Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a bug
    Surprisingly things they didn't test are bugged

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    It's a bug
    Surprisingly things they didn't test are bugged
    why would it be a bug?its a design flaw with the way the interface doesnt update in real time,if you stay and look at something on the ah for to long,by the time you decide to buy it,someone else took it,but the interface doesnt change unless you refresh or try to interact with the item

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well,yes you would be literaly playing for your own benefits,whats more rpg than taking gold from people to complete tasks for them?think of the players as advanced quest givers kekw
    I've boosted before, I know it's easy. If I had some friends who were interested in doing it I'd probably do it again but I've been playing the solo game for awhile now. /shrug

just do some boosts,its beyond stupid to buy tokens for gold,when boosting gets you way more gold,i mean sure if you are some CEO than sure,buying tokens is easier
    I don't boost, because I have limited time to play - and when I do, I'd rather boost a friend (for free). And one thing I can tell you is that there are always friends who'll happily accept a boost Can't see myself telling them to fk off just so I can make some gold with strangers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I've boosted before, I know it's easy. If I had some friends who were interested in doing it I'd probably do it again but I've been playing the solo game for awhile now. /shrug
    Each to their own obviously, if I felt boosting felt more like a job then honestly I wouldn't do it either. And frankly I have no issue with the WoW token, so if you have disposable income and prefer just buying a token than boosting others to make gold, then do it. No doubt I'll get flamed by someone how the token is evil yada yada yada but anyway...

why would it be a bug?its a design flaw with the way the interface doesnt update in real time,if you stay and look at something on the ah for to long,by the time you decide to buy it,someone else took it,but the interface doesnt change unless you refresh or try to interact with the item
    It's a bug because it was already confirmed a bug
    It's supposed to update but if you go in and check then refresh and check again and the listing doesn't update because it's not been tested to handle everything

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    To afford more BoEs, you need to have gold first. Where do you get the gold if selling mats is unprofitable...?
    Oh, I think I know

Crafting other BOEs?

Doing callings? Farming old content? Farming raid BOEs?

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    You seem to have inexplicably swallowed a spoonful of salt, but i'll explain: I know that all costs are related, i do not know whether he knows that not all markets are merged, as most of these BoEs are not affected by the changes directly.
    It is, after all, implied in his post that he expects all things, including noncrafted BoEs presumably, to get cheaper. That you missed this ambiguity is... curious.

If you dont know something- then you remain silent and dont pretend that you know what other person thought or knew (not).

Best way to get gold is to level a bunch of alts to 60, go night fae, use the free wisps of memory to get Niya to 60 so all your troops are 60, then refresh table missions 3x/day. This nets me around 20k/day these days for essentially zero effort. Some version of this worked in WoD (~15k/day) and Legion (~45k/day by the end of it) too. Not BFA.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sell a token, sell your services ingame or grind away at dailies, callings and weeklies if you want to make gold ingame, looks like the days of just messing with each other on the AH are over.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2022-08-19 at 04:24 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If AHs weren't merged, the new crafting system of DF would be almost certainly DoA, aside from maybe a handful of megaservers. Unfortunately, it has unforeseen (?) side effects like the one you are describing.
    How is that an "unforseen" side effect when people were saying since the initial announcement of it went out? It's just Blizzard being Blizzard with half-assed implementation of systems and zero intention to fix the problems they created.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The first two days was really awful, slow loading times, when you posted something and the list reloaded there were already hundreds listed for less gold, and there were region wide scammers putting an item up for 1s in the hope sellers would not look and just sell for the proposed value.

But now the prices have stabilized at the same level they had before the merge (on my large server), and on my dead alliance server I finally can sell my mission table trade goods. So seems to be working fine for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's yet another weird solution to the actual problem. Many servers are dead and should be merged aggressively.

But no, what about the guys who have to change their name, god forbid they have to add an extra letter! Better create all kinds of weird bandaid fixes that cause other problems.

ffs they merge the servers in Classic, but the retail team continues to be too mentally challenged to do what should have been done 10 years ago?

Crossrealm is poison for the game, what the game really needs is a bunch of fat megaservers where nobody needs nonsensical "solutions" like this. 10 years ago.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-08-19 at 05:13 AM.

It’s awful indeed. All prices are completely fucked on my server now (Flask from 500-800 to 200, all meat and fish from 1g to 7s etc.) so it doesn’t even make sense to bother with crafting and selling. And if you want to buy stuff it’s always the error OP mentioned. The pool of people is just way too big - we have way too much stuff and not enough demand at all.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

If market freedom starts killing goblins, does that mean capitalism works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Jesus, how desperate must you be to turn this change into "Blizzard want to sell more tokens".

Current situation is opposite - more people buy services through gold than buy gold. That's why token price is rising. On EU during BfA (when Brutosaur gold sink existed) it was 150-160k, now constantly over 300k gold.
    I don't think that was nessecarily his arguement.

I think his aruguement was "I need to buy this BoE, but I don't have the gold... Where shall I get this gold? Oh! Selling mats!"

Or atleast, that's my non-cynical view of things, he might of literally meant the token

Supply and Demand will always control each other for the most part. Supply is generally the most vulnerable to inflation, but we'll have to see how this ripple plays out long term to be sure

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    whenever i try to buy some mats i get the pop-up, this item is no longer available. if i spam buy it 10 times in a row, i may get lucky to buy what i want before someone else do.
    I've had nothing but good luck with it. Then again it was a pita to sell items on my dead server to where it would take weeks for some items, including SL ones. The first night it was up I sold practically 90% of what I had to sell, instantly. 9.9% sold within 12 hours (not sure when as I logged) and the last 0.1% is still up on the AH for 49710 days (136 years) for some reason.

Oh the tears of AH players who have nothing better to do than play ah all day.

This change is wonderful for people who don't give a damn about mass gold farming in any way or form. The best way to get gold now is to actually play the game, do dailies, raids etc. not sit at AH playing Warcraft tycoon.

On my tiny dead server where even in 9.2.5 legendaries costed 90k gold and some of the rarer mats didn't even get listed now I can get anything I want and legendaries are down to 16k. Best change ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Remember in Zimbabwe when they just printed more and more money until a loaf of bread cost millions of their currency?

Thats why rock bottom prices are bad gold is already inflated now mats are and soon everything else will be. Blizz is already talking about expanding the merg to include ALL goods so all the markets outside of trade goods will crash as well (mounts pets mog). With no way to make gold by farming or crafting people will turn to buying their gold from blizz or being stuck poor.

Want to buy a carry? Want to buy that new 100k reputation mount? Better break out that wallet cause you cant farm the gold anymore. Carries will cost more as the amount of Teams able to carry people will remain about the same but with increased gold inflation will prices will rise. So more tokens will be bought to adjust to the new higher cost of runs which means spending more real money and increasing the gold inflation problem.

The rich will remain rich and the poor will get poorer but the ability to go from poor to rich will soon require a credit card.
    This isn’t real life mate. Real life economics are not played the same here, for starters, the only way gold is “printed” is through ingame activities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Bots are still exist and are problem even with rock bottom prices. Blizz has been better about them but I still run into them a lot. They are terrible for the market and will continue to exist because even at low prices its still printing gold.
    Again “printing gold”. Do you not understand that the AH does not generate gold, or exchanges it for goods? Like a shop?

We are on the tail end of the expansion. Consumable demand is likely at an all time low, people are no longer leveling professions and demand may be inflated by people slowly dumping surplus before the next xpac. It's not the right time to judge commodities. This will be followed by an expansion that actually places very high importance in crafting. Just save your energy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Then pick not the first Item, take one 1-2 gold more expensive.
    i tried doing that wiht missives when i needed to change my unity, it wouldnt let me buy just 1 i would only get the option to buy the whole stack