Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Blizzard finally understood the value of casual players having more access to gear.

I'd like to give credit to developers for finally getting in sync with casual player base. Couple things (among other) that stands out.

• Tier set forge
    • Uncapped valor S4

These and other few good changes indicates that Blizzard finally understands that removing previously existing briers is a good thing. What can casual player do with more gear?

• Stay subscribed.
    • Go do solo older content.
    • Join mythic plus groups.
    • Engage in activities that has power limits (brawlers guild, etc)
    • Have more motivation in general to engage in current content including raiding.

And because power rocks, player can finally do whatever they want with it. It feels good to be powerful rather than memeing around like a scrub.

Surprised this isn't a WoWIsDead64 thread.

But yes, giving more players more things to do is a good thing. An MMO sandbox needs to be actually that. A theme park if you will.

I agree that "casuals" should have easier access to better(not the best) gear.

That doesn't hurt anyone. As long as it is not as rng as fucking titanforging/warforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Surprised this isn't a WoWIsDead64 thread.

Don't tell him. He will have 1 less complaint to spam the website with nonstop with horrible takes.

tier set forge (and dinars) is very nice, but i haven't heard of it being in dragonflight, let alone a permanent idea going forward. (not that ive looked)
    uncapped valor is just for the "end of expansion fun" period.

also keep in mind that most decisions regarding DF were probably set in stone BEFORE they made that tier set forge. so yeah i'm not really expecting blizz to have learned much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I'd like to give credit to developers for finally getting in sync with casual player base. Couple things (among other) that stands out.

• Tier set forge
    • Uncapped valor S4

These and other few good changes indicates that Blizzard finally understands that removing previously existing briers is a good thing. What can casual player do with more gear?

• Stay subscribed.
    • Have more motivation in general to engage in current content including raiding.

And because power rocks, player can finally do whatever they want with it. It feels good to be powerful rather than memeing around like a scrub.
    M+ is not casual content. You have to take the game pretty seriously to engage in any premade group content.

Also, every end of expansion patch gives away free gear, if casual gearing is there from the start then we can talk.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2022-08-21 at 04:34 PM.

Now imagine if this season also gave us something fun like corruption. I dont like mythic+ etc, but even I did freehold +15 end of BFA because it got so easy to do it with 70% crit chance or more.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Now imagine if this season also gave us something fun like corruption. I dont like mythic+ etc, but even I did freehold +15 end of BFA because it got so easy to do it with 70% crit chance or more.
    This is what the seasonal affix does, my man!

Can finish dungeons with insane secondary values

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    This is what the seasonal affix does, my man!

Can finish dungeons with insane secondary values
    And this is how out of the loop I am. Still corruption was a lot of fun, blizzard should just take more risk, do some whacky goofy shit, but they are to corporate spreadsheet designing as we all know.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post

• Tier set forge
    • Uncapped valor S4

• Stay subscribed.

I don't think, that these things alone are enough evidence, that Blizzard have finally understood value of casual players.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    But in true Blizzard fashion it was too late and they'll probably forget all about casuals again come DF.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Bring back the loot drop rates to where they were pre shadowlands. My 15 man were all casuals STRUGGLING to clear castle Nat because of lack of gear and they are all far to busy to spam M+. We have never not gotten AOTC on a tier. I had to get my AOTC with my CE friend group. If they do that so i dont have to run M+ (which i cant be bothered to do) for extra gear, ill resub and play. If there isnt an equal alternative that wont have me playing the game 8+ hours a week like pre shadowlands then im out, maybe for good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    You have to take the game pretty seriously to engage in any premade group content.
    No you don't. You could get M+8 gear from Zerith Mortis. The lower keys are pretty much run the dungeon as you would a heroic. The only thing you do differently is no looting. Low M+ was definitely "casual" content in Shadowlands.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can make all of the steps they need to make into the right directions in order to show that they have "seen the light" and try to make efforts to "right the wrongs" when it comes game design... it will not be good enough to the vocal majority.

As all of this pertains to casual players always having a problem with having to actually play the game they whine incessantly about, no steps Blizzard can take will ever be good enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No you don't. You could get M+8 gear from Zerith Mortis. The lower keys are pretty much run the dungeon as you would a heroic. The only thing you do differently is no looting. Low M+ was definitely "casual" content in Shadowlands.
    And ZM was there in 9.0 and 9.1?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    And ZM was there in 9.0 and 9.1?
    You still didn't need to take the game pretty seriously to engage in low keys in 9.0 and 9.1. I don't understand why people keep trying make low M+ out to be some insurmountable hurdle. If you can run a Heroic without stopping and without wiping then a low key is very doable.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

inb4 "that's not real casual content"

edit: too late
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-08-21 at 05:46 PM. Reason: whoops

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

Casuals will never agree with each other one what is considered "real" casual content that they would actually want to play. Then... they argue amongst themselves and accuse each other of not being a "real" casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

I don't think he (WowIsDead64, I assume) was saying this isn't casual content.

I think he was saying this isn't evidence that Blizzard understands the value ... (etc.)

Personally, I've seen Blizzard ostensibly cater to casuals, only to walk that back. I'd need evidence that their hearts are in it. For example, they might do a soul searching retrospective full of mea culpas about how they treated the casuals, and grovel for them to come back. These changes? Wholey insufficient.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2022-08-21 at 08:46 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Blizzard can make all of the steps they need to make into the right directions in order to show that they have "seen the light" and try to make efforts to "right the wrongs" when it comes game design... it will not be good enough to the vocal majority.

As all of this pertains to casual players always having a problem with having to actually play the game they whine incessantly about, no steps Blizzard can take will ever be good enough for them.
    That's not just casuals, the whining of raiders when they consider anything outside raids "mandatory" is deafening, same with PvP-ers...

That's what makes developing and maintaining WoW such a daunting task in my view, they have three playerbases (Probably with subcategories, too), who want viable lines of progression purely from "Their" part of the game.