10+ Year Old Account
    Evan McPherson is still an absolute beast. That is all.

Real happy with the Bills first pre-season game. Somehow won with 5 turnovers, but they were all from lower-depth chart guys.....but not our rookies. Our rookies and younger players were awesome. All the mistakes came from free agent vets. Hope Sean McD drills in their heads that shit won't fly here.

Most of Denver's starters aren't playing, but one of them that did already hurt 2 plays into the game. Went through like 8 ILBs last year, might end up doing that again.

Watching Josh Johnson play shows why teams only sign him when their season is already over.
    Last edited by Grube; 2022-08-14 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's some real sicko shit to watch Lions vs. Falcons pre-season....

...it me. I am that sicko. I just watched Desmond Ritter throw a pass.
    I know it was players who won't make the 53-man roster vs the same 53. It was an entertaining and competitive game from both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys committed about 50 penalties, so we've already seen the main reason they're gonna disappoint this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's some real sicko shit to watch Lions vs. Falcons pre-season....

...it me. I am that sicko. I just watched Desmond Ritter throw a pass.
    I'm waiting for hard knocks
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders still keeping most of their starters on both sides of the ball benched.

There's still a good wealth of talent on display. Nice to see actual squad depth.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Hoping Lamar gets his contract sorted soon.

Otherwise "Franchise Tag" next year maybe.

Ravens vs NY Jets and Flacco.. Sept 11 .. Should be interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots Panthers preseason game might be as exciting as preseason football gets. Its been non stop fights the past two days. Got really heated yesterday and multiple hits and fights today.

https://twitter.com/markdanielspj/st...12833348943877

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Patriots Panthers preseason game might be as exciting as preseason football gets. Its been non stop fights the past two days. Got really heated yesterday and multiple hits and fights today.

https://twitter.com/markdanielspj/st...12833348943877
    Pretty sure these pre-season games with the Panthers have been lined up for several years in advance and Belichick couldn't get out of them, cause I have a hard time believing that he would willing set up practices with Matt Rhule as the opposing coach.

Can almost guarantee that this will be the last season we have the Panthers on the schedule in preseason, cause it's been the Panthers starting these fights on both days (once when a Patriots receiver ended up on their sideline after a play and was pushed out of there by a coach, and then today when that same reciever got seriously hurt on a play and his opponent stood over him taunting.)

So yeah, I think next year the Patriots will have the Giants on the schedule and the Raiders and some other team, and not the Panthers.

15+ Year Old Account
    What’s the connection between Rhule and Belichick aside from being the Giants O-Coach for a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our joint practices are boring because who cares about beating up on the Packers in preseason when we already beat up on them in the regular season.
    /s

Our joint practices are boring because who cares about beating up on the Packers in preseason when we already beat up on them in the regular season.
    I like how there is next to no information about the Saints on ESPN or the Athletic, the athletic I can understand as it feels like they're going under and have no beat writer, but ESPN supposedly has one (from the Athletic) but there is hardly anything posted. So it is pretty sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    11 games for Watson

He wants everyone to know he is sorry and that he is also innocent
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    11 games for Watson

$5 million fine as well.

Eh, it's at least over half the season and hopefully that ensures the Browns don't make the playoffs. That's really all I want. Don't reward the Browns for signing this creep.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    $5 million fine as well.

Eh, it's at least over half the season and hopefully that ensures the Browns don't make the playoffs. That's really all I want. Don't reward the Browns for signing this creep.
    He's still on the roster--they rewarded the Browns for signing him. That's on top of them only suspending him for 11 games, so he gets to play 6 games and get full credit for a season played so his contract matures a year. If anything--this entire thing says "great job betting on that one, Browns organization--you called it that he'd get nothing more than a slap on the wrist".

Properly not rewarding the Browns would be to suspend him indefinitely/into next year and/or ban him from the league entirely. Sacrificing one season to get an all-pro QB, who is only 26, isn't punishment at all. It's the equivalent of tanking for a draft pick to secure your franchise QB for the next 7-10 years.

This whole situation stinks. After Goodell comes out and says the situation warrants a minimum year suspension, he puts his tail between his legs and settles with a scumbag--and one who had no bargaining chip to settle with.

Playing a professional sport and making hundreds of millions is a privilege--and Watson doesn't deserve either. Yet all he got was a baby suspension and a fine equivalent to 2% of his contract. I'm pretty sure if anyone here were in a similar position--they'd be fired immediately and not have the best time getting employed anywhere else.

Bucs can't seem to find Shady....

Is someone else going to be their main dawg now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    What’s the connection between Rhule and Belichick aside from being the Giants O-Coach for a year?
    Belichick usually works with coaches he has a high opinion on. Can;t imagine that's the case with Rhule, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I like how there is next to no information about the Saints on ESPN or the Athletic, the athletic I can understand as it feels like they're going under and have no beat writer, but ESPN supposedly has one (from the Athletic) but there is hardly anything posted. So it is pretty sad.
    There's a guy, Nick Underhill, who used to be a beatwriter in New England, got a better job offer to cover the Saints, came back to New England after a few years but only lasted 1 year cause he wanted to go back to New Orleans, which he did.

He set up his own site, New Orleans Football, which is basically him and a couple of others exclusively following and reporting on Saints stuff. He was brilliant as a beatwriter in NE, and from what I can tell from the stuff he still tweets for free, that has not changed at all. Very insightful, analyzed and reported stuff, on top of the usual reporting on transactions etc.

This is his twitter, if you care to check him out: https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/s...52455925399557

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There's a guy, Nick Underhill, who used to be a beatwriter in New England, got a better job offer to cover the Saints, came back to New England after a few years but only lasted 1 year cause he wanted to go back to New Orleans, which he did.

He set up his own site, New Orleans Football, which is basically him and a couple of others exclusively following and reporting on Saints stuff. He was brilliant as a beatwriter in NE, and from what I can tell from the stuff he still tweets for free, that has not changed at all. Very insightful, analyzed and reported stuff, on top of the usual reporting on transactions etc.

This is his twitter, if you care to check him out: https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/s...52455925399557
    Thank you very much, even if it is just twitter I am curious what the team is doing in preseason. I'm just shocked that the lack of information out there on ESPN of all places, usually they have someone giving daily news reports on how it is going, but this time around? Jack Squat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy Pete still refuses to do joint practices. Plus geography makes it somewhat more difficult than the least coast.

11 games for Watson

I thought they were pushing for a full year...