Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up Give me MOP over any other expansion.

Mists of Pandaria had it all, great class design, fun raids and great world quests.

It was an expansion where you had to play well to do top dps, knowing your rotation and cds. Today all you need is crazy rng procs and gear and you will top dps.

Quote Originally Posted by large dps cock View Post
    Mists of Pandaria had it all, great class design, fun raids and great world quests.

It was an expansion where you had to play well to do top dps, knowing your rotation and cds. Today all you need is crazy rng procs and gear and you will top dps.
    Man i was an arms warrior back then... i agree that it was a great expa, but it wasnt that hard to be top dps.... BLADESTORM GO BRRRRRRRR
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

tore that shit up on a shadow priest and destro lock. pandaland was fun. lol moving while casting chaos bolt. good times.

I would maybe give MoP a try if I get to have a free max level character and get to skip all of the daily grinds. Its the only post-WotLK expansion that I would at least consider playing for its gameplay

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Class design was peak, but I hated the rest of the expansion.
    I agree, I must be one of the few that didn't like Pandaria at all, nor the raids.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow I couldn’t disagree more. MoP was the start of WoW no longer feeling like WoW. I think the only expansion worse than it is Shadowlands.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    Man i was an arms warrior back then... i agree that it was a great expa, but it wasnt that hard to be top dps.... BLADESTORM GO BRRRRRRRR
    Arcane mage was quite enjoyable. I did not raid but still even with lfr gear and the effort to learn the rotation and I was top 5 quite often. I do miss that Isle it was nice and easy to pvp on that place and pretty much vaporize anyone I wanted. Then the nerf bat came after...
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

As a rogue, MoP class design was cancer. Also don't know how anyone can claim the dailies in MoP were enjoyable. Maybe the Isle of Thunder ones specifically, but that was more because IoT was just a well designed zone. Also it had two of the worst patches in the game's history, 5.1 and 5.3

I also agree with Nargrom, there was nothing particularly skill intensive about rotations, at least for rogue and spriest. At least cascade was amusing to press.

private servers or wait for classic is your best bet,if they decide to go past wotlk,i highly doubt they would skip cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I agree, I must be one of the few that didn't like Pandaria at all, nor the raids.
    that is a pretty crazy take,just curious what expansions raids did you like?mop was a pretty good time for raiding,not as hard as mythic today,but not as easy as vanila-wrath era either

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Wow I couldn’t disagree more. MoP was the start of WoW no longer feeling like WoW. I think the only expansion worse than it is Shadowlands.
    How so? It was pre ability pruning, it had complex classes and no borrowed power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    that is a pretty crazy take,just curious what expansions raids did you like?mop was a pretty good time for raiding,not as hard as mythic today,but not as easy as vanila-wrath era either
    It was the art/design of everything Pandaria related I disliked. The raids were good when it comes to encounter design (from what I remember?) but the aesthetics were just not my jam at all.

Hard for me to say which expansion had the raids I liked the most... Most expansions have had a raid in them I quite liked. Can't really decide which I enjoyed the most, but it definitely wasn't MoP

private servers or wait for classic is your best bet,if they decide to go past wotlk,i highly doubt they would skip cata

- - - Updated - - -

I’m in the same boat as him tbh. Mop was not fun for me at all. It was so long ago and I wasn’t invested that heavily so commenting on exactly why it was boring for me is going to be tough.

But essentially for me the pvp was terrible. It started off the ‘cooldown trading’ meta, where pvp was slow as hell until someone popped CDs which made you pop a different cd then we were all waiting for the next rotation of CDs.

The pve felt very empty as well. Lfr was in full force so basically you hit end level, then you do your boring grocery list of chores every week of lfr and such to get the gear you needed.

Crz hit which deleted any sense of world to me. World pvp was limited to only specific spaces.

There were some very unique class spells that were added to the game which was cool but it didn’t make up for the fact that the combat in mop just felt like trash. Specifically from a pvp point of view.

I didn’t raid nor did the game even make me want to raid that much in mop. I did a couple of the heroic raids near the end and bored out of my mind. I’m sure the fights were fun when they first came out, but overall the game felt borin as hell to me. I personally don’t just play wow for raid encounters so for me mop was absolutely boring as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    It was the art/design of everything Pandaria related I disliked. The raids were good when it comes to encounter design (from what I remember?) but the aesthetics were just not my jam at all.

Hard for me to say which expansion had the raids I liked the most... Most expansions have had a raid in them I quite liked. Can't really decide which I enjoyed the most, but it definitely wasn't MoP
    Oh i see,yeah art wise i cant fault you for not liking it,i was thinking you didnt like the encounters

its hard for me also to pick a favorite expansion based on raid aesthetics,as all of them had one or two i really didnt like how they looked

wrath had an amazing looking ulduar....but also had naxx,trial and sartharion/malygos that felt rly dull for example

then wod i loved the first tier as it was outdoors,and foundry felt very ''raid-ish'',but then hellfire looked like a mess

I can't wait for MoP Classic. But it wasn't all sunshine and roses. Warlocks were dummy overpowered in SoO and some of the 10M Heroic encounters were wildly over or undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    I’m in the same boat as him tbh. Mop was not fun for me at all. It was so long ago and I wasn’t invested that heavily so commenting on exactly why it was boring for me is going to be tough.

But essentially for me the pvp was terrible. It started off the ‘cooldown trading’ meta, where pvp was slow as hell until someone popped CDs which made you pop a different cd then we were all waiting for the next rotation of CDs.

The pve felt very empty as well. Lfr was in full force so basically you hit end level, then you do your boring grocery list of chores every week of lfr and such to get the gear you needed.

Crz hit which deleted any sense of world to me. World pvp was limited to only specific spaces.

There were some very unique class spells that were added to the game which was cool but it didn’t make up for the fact that the combat in mop just felt like trash. Specifically from a pvp point of view.

I didn’t raid nor did the game even make me want to raid that much in mop. I did a couple of the heroic raids near the end and bored out of my mind. I’m sure the fights were fun when they first came out, but overall the game felt borin as hell to me. I personally don’t just play wow for raid encounters so for me mop was absolutely boring as shit.
    mop was when i quit pvp also,in wrath and cata i got 2.4k+ in 3's but when mop came,i dont know what happened,i guess i didnt enjoy the changes they did to holy pala,but the raid quality was pretty top for me,everything else didnt matter so much to me,i missed the cataclysm specializations and i felt like my 2 main classes got changed in ways i didnt like,so i just swaped classes

mop was when i quit pvp also,in wrath and cata i got 2.4k+ in 3's but when mop came,i dont know what happened,i guess i didnt enjoy the changes they did to holy pala,but the raid quality was pretty top for me,everything else didnt matter so much to me,i missed the cataclysm specializations and i felt like my 2 main classes got changed in ways i didnt like,so i just swaped classes
    Ya I wish I could have tried out the raids more I remember it being drowned in gated daily content for some reason. I remember that in order to even be presentable in raids I had to do shit like boring lfr and endless endless dailies and said fuck this shit.

And yeah pvp was honestly the worst, you didn’t miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    Ya I wish I could have tried out the raids more I remember it being drowned in gated daily content for some reason. I remember that in order to even be presentable in raids I had to do shit like boring lfr and endless endless dailies and said fuck this shit.

And yeah pvp was honestly the worst, you didn’t miss anything.
    you only needed to do some dailies early on,but it was changed,never felt like i had to do lfr,mop was when i changed guilds,found a guild they took me on normal got geared and that was that

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    As a rogue, MoP class design was cancer. Also don't know how anyone can claim the dailies in MoP were enjoyable. Maybe the Isle of Thunder ones specifically, but that was more because IoT was just a well designed zone. Also it had two of the worst patches in the game's history, 5.1 and 5.3

I also agree with Nargrom, there was nothing particularly skill intensive about rotations, at least for rogue and spriest. At least cascade was amusing to press.
    worst patches that were bottomed by WOD, Shadowlands, + some of BFA and Cata.

I really liked WOTLK more than Pandavill, I feel the further along the expansions go the less that it actually felt like "wow" and more of just a facesmashing of the keyboard experience with big numbers above peoples heads when you hit them.