Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    ​First Code: 8ANCKTWYVRD5
    Second Code: EA7VKTFHU9VR
    Third Code: KT7DKSFGCRWD

Didnt even watch the steam lol.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I guess they aired the 3.0 trailer a bit earlier than normal this time. Story looks interesting at least, but I hope they don't resolve it by 3.1 like last time and actually stretch it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I guess they aired the 3.0 trailer a bit earlier than normal this time. Story looks interesting at least, but I hope they don't resolve it by 3.1 like last time and actually stretch it out.
    Supposedly 3.2 will wrap up the main Sumeru story. Which makes sense, seeing that dendro loli is supposed to be in 3.2 banner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    It's funny because starting off where the game is now, I'm actually overwhelmed by content. Meanwhile, all I hear about from veterans is how there is nothing to do.

There is too much to do, but tbh it's just typical open-world gimmicks.
    When people play Genshin for 12 hours a day, like they would binge a new MMO, do tend to run out of content. But anyone who plays 1-2 hours per day is going to have several months of content ahead of them.

Genshin is not a "forever game" like many people pick one game and only play that and binge it. It's a side game. People who say there's not enough content are the ones who play non stop when a new patch comes out.

Perhaps that's not what some people are after, but I like to have a game I can play and eventually feel like I'm "done" for awhile. If I want a game with endless grinding, I load up FFXIV with its 500 different forms of horizontal progression. I think the expectation that there will always be something to do, there will always be a grind, can be pretty toxic for some games as it just encourages devs to make repetitive, endless grinds that are lacking in "soul".

Not to say that Genshin is lacking in crazy, mindless grinds, but people often vastly overstate the artifact grind. There's severe amounts of diminishing returns after you get crit%/crit dmg artifacts with the appropriate main stat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    2.) you don't really make content (36-starring the Abyss, specifically) faster, you make it possible. As much as people love to say that "every character is viable," I'd take it with the pretty big caveat that they usually mean one or two characters, with teams built around them tailored to their needs, to make up for their weaknesses.
    Someone out there has beaten Spiral Abyss with C0 Noelle, Lisa, Amber, Traveler, and Kaeya. Every free character with no constellations. Obviously they farmed out amazing artifacts, but they didn't build around these characters with other amazing characters. They were literally the only characters taken in.

With knowledge of the game, everything in this game is possible without spending a dime, and not only are people going to have more characters than the above listed, they'll probably have several of the really good 4 stars like Xingqiu, Xiangling, Beidou, Sucrose, Ninggaung, Diona, Fischl, Bennett, Fischl and Yunjin. All of those are great 4 stars that have found reliable places somewhere in the meta.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-08-14 at 02:58 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Someone out there has beaten Spiral Abyss with C0 Noelle, Lisa, Amber, Traveler, and Kaeya. Every free character with no constellations. Obviously they farmed out amazing artifacts, but they didn't build around these characters with other amazing characters. They were literally the only characters taken in.

With knowledge of the game, everything in this game is possible without spending a dime, and not only are people going to have more characters than the above listed, they'll probably have several of the really good 4 stars like Xingqiu, Xiangling, Beidou, Sucrose, Ninggaung, Diona, Fischl, Bennett, Fischl and Yunjin. All of those are great 4 stars that have found reliable places somewhere in the meta.
    Who? Where?
    There are 4-star only challenge runs around, hell, even ones where they use only 2 chars per side, but I've never heard of one like the one you're describing. And even they don't restrict you to C0s.
    Not to mention, 5 C0 free 4-stars split between 2 sides? I'm calling bullshit on that one.
    Even if it exists, it's insanely unrealistic for a new player, for a looong time.

And IDK what to say to the second half of your post, it's exactly what I've been saying.
    Strong 4-stars will carry you. If your first 3-4 character that you build as a completely new player isn't at least a couple of these strong 4-stars, you'll most likely struggle.
    Spending money didn't even come into the argument at all; IDK where you picked that up to argue against, but OK I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    Who? Where?
    There are 4-star only challenge runs around, hell, even ones where they use only 2 chars per side, but I've never heard of one like the one you're describing. And even they don't restrict you to C0s.
    Not to mention, 5 C0 free 4-stars split between 2 sides? I'm calling bullshit on that one.
    Even if it exists, it's insanely unrealistic for a new player, for a looong time.

And IDK what to say to the second half of your post, it's exactly what I've been saying.
    Strong 4-stars will carry you. If your first 3-4 character that you build as a completely new player isn't at least a couple of these strong 4-stars, you'll most likely struggle.
    Spending money didn't even come into the argument at all; IDK where you picked that up to argue against, but OK I guess.
    It was back during the original Spiral Abyss, posted on reddit. It might not be possible now, but again, it's really not that hard to make two teams of four characters and pump their power to the max. Yes, Spiral Abyss has gotten harder over time. No, it's not that difficult unless you have a fundamental problem understanding how character skills interact with each other.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

It was back during the original Spiral Abyss, posted on reddit. It might not be possible now, but again, it's really not that hard to make two teams of four characters and pump their power to the max. Yes, Spiral Abyss has gotten harder over time. No, it's not that difficult unless you have a fundamental problem understanding how character skills interact with each other.
    OK so you aren't really arguing against my point (more like agreeing) and you're also comparing apples to oranges with 1.x spiral abyss and new. Gotcha.

Not that hard? Hard shouldn't ever be used in a discussion involving Genshin Impact. You got artifacts? You will breeze through. You don't? You won't. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    None of this is really true, though.

No character is so bad that they won't be slapping things with good artifacts and a decent team composition. You can build DPS Qiqi if you really wanted to and she actually beats the crap out of things. She's just not really designed for it so others will be better, but you get the point.

As for abyss being "possible", again you're not gated by "bad characters" here. Yeah, you might need certain elements/combos to deal with some of the gimmicks, but you're not gated out of abyss just because you invested in non-meta characters.
    Yea but then think of it from a different angle. A hu tao at 50% efficiency is gunna be better than an amber at like 99% efficiency. So...it does matter. The better the character, the less you have to spend time investing into them. The worse the character, the more you have to invest, only for them to still not be that great.

My Hu tao isn't even properly built and I'm too lazy to farm cuz she's already ridiculously strong with average artifacts.

Kinda obvious Mihoyo is just banking on the fact the fact that Tighnari is the first 5 star dendro character for him to make them money. No waifu status or even husbando look. He's as bland looking as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Kinda obvious Mihoyo is just banking on the fact the fact that Tighnari is the first 5 star dendro character for him to make them money. No waifu status or even husbando look. He's as bland looking as they come.
    Well... he's furry bait... so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Not that hard? Hard shouldn't ever be used in a discussion involving Genshin Impact. You got artifacts? You will breeze through. You don't? You won't. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea but then think of it from a different angle. A hu tao at 50% efficiency is gunna be better than an amber at like 99% efficiency. So...it does matter. The better the character, the less you have to spend time investing into them. The worse the character, the more you have to invest, only for them to still not be that great.

My Hu tao isn't even properly built and I'm too lazy to farm cuz she's already ridiculously strong with average artifacts.
    Depends on the abyss format. Some characters are not good with dealing with specific situations no matter the artifcts. The worm being in 12-3 is a pain in the ass for a lot of characters that need a full rotational set up as it burrows at uneven patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Depends on the abyss format. Some characters are not good with dealing with specific situations no matter the artifcts. The worm being in 12-3 is a pain in the ass for a lot of characters that need a full rotational set up as it burrows at uneven patterns.
    That's exactly what I meant. If you have the right characters with the right build, it's easy. There's no micro skill involved at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...

4 star hydro polearm, 5 star electro polearm and hydro 5 star.

I will probaly skip for dendro loli.

Also i figured it will probaly be a better investment to get zhongli 1.st and then try after on dendro banner, since he will be a lost 50:50 in future anyway.

Ngl I'm liking the Yugioh vibe, hope Candance is fun to play.

I'm really digging Nilou's design (the right one), apparently she's meant to be a damage hydro sword (so soon after Ayato?!). Hopefully I like her play style because I'm probably rolling on her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Also i figured it will probaly be a better investment to get zhongli 1.st and then try after on dendro banner, since he will be a lost 50:50 in future anyway.
    Zhong Li is pretty ridiculous for a lot of characters. Not only does his shield let you just face tank a lot of stuff without interruption for full dps uptime, but it also reduces resistances of nearby enemies so it improves your dps too !

A lot of the Sumeru characters aren't tickling my pickle like Inazuma did. Candace, Al-Haitham and the dark lady who's name I can't remember will be my primary goals. On reruns honestly only Ayaka (who I know won't be back for a while since her 3 month banner or whatever) and Eula constellations.

Maybe I'll start hunting for starter constellations in between since I don't have an self control and keep wishing every 160 primos anyway. Maybe Mona will come home this way too.

Also regretting going hard for Kazuha. Such a boring as hell character. I guess I haven't gotten used to him yet? He just doesn't slot into my overworld team as nicely as I hoped between Zhongli, Eula, Raiden and flex the flex is usually taken by a pyro character of some sort since the daily commissions and a lot of puzzles need those still. Wish I'd waited out the Yoimiya banner but lost 50/50 to Qiqi.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2022-08-23 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    A lot of the Sumeru characters aren't tickling my pickle like Inazuma did. Candace, Al-Haitham and the dark lady who's name I can't remember will be my primary goals. On reruns honestly only Ayaka (who I know won't be back for a while since her 3 month banner or whatever) and Eula constellations.

Maybe I'll start hunting for starter constellations in between since I don't have an self control and keep wishing every 160 primos anyway. Maybe Mona will come home this way too.

Also regretting going hard for Kazuha. Such a boring as hell character. I guess I haven't gotten used to him yet? He just doesn't slot into my overworld team as nicely as I hoped between Zhongli, Eula, Raiden and flex the flex is usually taken by a pyro character of some sort since the daily commissions and a lot of puzzles need those still. Wish I'd waited out the Yoimiya banner but lost 50/50 to Qiqi.
    Seems kinda awkward and overkill that team for overworld stuff. Personally I'm running Yoimiya, Xingqiu, Kazuha and Diona, just an all-around team with good mobility. I'll probably swap out Diona for a second anemo for the resonance, but this team was pretty much 100% on field while exploring the summer islands. Depends on Sumeru, might have to slot in a dendro and/or electro character for the puzzles.

5+ Year Old Account
    30 wishes and I got c3 Diona and a Diluc. I was so close with absurd luck, I want to puke blood
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Is the dendro archon a flying fairy like Paimon? Just looking at the launcher and she seems to be about the same size. If she is, I don't see how she could possibly be playable. Also makes me think Paimon may be more powerful or important then we know.

Also, this pre-install is a lame feature. I've used it twice and and both times, I still end up having to wait for a long time for it to actually install.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2022-08-24 at 06:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit they finaly added more party slots: