Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about the big freaking sword in the planet which is what killed it in the first place.

But more simply, not sure about you, but every toon I know is a Murder Hobo and just lives in a tarven till they go out to kill something. So normal lives Bliz?

Honestly I don't like how disruptive this is for roleplayers.

I also really hope they address why Tyrande's not gone ahead and planted the seed yet. If she just sat around with the Renewal of her people for 3 years and did nothing, that's grounds for ousting her as leader, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Honestly I don't like how disruptive this is for roleplayers.

I also really hope they address why Tyrande's not gone ahead and planted the seed yet. If she just sat around with the Renewal of her people for 3 years and did nothing, that's grounds for ousting her as leader, really.
    We know next to nothing about the seed. Where are you planting it? Is it going to grow instantly into a giant city tree or will that take decades/centuries? Maybe taking a few years to actually consider what the best use of the seed is, is the proper direction.

Imagine ousting your leader because they give you a stable period to get your shit together after your entire life was burned down and many of your people murdered, rather than immediately going "yeah guys I know we just lost a city and are trying to come to grips with that, but I need you all to start building stuff for this new tree that you don't have any trauma towards at all".

Most of the Night Elves have been alive for 10,000 years. I really doubt any of them are getting impatient over not having a new tree to live in for a couple years.

-

I also sort of disagree with your roleplaying assessment. This is an opportunity to step foward in your characters narrative. What were they doing the past few years? How have they changed? Do they now have a kid? Has their kid grown up a bit? Anyone who just so happens to be in the middle of an on-going event--has several months before the time skip happens to resolve those storylines and the foreknowledge that the skip is going to happen. Or they can just resolve it during the skip, extended it to after the skip, or shunt the whole story to be taking place in the last few months post skip.

Really not at all an issue.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-08-19 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's 1, 5, 10, 100 years time skip. The story will still be shit, it's nowadays Blizzard after all.
    that’s the simple truth. at least for my taste. and this Danuser text already confirms it. if ppls think DF will be storywise even 1 inch better than SL… well, these ppls will experience huge disappointments with DF imo.

that company is on a cheap shit ride. and story has the pole position. i would not expect much.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-19 at 11:39 PM.

Cowards, baha. At least they know their capabilities.

This was a good opportunity to basically make some radical changes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    26, 30, 40 years since the Dark Portal. An interesting chronology The funny thing is that he didn’t say which year Legion occurred.
    so if I had to guess I would say that if MoP went for 2 years roughly then that would end it at 32, then you have WoD which didn't take any time at all. due to timey wimey shit we basically didn't take any time there out of the timeline. Legion attacks a few months later after Gul'dan gets his stuff together, that lasts for a year and then BfA goes from 33 to 35

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlance View Post
    What about the big freaking sword in the planet which is what killed it in the first place.
    The sword didn't kill the planet, it hurt the planet and we had a whole expansion about healing the damage it caused. I expect we'll slowly deal with the sword over time, as ripping it out would just make the sealed wound re-open and doom the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It can be justified to do again, but only if those updated zones would also be the relevant ones for the endgame content. Which is something they could do.
    That's a fair point.

It's probably still unlikely, simply because the appeal of revisiting old, redone zones is significantly lower than exploring entirely new zones. And if it's just side content like WQs or whatever that's again probably not worth the resources needed to do the rework.

It could happen, of course, but I don't think it will. I'd love to see it, but it's just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's 1, 5, 10, 100 years time skip. The story will still be shit, it's nowadays Blizzard after all.
    the story has always been shit,wc1 and 2 are proly the best story blizzard ever told,because it had almost none

- - - Updated - - -

But more simply, not sure about you, but every toon I know is a Murder Hobo and just lives in a tarven till they go out to kill something. So normal lives Bliz?
    i dont get this obsession with the damn sword,its HUGE,what do you want happening with it?it will proly always remain as a landmark of events,or maybe sargeras comes back and uses it to help against whatever bad guy the future will bring

Ye, wheres housing! how could our player characters ever live "normal" life without housing. :P

Pretty much all other MMO's have it but not WoW, probably because blizz devs think features cannot be maintained beyond their introductory expansion... everything must be scrapped everytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    We know next to nothing about the seed. Where are you planting it? Is it going to grow instantly into a giant city tree or will that take decades/centuries? Maybe taking a few years to actually consider what the best use of the seed is, is the proper direction.

Imagine ousting your leader because they give you a stable period to get your shit together after your entire life was burned down and many of your people murdered, rather than immediately going "yeah guys I know we just lost a city and are trying to come to grips with that, but I need you all to start building stuff for this new tree that you don't have any trauma towards at all".

Most of the Night Elves have been alive for 10,000 years. I really doubt any of them are getting impatient over not having a new tree to live in for a couple years.

-

I also sort of disagree with your roleplaying assessment. This is an opportunity to step foward in your characters narrative. What were they doing the past few years? How have they changed? Do they now have a kid? Has their kid grown up a bit? Anyone who just so happens to be in the middle of an on-going event--has several months before the time skip happens to resolve those storylines and the foreknowledge that the skip is going to happen. Or they can just resolve it during the skip, extended it to after the skip, or shunt the whole story to be taking place in the last few months post skip.

Really not at all an issue.
    Ysera speaks of a place long lost, a secret place (i.e. Dragon Isles), and to take the seed to her daughter who knows of the place. It is likely the seed would be planted there.

WE don't know what it will be. It looks a lot like the Arcan'dor in design though, I hope it would be even more special than the Ardenweald star tres - maybe something like the valinor moon tree from LOTR? Would their city be in the tree or the tree the centre of their new city.

Would be interesting to see the night elves' new home in the Dragon Isles instead - what would that mean for the race? And what sort of home would they get? Best of versions of all their stuff? I.e. best night elf city, best night elf forest and best night elf temple ever- wich emans a design superior to Suramar, Ardenweald and Cathedral of Eternal night. Or basically an improved textured version of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess my characters are homeless for three years, with nothing to do. Not like they would take the time to Build A House somewhere, to: settle down, retire, show off trophies, etc. Shame there wasn't an in-game reason to add a feature like player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by TJkroz View Post
    So I guess my characters are homeless for three years, with nothing to do. Not like they would take the time to Build A House somewhere, to: settle down, retire, show off trophies, etc. Shame there wasn't an in-game reason to add a feature like player housing.
    Could just stay in any inn in the world. I'm sure the citizens of Azeroth would be thankful to the person that's saved them countless times.

5 years between the start of SL to DF is kinda big, especially for characters like Thrall's son, who might as well use an adult model now.

Given that the events of Shadowlands took place over the course of two years, that leaves a few additional years that we are fast-forwarding through. Our purpose here is not to have a litany of events take place outside the game that you need to read about in a novel or other media to understand the state of the world. The goal of the fast-forward is to provide the people of Azeroth with a slice of “normal” life without a major threat looming over their heads.
    I really hope this is true, it annoys me when the story is told in other mediums instead of within the game.
    Books should only be used to expand on the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    The events of Shadowlands took 2 years? And there's supposed to be a 3 year gap between saving Azeroth from afterlife threats to dealing with Dragons and all Danuser wants to highlight is a 'singular joyous occasion' occurred other than 'normalcy' and doesn't want to suggest anything else is different because to him it's book fodder instead of something to represent in the game?

See this is why we call him a terrible writer, it took less than two years to rampage through the 'inescapable and treacherous' Maw, travel to a literal plane of creation and destroy his 'book defining villain' that has been planning and manipulating things behind the scenes (at least according to him) for over thousands of years and following that the most important thing he wishes to explore in a three year time jump is assumptively two thousand year old elves who met two expansions ago having a wedding despite the various issues that would arise from our discoveries in the Shadowlands, the use of portals for regular citizens to visit it over those two years, the unrest caused in the Alliance especially among humans after their king has been missing for nearly two years and a general who had been missing for longer suddenly thrust in charge, the Horde fallout over the end of the Warchief position and a frankly unstable council and not to mention the Sword still stabbing the planet.

Ah but don't forget you can enjoy the consolation prize that you can just imagine your character having done something for that three year break and enjoy that 'story content' instead. /sarcasm
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2022-08-20 at 01:35 AM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Expectation: Turalyon will be an interesting villain and good foil to Anduin.
    Reality: Turalyon will just die cause of old age, and throne will be served for Anduin like a mommy cake.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    5 years between the start of SL to DF is kinda big, especially for characters like Thrall's son, who might as well use an adult model now.
    Just try to imagine it! #fyoi

It's kind of irrelevant because nobody in game acknowledges the time in any way. Everything looks the same. Little Timmy is still running around Stormwind selling the same damn cat. I realize the can't update the zones to reflect the change, but a few mentions in the dialogue or seeing some of the main characters look older might help.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Aye so it was a 5 year timeskip, this was rumoured as far back as SL release and they made a massive stink that there was no timeskip, now look, exactly 5 years as the rumour said.

I'm shocked, are you shocked?