Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    @Sammonoske That doesn’t quite make sense. I mean I see where you are coming from, but When you consider that Visage form is not simply a disguise, but part of a race of its own and part of the dual identity of the Dracthyr who are both dragon and humanoid.

This is not just a disguise, but their actual from.

This would be different from disguising as another race, which would only be out of combat.
    You keep saying shit you do not truly understand. Visage form /is/ a disguise. Dracthyr doesn't even have the ability to transform until after the intro is done. Have you actually read dragon lore? The main purpose of the visage is to integrate themselves into society to watch the mortal races and/or in the case of the corrupted flights to subvert it but once shit goes down, they all transform back to their true selves.

Do you see Dragonmen running around as humans? No
    Do you see Drakonid running around as humans? No
    Do you see Dragonspawn running around as humans? No

Dracthyr isn't even the first Humanoid Dragonkin and *none* of them have a perma-visage form or even one at all.

“Many ages have passed since we dragons first peered down from our roosts and watched the young mortal races begin to spread across Azeroth. As we saw their villages grow into cities, and their cities become kingdoms, the timeways told us that we must find a way to live alongside them. And so it was decided that we would each assume a form that would allow us to walk freely among their kind and see this world as they do.” - Alexstrasza

You turned every head in Stormwind with your arrival, $p. No doubt some citizens were more... amenable to your presence than others. In order to better commune with other races, we dragons adopt a mortal visage, like the one you see before you. Not only does it put allies at ease, but it makes passing through doorways considerably less disruptive. Clearly the essence of dragonkind flows through the dracthyr. I suspect you may share our ability to assume a visage. Walk with me. - Wrathion to Dracthyr

The false information you're tossing around about already pre-established lore is wild. Just stop. Say it how you really want to say it. You want another Elf/Human class and you're upset that you can't be Elf/Human. Elves already have an entire hero class dedicated to them let the others have something for once before making it yet another flavor of Elf because 5 different variants of Elves isn't enough. Your reasoning is so bad that I had the need to make an account here and stop lurking because it made my head roll.

I'm sure other people have suggested this but idk why they can't make a toggle for an option similar to DH eyebeam, it turns them into demon form for the duration of the spell animation and then reverts back to elf when it ends. Could do the same for evokers with spells where dragon form is required

For instance that one spell where they fly and breath fire over a distance, they could just turn into dragon form for the duration of it and then pop back into visage form when they land back on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I'm sure other people have suggested this but idk why they can't make a toggle for an option similar to DH eyebeam, it turns them into demon form for the duration of the spell animation and then reverts back to elf when it ends. Could do the same for evokers with spells where dragon form is required

For instance that one spell where they fly and breath fire over a distance, they could just turn into dragon form for the duration of it and then pop back into visage form when they land back on the ground
    Because they are a dragon, not an elf.

Quote Originally Posted by DatBoyHex View Post
    Yes and they could be a dragon for the duration of dragon-only abilities and their visage form while casting regular magical abilities (if the player chooses). I don't even particularly care about this but what's wrong with that?
    Last edited by gd8; 2022-08-19 at 02:17 AM.

Yes and they could be a dragon while casting dragon-only abilities and their visage form while casting regular magical abilities (if the player chooses). I don't even particularly care about this but what's wrong with that?
    Because you can't do the same with Druids (Bear/Cat) and you can't do the same with Worgen. It is part of the class and race fantasy; you are a dragon. Why would they want to fight in a form that is an illusion? A lesser form even when all their power lies with being what they are, a dragon.

Because you can't do the same with Druids (Bear/Cat) and you can't do the same with Worgen.
    Yet you can do it with demon hunters so how is any of that relevant? Also worgen have full transmog capabilities in their beast form so the two really aren't comparable, dracthyr is more of a highly customizable shapeshift than an actual race

It is part of the class and race fantasy; you are a dragon. Why would they want to fight in a form that is an illusion? A lesser form even when all their power lies with being what they are, a dragon.
    If their visage form is only an illusion, how is it lesser? They're still just as powerful in that form, it only changes how they appear to others
    Last edited by gd8; 2022-08-19 at 01:30 PM.

Seems really strange to see people demanding that the dragon race/class be given an option to not be, you know, a dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you can do it with demon hunters so how is any of that relevant? Also worgen have full transmog capabilities in their beast form so the two really aren't comparable, dracthyr is more of a highly customizable shapeshift than an actual race

If their visage form is only an illusion, how is it lesser? They're still just as powerful in that form, it only changes how they appear to others

I feel like the solution for people that don't like their forms is to simply not play as one of them. I used to hate the druid cat/bearform due to their terrible models before the WoD/Legion updates, but I never made any posts demanding that I be able to tank or play Feral as a night elf.

Instead I rolled a warrior and never looked back.

Because Demon Hunters aren't similar at all. Using DH as an example is no different from using Death Knight. Worgen has full xmog capabilities, yes but people still ask for fighting without triggering two forms.

Dracthyr is the race what are you even on about. They are Dragons first and w.e visage second and if we want to just say they are "shapeshift" then try tanking as a bear druid without going bear. Exactly.

It's lesser because they are getting rid of their draconian parts to appeal to mortal society without causing an issue. Every single fight with a dragon, they end up removing the visage. Last I checked we don't fight Onyxia or Neltharion in visage form as the final raid boss.

You keep saying shit you do not truly understand. Visage form /is/ a disguise. Dracthyr doesn't even have the ability to transform until after the intro is done. Have you actually read dragon lore? The main purpose of the visage is to integrate themselves into society to watch the mortal races and/or in the case of the corrupted flights to subvert it but once shit goes down, they all transform back to their true selves.

Do you see Dragonmen running around as humans? No
    Do you see Drakonid running around as humans? No
    Do you see Dragonspawn running around as humans? No

Dracthyr isn't even the first Humanoid Dragonkin and *none* of them have a perma-visage form or even one at all.

“Many ages have passed since we dragons first peered down from our roosts and watched the young mortal races begin to spread across Azeroth. As we saw their villages grow into cities, and their cities become kingdoms, the timeways told us that we must find a way to live alongside them. And so it was decided that we would each assume a form that would allow us to walk freely among their kind and see this world as they do.” - Alexstrasza

You turned every head in Stormwind with your arrival, $p. No doubt some citizens were more... amenable to your presence than others. In order to better commune with other races, we dragons adopt a mortal visage, like the one you see before you. Not only does it put allies at ease, but it makes passing through doorways considerably less disruptive. Clearly the essence of dragonkind flows through the dracthyr. I suspect you may share our ability to assume a visage. Walk with me. - Wrathion to Dracthyr

The false information you're tossing around about already pre-established lore is wild. Just stop. Say it how you really want to say it. You want another Elf/Human class and you're upset that you can't be Elf/Human. Elves already have an entire hero class dedicated to them let the others have something for once before making it yet another flavor of Elf because 5 different variants of Elves isn't enough. Your reasoning is so bad that I had the need to make an account here and stop lurking because it made my head roll.
    You didn't need to make a new toon to say this, we had this discussion before, you see it one way, I see it another. Dracthyr are dragon humanoid hybrids, or dragonkin - i.e. draconkic creations made fusing humanoids with dragons.

They aren't full dragons. It's why they don't grow into monster drakes... and their humanoid part actually allows their visage form to be more than a disguise. As evidenced by the visage form model being unique and not the exact same as other races, nor being changeable, and also being useable in combat. THis is the evidence that supports this.

Also just because their visage form is more than a disguise, doesn't mean they can't use it to disguise or take on a full disguise. We see Dracthyr disguised as a Nightborne in the quests, this Nightborne has no horns or dragon fieatures available on the Visage form, this is a disguise, not an alternative form.

This is why I think the dracthyr visage form is an alternate form first, that is more than a disguise as it would be for normal dragons. It can be used somewhat as a disguise to make the Dracthyr more acceptable amongst humanoid species, but I still think it's more than that for this part humanoid dragon race.

If you have nothing more to say than you said when we last discussed this, I will leave it here and not respond to a repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

IT is my hope that they do as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The visage form is not an elf, it's a unique model, and a unique race. You don't call Zandalari or Botanni a night elf do you = just because they share teh same skeleton.. they have different lore and features and are a totally different race.

You call Nightborne, night elves, because the lore puts them in that category, in that situation it's different because lore wise they are a subset. Just because the Dracthy r in it's vsiage form uses the male blood elf skeleton doesn't make it an elf.

If you have problems with that model, or the human model, take it up on topics about models but you should stop conflating the visage form with elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I would just like either:
    - a unique visage model (not belf male and human female with horns)
    - every available race with horns/scales
    And i'm assuming you're also willing to bankroll the extra artists to make all of that?

Visage form feels like a waste of ressources. Too much work that could have gone into races that actually see their character instead of some roleplay only form they could just have added to any existing race.

Agreed!! Would prefer Visage form -- hope they give them a straight posture option like orcs get, we have 3 blood elf-stance races rn and it breaks so many mog options..

they could even use demon hunter elf+wings for the animations that require them.. cmoooon blizz let us have fun

Quote Originally Posted by SausageBiscuits View Post
    Seems really strange to see people demanding that the dragon race/class be given an option to not be, you know, a dragon.
    There are many reasons for this, but if you observe it quite a lot, obviously it means it's not strange to them.

From a lore perspective: Dracthyr are a dragon hybrid race - dragon with humanoid, so it's not surprising they have this aspect and some people prefer that - it's in their lore, not everyone likes the dragon or dragon lore, but might like that this is somewhat part. However it is worth mentioning, that the lore is intentional, and sometimes things go a certain way to explain in-game decisions that are made from a business or game design perspective.

From a game design and play perspective - it makes perfect sense to have a dual form monster based race because by themselves, monster races are not very popular - you put in a lot of work for a niche group that wouldn't excite or buzz anywhere as much as you want, or have the impact you want. Some people are very excited by monsters, they are always a small proportion, this is why monster races are always given alongside non-monster ones. In the Dracthyr's case, they made them dual, this allows those who like humanoid races to play the race, and those who like monster races to play it too. Being able to stay long in the form of your choice appeals to both.

That monster lovers now start hating on humanoid lovers for preferring to be in humanoid form, is just players being argumentative and unwilling to understand anything outside their own sphere. At the end of the day, Dracthyr are both, and the race is currently appealing to both types of fans. Not all, there are monster lovers that hate the dragon form, and those that hate the visage form, Tha'ts also fine, though i'm sure a pity, however many also like either or both. This is why you have race choices, and why every now and then new races are given. Hopefully you like the new one, but the fact you are playing probably
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-08-19 at 06:24 PM.