While she is clearly a terrible person i am still sad she did not live long enough to change her horrific views.

1+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight.

A bunch of "terrorists" somehow outsmarted the KGB, who is supposed to keep on eye on this guy day and night, and managed to plant a bomb in his car. Like, not even a surprise attack like a sniper or something, just out right planting a bomb in the supposed view of the KGB agents.

Hmm...sounds almost as strange as a bunch of terrorists using boxcutters to highjack several commercial airplanes and crash them into buildings.

OOOOORRRRR, more likely, Putin just had enough of this guy who advised him to invade Ukraine and put him in a giant mess that he can't back out of now, so he decided to fire him the Russian way, but his daughter changed cars and accidentally got killed instead of the real target.

And of course, now the Russian media will blame Saddam Hus...I mean Vladimir Zelensky, in order to motivate Russians to support Putin's invasion of Iraq...I mean Ukraine. Totally original, totally not done before. *cough* *cough*
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-08-21 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    An inside job of a third party is more plausible. I mean, Ruskies shown to be incompetent af, but could Ukrainians really rig a car o a high profile VIP in the middle of Moscow?
    Could? Yes.
    Would? No.
    Nobody gonna burn a valuable cell for something like that. Dugin is far less important then some people make him to be. He is just old jackass spewing propaganda of hurranationalism with sprinkle of misticism on top of it. He holds zero value for ukies to kill.
    On the other hand being on of putins favourites, makes him perfect target to send a message. A message that wind starts blowing in other direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Could? Yes.
    Would? No.
    Nobody gonna burn a valuable cell for something like that. Dugin is far less important then some people make him to be. He is just old jackass spewing propaganda of hurranationalism with sprinkle of misticism on top of it. He holds zero value for ukies to kill.
    On the other hand being on of putins favourites, makes him perfect target to send a message. A message that wind starts blowing in other direction.
    You mean other forces in the Kremlin? Not impossible. A crime boss who can't protect his own is usually in deep doo doo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Could? Yes.
    Would? No.
    You know, war crimes and genocides often start with people like Dugin, who spew their dehumanizing crap unchecked for years. He basically created in the 90s all the fucked up propaganda Putler and the crew keep spouting this year, AKA the invasion "reasons" Russian citizens are being fed. Chief propagandist is not a trivial target, and his fiery demise could put fear into his peers, who often feel safe, because "hey, we are not the ones who give orders/pull triggers".
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-21 at 06:08 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

You know, war crimes and genocides often start with people like Dugin, who spew their dehumanizing crap unchecked for years. He basically created in the 90s all the fucked up propaganda Putler and the crew keep spouting this year, AKA the invasion "reasons" Russian citizens are being fed. Chief propagandist is not a trivial target, and his fiery demise could put fear into his peers, who often feel safe, because "hey, we are not the ones who give orders/pull triggers".
    The thing is, Dugin isn't really a propagandist, certainly not a chief one. You literally hear more about him in the Western media space than in Russian one. He is an ideologist. But his ideology already spread from him to people who actually matter and can disseminate it to a wider audience than some old man who gives philosophy lectures. He isn't really that important nowadays.

dugins allegedly in hospital after suffering a heart attack. Avoid the windows buddy.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    dugins allegedly in hospital after suffering a heart attack. Avoid the windows buddy.
    He just tripped and fell in a heart attack.

Usual stuff in Russia.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-08-21 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    First russian I hear of who actually cares about his family members instead of offing them at slightest inconvenience.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-08-21 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    First russian I hear of who actually cares about his family members instead of offing them at slightest inconvenience.
    They're weird though, from what I hear fathers are supposed to be doting on daughters and assholes to sons. But that could just be myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    They're weird though, from what I hear fathers are supposed to be doting on daughters and assholes to sons. But that could just be myths.
    Well, at this rate there's gonna be at least 1 father less in Russia, given the main target of the car bomb still lives. Plus any young fathers genociding Ukraine.

I am full glad that regardless of who is wanting this Dugin dead, Russia is crumbling from inside. Brings me tears of joy when I see russian posters making propaganda shit on all image websites on the internet, desperately trying to convince their fragile selves that its Russia who is winning. But then paid trolls are a reality, even here on MMO-C.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I am full glad that regardless of who is wanting this Dugin dead, Russia is crumbling from inside. Brings me tears of joy when I see russian posters making propaganda shit on all image websites on the internet, desperately trying to convince their fragile selves that its Russia who is winning. But then paid trolls are a reality, even here on MMO-C.
    Well, it seems we finally got rid of the most notorious one.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    You mean other forces in the Kremlin? Not impossible. A crime boss who can't protect his own is usually in deep doo doo.
    Apparently its russian "resistance" who performed that attack. I have my doubts, then again who exactly is said "resistance" is very open to dispute. Wouldnt be surprised if it had alot of former...and current military members.

He is still completely not worth it for Ukraine. Keep in mind that Ukies need all sympathy from the world they can muster. They not gonna squander it by blowing civilian cars left and right, especially not for petty revenge on some old fuck.
    Nah, its far more symbolic, a message from specific people to specific people.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Russia is probably one of the few actual shithole countries on earth. Glad Ukraine is able to show Russia that their dreams of being a superpower once again will NEVER come to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Russia is probably one of the few actual shithole countries on earth. Glad Ukraine is able to show Russia that their dreams of being a superpower once again will NEVER come to be.
    If Russia had taken their prodigious amounts of capital, both human and resource, and directed it towards modernization and accountability and invested in leadership that saw a future of Russia distinct from its failed soviet predecessor, then they might have been.

Instead they chose a system of cronyism, suppression and corruption that funneled all of that human and resource capital into the private luxuries of an extreme few and demands that everyone else be small, meek and accepting of their face lest they face potentially brutal consequences.

And now all that's biting them in the ass, as it's become apparent that even their previously-vaunted military was simply a husk sucked dry by those private luxuries and any and all accountability dissolved. It's just a shame so many people have had to die to demonstrate that to the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it seems we finally got rid of the most notorious one.
    I don't even know what he'd post about anymore. He always seemed to post claiming one of three things:
    1) Russia's economy is strong, it's the rest of the world that will suffer
    2) Russia is making strong inroads in Ukraine
    3) Russia strikes with impunity, and its resolve is unshakable.

Whereas an even fleeting glance at the current situation reveals:

1) The Russian economy is in clear dire straits, oil sales or not. Companies have deserted Russia, it's defaulted on its debts, and skilled workers are leaving in droves.
    2) All of their progress has basically come to a complete standstill and they face an impending counteroffensive in Kherson
    3) Areas within Russia and Russian controlled areas are facing more and more audacious and direct attacks, and Russia has begun to run scared out of Crimea.

(None of the war crimes committed by Russia ever seemed to concern him, which is why I did not note them)

Though you can see that they still skulk around, unable to post. I imagine a lot of that is looking at this thread, probably reading this post.

His ultimate sort of point seemed to be "No matter how much Russia suffers, Ukraine and others will suffer more!"

So let me say to him, and all of the "Russia strong" posters we've lost along the way:

If, at the end of all of this, Ukraine still stands (which looks more and more likely with every day Russia loses men to a meat grinder, accomplishing nothing) then the United States and the EU will be happy to pay to help rebuild them. And while they wont be able to replace the Ukrainian children kidnapped into some tragic fate in Russia, or replace all of the brave Ukrainian defenders killed or civilians murdered, they will be able to help those that survived, remained, and endured rebuild Ukraine into a modernized nation sympathetic to the hegemony of western powers right on a neutered Russia's doorstep.

And nobody is going to pay to rebuild you. The men you sent to die pointlessly. The equipment destroyed beyond repair. The image you had worked so long to cultivate that was dashed so, so quickly. Well, maybe China will pay, but if they start doing that you'd best start learning Mandarin, because as far as China will be concerned you'll be their newest vassal state. You'll have given your country over to interests that wouldn't even stand beside you and fight or give you any actual aid, because they didn't want to risk pissing off the people giving your enemies weapons to blow up your forces. They deemed your military efforts and the lives of your soldiers worth less than their partnership of assembling iPhones for dumb American slobs.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-08-21 at 10:35 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ukraine claims 9000 Ukrainian soldiers killed.

I must admit that I'm having some doubts, but if this is true then the discrepancy between defenders killed and invaders killed is rapidly approaching Winter War levels...(if not already exceeding)

The FSB has claimed they have 'solved' the assassination of Dugina already. And gosh darn it, it was a Ukrainian woman and member of the Azov regiment who went to Moscow with her 12 year old daughter, blew up Dugina and then escaped to Estonia afterwards. No doubt she was a SIMS 3 player as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The FSB has claimed they have 'solved' the assassination of Dugina already. And gosh darn it, it was a Ukrainian woman and member of the Azov regiment who went to Moscow with her 12 year old daughter, blew up Dugina and then escaped to Estonia afterwards. No doubt she was a SIMS 3 player as well.
    Which means FSB was powerless to stop a VIP car bombing in Moscow. Not a good look.

5+ Year Old Account
    Is it weird that I dream about a spaceship bombing Russia into oblivion every other night?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Is it weird that I dream about a spaceship bombing Russia into oblivion every other night?
    The whole country does need to be dissolved and disarmed, that's for sure. However, Ruskies who are willing to live in peace should be evacuated, and the land turned into wildlife refuge or something. Ship the unwilling to greenland or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.