was a "Plain Jane" pre Hulk Blood.
    And you would be wrong.

She was very much a plain jane character originally. It doesn't mean "ugly" or "completely unattractive", it means average. Which she was.
    –The Sith Code

What an absolute shocker that one of the people complaining about Black people in LOTR is here complaining about She Hulk not being "attractive enough".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

On the one hand, this is a pretty funny show. Bruce and Jen have great sibling chemistry (even if they are only cusins)

On the other hand, some lines just made my brain hurt.

Why, why in all hell and back, did it need that "I am better at controlling my anger, because my life as a successful attractive woman was haaaaard, because woman" -line.

Geezus christ... she is funny and charmingly blunt, but a line like that breaks the entire character... and only to get the mark of approval of some sexist feminists on the internets...

Plus of course the fact that she is a complete Mary Sue, being instantly perfect at everything that Bruce needed decades to learn and master. It is difficult to imagine that there is any real threat she could face in this series. The Hulk is nearly unbeatable, only ever loosing to literal gods and god-like aliens like Thanos and Thor and Jen is outclassing him literally effortlessly.

The funny thing is that this episode actually made me want to learn more about Hulk, not She-Hulk. The whole split-personality that he has and Jen doesn't must have a source. Possibly the story of the very first Hulk movie even before the Norton one is actually canon...

A little bit preachy with the female empowerment, but not enough that it left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Other than that, the charcters introduced so far are entertaining and funny, and I enjoyed it quite a lot!
    Will definitely be seeing the whole show! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My worthless two cents. Tatiana Maslani is an average looking woman for Hollywood. Outside of Hollywood, she is a dime, but put up against the rest of the current Hollywood stunners, she isn't in the pack leader group.

That said, I haven't watched the first episode yet, so I have no comments yet on the content of the show.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree. I think she is a beautiful woman, but her acting is not great at all.
    She is perfect as Wonder Woman, which means looking tough on camera but as soon as real acting skills are involved, it's horrible. Case in point: Death on the Nile. Most sitcom extras can act better than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    A little bit preachy with the female empowerment, but not enough that it left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Other than that, the charcters introduced so far are entertaining and funny, and I enjoyed it quite a lot!
    Will definitely be seeing the whole show! <3
    Female empowerment in an origin story about a woman getting Hulk powers? You don't say....