https://twitter.com/playnewworld/sta...61053374169096

Yo, musical instruments and it's a rhythm game built into the game? Fuck, I'm gonna have to pick this game back up again.

https://youtu.be/Pw2kFyDYGL4

- - - Updated - - -

Never played this game, and burned out on WoW until Dragonflight release.

Is this worth getting into?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    https://youtu.be/Pw2kFyDYGL4

- - - Updated - - -

Never played this game, and burned out on WoW until Dragonflight release.

Is this worth getting into?
    It's decent. You can play largely solo and its a one-time buy. If you enjoy exploring and light questing, there are at least a few hundred hours for $30.

Considering debilitating nature of skill shot based games in general. Some target support would be much appreciated addition to this game. Could also be that I only have few hours clocked in, and having close to zero in masteries, and attributes is what probably hindering my experience at the moment. Must continue to investigate it further.

Does this game receive any content updates?

10+ Year Old Account
    its pretty much dead. on EU, where it had the biggest playerbase at launch, now has like 6-7 servers in total
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Does this game receive any content updates?
    Yes, every few months it seems to get new stuff. New endgame dungeon variants, updated/improved PvP modes, it got a whole music rhythm minigame, new weapon additions etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, every few months it seems to get new stuff. New endgame dungeon variants, updated/improved PvP modes, it got a whole music rhythm minigame, new weapon additions etc.
    r u lvl 60 yet?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

A lot of people in my WoW guild were really hyped for New World before it launched, and now no one is playing it anymore. I mean, I know they log in once in a while, because I'll see them on my Discord friend's list but never for very long. New World is now like that alcoholic uncle that lives in a trailer, travelling around the country and checks in once or twice a year to let you know he hasn't died of alcohol poisoning yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    r u lvl 60 yet?
    Nope, haven't come back to the game in a while but do keep an eye on it and want to finish leveling up and whatnot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played the heck out of NW when it first released and it was amazing. Now I only come back whenever a new weapon gets released but there is nothing major holding / drawing me towards it.
    If one were to play with a static group / have friends NW could be pretty fun I guess.

Edit: Also I dont like PvP
    Last edited by Ochinko; 2022-08-21 at 04:50 PM. Reason: PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Not lvl60, doesn't play anymore, but advocates it as a great game that is alive and well.
    As I said months ago, paid mole here.
    I am level 60, I play here & there to craft/gather or just run around the game world. I still think it is a fun game and worth playing for the asking price.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730#48h

Doesn't have the game without players. I personally still see other adventures all over the world when I play. YMMV based on region, servers and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    A lot of people in my WoW guild were really hyped for New World before it launched, and now no one is playing it anymore. I mean, I know they log in once in a while, because I'll see them on my Discord friend's list but never for very long. New World is now like that alcoholic uncle that lives in a trailer, travelling around the country and checks in once or twice a year to let you know he hasn't died of alcohol poisoning yet.
    It was a cool looking world with an interesting setting. The problem is they focused on the PVP and player run economy stuff and not on actually telling interesting stories. It was fun to run around in for a couple weeks and then felt like work. At least that was my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am level 60, I play here & there to craft/gather or just run around the game world. I still think it is a fun game and worth playing for the asking price.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730#48h

Doesn't have the game without players. I personally still see other adventures all over the world when I play. YMMV based on region, servers and so on.
    I mean after they basically merged 95% of all servers into a handful, that's not a huge surprise.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope I don't get slapped for resurrecting this thread, but seems AGS have been actively pulling their heads out their own butts and developing the game, with quite a lot of content and improvements. They even released the expansion, and that for free too (which to be fair is partly deserved for the amount of bugs and downtime the game had due to duping and what not).

Anyone picking this back up? They're creating fresh start servers on 2nd November, and a few of my friends and I will be rolling on one of them.

I've been seriously considering it, because I really enjoyed the combat. Also I heard they're working on a transmog system to add relatively soon, which is a huge plus for me. I'll see...

been checking it out. it's still a buggy broken mess but somehow, it's very easy to get sucked in and have fun.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was planning on going back and check what I missed since past December
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Picked it up on steam sale, have not got off the beach yet (shipwreck area) be interesting to see how it goes.