Page 10 of 179 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I don't think they are sincere and do not have good intentions.

Why a show on She-Hulk? Why a show on Ms. Marvel? Why a show or movie on Batgirl? Why not Catwoman? It would've had a much better chance at succeeding. I heard a Harley Quinn show might be starting up. That has the potential to be more popular. (if it is true) Strange choices were made. Why not a show featuring Rogue with Gambit? Or Emma Frost? Jean etc? (I know these characters all from same franchise but they did make a Ms. Marvel show) They act like they don't know what the audience is more likely to be receptive to. What about that Valkyrie girl from Thor Ragnarok? They knew she was popular so they brought it back for various movies... so they know. I don't care to hear about the planned flops or when a show with interesting female characters end up getting desecrated to garbage. (Tyrande for example with WoW. Don't even wish to see this character anymore either.) Witcher with Yennefer, Triss and Ciri.

This is how I feel about Dragonflight btw. I get an interesting female character and great topic of dragons.. that I have enjoyed and it gets cut short. Don't forget.. Abusive narrative of SLs funded. Teamwork narrative with Dragonflight not funded. They are not sincere and do not have good intentions and rather people want to actually believe it or not, no one is escaping abuse. No one.
    they have a plan for the X-Men, it is coming, give it time

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they have a plan for the X-Men, it is coming, give it time
    I have low expectations for it. Last movie was pretty awful.

Still doesn't explain why I get to read tons of articles of why a less popular choice incurred for many series. All I hear/read is negative news..cancellations or doesn't meet expectations or "bombed" out reviews. Again, so why choose Batgirl over Catwoman? Catwoman show or movie had potential to sit well with the audience due to the internet and its obsession with cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    S... so your complaint isn't that they're making shows with female leads, it's that they're not the female leads you personally want them to be about? And--somehow--this makes them "insincere" and lacking in "good intentions?"
    Um, I am able to question the choices that were made yes. I'm not allowed to state my feelings on the matter? Including what they have done to multiple favorable female characters in shows or videogames. They have a record of ruining them. One I forgot to mention was Daenerys that the audience was completely upset about. Worth mentioning because House of Dragons is coming out soon I guess. I will probably give that a watch compared to some shows that I feel like the choices didn't make much sense to begin with.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-08-20 at 02:18 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You’re right but that was because it was a Fox movie. Disney will do it a lot better. Same with F4

Catwoman show or movie had potential to sit well with the audience due to the internet and its obsession with cats?
    You do know, though, that Catwoman isn't REALLY about cats, right?

As for why they chose Batgirl... DC has a serious problem with Batman and Superman. They have a tendency to be myopic and warp all their products around one or the other (or both), and they haven't really tried hard enough to escape that.

10+ Year Old Account

Still doesn't explain why I get to read tons of articles of why a less popular choice incurred for many series. All I hear/read is negative news..cancellations or doesn't meet expectations or "bombed" out reviews. Again, so why choose Batgirl over Catwoman? Catwoman show or movie had potential to sit well with the audience due to the internet and its obsession with cats?
    Yeah, how could a project starring Catwoman fail to be amazing and successful?

The MCU blasted its way to some of the most-profitable films in history on the backs of absolute C-tier heroes like Iron Man and Thor. Marvel Studios got to use those characters because they were the characters nobody had wanted film rights to because they weren't that popular. They have no need to rush to do the X-men because they're already setting records with the characters they are choosing to make use of; there's very little room to improve over their current status quo, if any.

Um, I am able to question the choices that were made yes.
    I'm not allowed to state my feelings on the matter?
    Yes, you're allowed to state your opinions.

No, you're not entitled to have those opinions go without criticism, and it being an "opinion" does not make it immune from criticism or even just straight-up being wrong.

Including what they have done to multiple favorable female characters in shows or videogames. They have a record of ruining them. One I forgot to mention was Daenerys that the audience was completely upset about. Worth mentioning because House of Dragons is coming out soon I guess. I will probably give that a watch compared to some shows that I feel like the choices didn't make much sense to begin with.
    The only problem with Daenerys' finale in Game of Thrones was that they rushed it, and that applies to literally the whole season and literally every character. If you didn't know Daenerys was going to end by going nuts and torching everything to the ground by, like, Season 3 of the show, you weren't paying any attention at all to who Daenerys was. Her going mad and dragon-torching everything was foreshadowed basically from the start of her character onward, in nearly everything she did. It wasn't even a "twist"; they were telling you the whole time it was gonna happen, but some audience members kept telling themselves "Her? Evil? Naw, she's pretty and we get to see her boobs sometimes".

And in the MCU, there's plenty of amazing female characters who've gotten tons of acclaim. So I really don't know what you're even on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    We are talking about a guy with severe mental issues. He is not a reliable source on this topic, how could he be.

ESPECIALLY since he is Smart Hulk at this moment. He THINKS he is only Banner with the body of the Hulk, but we as the observers can see that he is behaving differently then a pure Banner.
    He's the one who claims he integrated both personalities. He's the one who clearly knows he hasn't. He's the one who considers himself Banner and the "Other Guy" as a completely separate persona, even when in his "integrated" persona. He's clearly lying and has instead repressed Hulk, likely against his wishes.

Why? Just watch Infinity War. It's almost definitely payback for that and the two years on Sakaar in which Hulk kept him repressed. His "no accidental transformations" gadget only reinforces that; he doesn't want to risk losing control and turning into Hulk instead of Smart Hulk if something unexpected happens. Else, why would he give a single solitary fuck if he transformed in an emergency/accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn
    Um, I am able to question the choices that were made yes. I'm not allowed to state my feelings on the matter? Including what they have done to multiple favorable female characters in shows or videogames. They have a record of ruining them.
    This isn't your personal blog. So yes, expect replies and criticism to your comments, especially when they're as goofy and pointless as those were.

And who exactly is "they" there? Keeping in mind that you're in an MCU thread talking about an MCU show and the MCU in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    What difference does it make how she got Bruce's blood? How would that change people wanting to get her in order to create their own hulks?

What wasn't "so smarTy" is that in the comics, Bruce Banner, a renowned scientist and expert in gamma radiation, knowingly donates his blood to his cousin...with really no idea what could happen to her...and then he just bails before doing any kind of tests to see if she's going to die of radiation poisoning or turn into a Hulk herself.
    Hulk has been in a fuckton of battles at this point. If a drop of blood can turn you there should be a vultureesque crew scouring the battlefield for drops of blood. That shit would be worth more then all that alien tech combined. Just imagine some crimelord using it on one of his flunkies. Even if he turns into some d-tier semi hulk like creature he's now got a supply of his own (albeit inferior blood) that he can then sell to lower level criminals. Half the underworld should be hulks at this point. If it requires more blood to change then it would explain why the whole world isn't hulks. Would be a cool what if episode though
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-08-20 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You do know, though, that Catwoman isn't REALLY about cats, right?

As for why they chose Batgirl... DC has a serious problem with Batman and Superman. They have a tendency to be myopic and warp all their products around one or the other (or both), and they haven't really tried hard enough to escape that.
    Batgirl is an awesome character though especially after she becomes Oracle although that timeline probably got rewritten by now. Hell she became a congresswoman at one point a lot of her stories tend to be more grounded and would make for a great TV show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    What difference does it make how she got Bruce's blood? How would that change people wanting to get her in order to create their own hulks?

What wasn't "so smarTy" is that in the comics, Bruce Banner, a renowned scientist and expert in gamma radiation, knowingly donates his blood to his cousin...with really no idea what could happen to her...and then he just bails before doing any kind of tests to see if she's going to die of radiation poisoning or turn into a Hulk herself.
    Because if coming in contact with a single drop of blood could make you into hulk there would be a bunch running around Hulk kind of tends to get in fights all over the place after all.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah that never made sense to me. the tv show way makes a lot more sense
    No it really doesn't. Also Bruce gives her blood because she is flat out going to die otherwise he would never do it in normal circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Batgirl is an awesome character though especially after she becomes Oracle although that timeline probably got rewritten by now. Hell she became a congresswoman at one point a lot of her stories tend to be more grounded and would make for a great TV show.
    I doubt the CW is big into grounded stories, though ;P

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Hulk has been in a fuckton of battles at this point. If a drop of blood can turn you there should be a vultureesque crew scouring the battlefield for drops of blood. That shit would be worth more then all that alien tech combined. Just imagine some crimelord using it on one of his flunkies. Even if he turns into some d-tier semi hulk like creature he's now got a supply of his own (albeit inferior blood) that he can then sell to lower level criminals. Half the underworld should be hulks at this point. If it requires more blood to change then it would explain why the whole world isn't hulks. Would be a cool what if episode though
    Bruce tells us in the episode that Jen got a lethal dose of Gamma from that drop and she would be dead if she didn’t have the same rare gene as Bruce, he also says that when people find out there’s another hulk that they are gonna hound her to find out how it happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if coming in contact with a single drop of blood could make you into hulk there would be a bunch running around Hulk kind of tends to get in fights all over the place after all.
    coming in contact with a drop of his blood kills any one without the same gene he and Jen has like we saw in the hulk movie with the Stan lee cameo which blew his cover.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

A drop of blood can't turn you...it can turn Jen...because she's his cousin. For anyone else that would have been lethal exposure.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.

- - - Updated - - -

No it really doesn't. Also Bruce gives her blood because she is flat out going to die otherwise he would never do it in normal circumstances.
    Given Bruce's stance on "better dead than Hulk"...it doesn't make sense that he would transfuse his blood either. It also doesn't make sense that afterward he wouldn't run any kind of tests on her to make sure he hasn't turned her into a hulk or just given her a lethal dose of radiation.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

thought I would kick this off since as I couldn't find a dedicated topic for it

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law IMDB

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer

solid intro episode IMO. make sure you watch past credits

once again it's sad that another tv series featuring a female superhero was review bombed on IMDB before it even came out. Like I get if people don't like it or it's not their thing but goddam you're going above and beyond to leave a negative review about something you haven't watched yet and probably won't watch because you don't like it.
    its why i dont take those sites reviews seriously anymore, because you got a bunch of racists/trolls with an agenda and theyll review bomb movies without watching them, both that and rotten tomatoes. sadly they have no sort of quality control to prevent

I'm pretty sure because of Hulk, Bruce is virtually invulnerable, ala superman. he mentioned that when he tried his suicide, big guy spit the bullet back out. Dude falls out of the sky into a building full of glass in Avengers and all he got from it are a few bruises, and that's with Hulk knocked out. my theory is the only reason he bled in that crush is becasue of his hulk suppressing gadget.

edited to add, personaly I do still read reviews. key point being READ reviews, not just look at scores. on multiple occasions, the very thing that annoyed or angered or whatever people is the selling point for me personaly. not the fact that it annoyed them, but rather the thing itself - for example I was shopping for air purifier and in reviews people complained that it was very loud. which for me is perfect, cause I need white noise to sleep, so it ended up functioning as both air purifier and white noise machine for me. but I digress - this same reasoning often applied to movies and TV shows for me. as long as there are reviews that actualy discuss the thing rather then silly oneliners like "worst show ever"
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-08-20 at 05:12 PM.

exactly, i think they made her visibly pleasing for screen. If I want to see buffed dudes I'll look at hulk. If there are fans who are into manly looking females, they can go enjoy their fetishes somewhere else, this is made for main stream and she is female so she isn't gonna look like a dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    1> That blood would outright kill 99.9999% of people it came into contact with.
    2> Hulk generally doesn't get hit hard enough to overcome his healing factor enough to actually bleed. He gets knocked out, he doesn't get cut open. It only happened in the show because A> he was Banner, and B> he was wearing a device he'd designed specifically to prevent him shifting. And the fact that an accident put people, including his cousin, at that kind of risk is probably exactly why he's walking around as Smart Hulk the rest of the show and not trying to get the device working again. Too much of a threat.
    3> In the comics there's, like, a lot of Hulks. Because this shit doesn't stay bottled up forever.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm pretty sure because of Hulk, Bruce is virtually invulnerable, ala superman. he mentioned that when he tried his suicide, big guy spit the bullet back out. Dude falls out of the sky into a building full of glass in Avengers and all he got from it are a few bruises, and that's with Hulk knocked out. my theory is the only reason he bled in that crush is becasue of his hulk suppressing gadget.
    we see Bruce get a cut in his solo movie as well when he was only doing meditation to keep the hulk in check.

For the most part it’s likely like the comics where any major injury leads to the hulks healing factor kicking in to one degree or another which leads to him being fine but it’s not always on by default so small thing can get through.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The MCU blasted its way to some of the most-profitable films in history on the backs of absolute C-tier heroes like Iron Man and Thor.
    You are delusional if you think its success because of characters like "Iron Man" and "Thor", its all work of marvelous actors Robert Downey +Chris Hemsworth. just you wait until they they gonna replace all these cool and sexy actors with random unexperienced kids, best hit gonna be to show how Bruce Banner dies and gets replaced by Amadeus Cho, or when Groot gonna stop saying "I AM GROOT" and Vin Diesel gonna start talking about family while swaping almost all members of guardians, bye Gamora + bye Drax +bye racoon.

Worst thing that Captain America is main face of Avengers in almost any comic book story, you can't just replace him with another guy who don't acts like goofy grandpa and who wasn't at WW2, it means they about to re-write any story they wanting to tell next, and for now best choice it would be Captain America from future, girl that was injected with same exactly serum like original Captain America, but to pull it off would be hard af.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

He also splurt out a massive amount of blood in Thor: Ragnarok when the Fenris Wolf bit into him just before the waterfall scene.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    show is okay. 5/10. there are way better marvel series/movies than this one. maybe im just getting burned out on them. just hasnt kept my interest like wandavision and moonknight.
    funny, i like hulk better than moon knight, wanda vision was a bit weird and honestly i preferred hawkeye over wandavision. I guess everyone has their own weird tastes. I also know very few people would agree with me on my choices

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    You are delusional if you think its success because of characters like "Iron Man" and "Thor", its all work of marvelous actors Robert Downey +Chris Hemsworth. just you wait until they they gonna replace all these cool and sexy actors with random unexperienced kids, best hit gonna be to show how Bruce Banner dies and gets replaced by Amadeus Cho, or when Groot gonna stop saying "I AM GROOT" and Vin Diesel gonna start talking about family while swaping almost all members of guardians, bye Gamora + bye Drax +bye racoon..
    What, you mean like those flops featuring no-name actors in Black Panther, Shang-Chi, and Spider-Man?

Nailed it again.