Poll: Which one do you think will be the end-game boss of Dragonflight?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    So they never said it then? You're just assuming. Also yes they imprisoned them because of the destruction Y'shaarj caused with his death but where in the lore does it ever say they knew he could one day return?
    They did say it. Wtf are you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Q: Third Chronicles have information about Old Gods. Every Old God, except N'Zoth, have been beaten, but not "killed". It is true? Are Old Gods like C'Thun or Yogg-Saron still alive?

AA: I would say we should consider them dead. However as with all things in World of Warcraft and the Warcraft's universe dead isn't always dead. If there was a coming of forth of the Old Gods or herald of the Old Gods come down from the great dark-- I can see that easily happening. Not saying that happening, I'm just saying death isn't the end of the line in World of Warcraft, and it really never has been. I think that's kind of been from your character to the world around you. There is a cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news/are-old...d-r-wow-296046

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    What would be really original is to have either Sabelian or Wrathion as last boss. Basically the one who didn't get to be the leader of the black dragonflight becomes the end boss, but with a twist.

Players who sided with Sabellian will see Wrathion, and players who sided with Wrathion will see Sabellian. The boss will have the same mechanics regardless, but the players in the raid will see and hear the opposite character, depending on who they sided with.
    That's a really neat idea but do we really want ANOTHER BLack Dragon BBEG?

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I imagine of the three it will probably be Galakrond.

Chromatus never had a huge impact on WoW itself, since he was only ever in a book and I don't think he's ever been brought up in the game proper.

Murozond we know the circumstances of his death, so if he's the "final" boss of the expansion it would end with him escaping so we can kill him in the End Times later (earlier?), which wouldn't feel good to not get to bump off an expansion's main baddie (side-eyes Garrosh).

Galakrond is something that's known of in-game, talked about a fair deal, and is a thematic existential threat to everything, not just the dragons, so his return, however they do it, would set him up best as the final boss.
    Murozond dying in End Times was a scenario that happened if Deathwing won. We know we'll fight Murozond in the future and kill him, but it'll be in a different manner.

I'm gonna throw Azshara out there.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SR84 View Post
    I'm gonna throw Azshara out there.
    Nah, Azshara is done being a boss. If we ever meet her again, it will be under friendlier terms.

I hope it is not a huge dragon again... galakrond is so boring and we had Murozond allready.
    Chromatus... maybe.

Seriously though what do people expect from Galakrond? It is a huge ass dragon, bigger than Deathwing. How would the fight be? Another stupid spinf of deathwing fight? God please don't... Where would he suddenly come from? It is not like blizz tends to just ressurect big ass monsters willy nilly.

Even bringing Ysera back takes the death of azeroths most powerfull mortal. I don't say it is not possible... just... very unlikly.

I think it will go more into elemental direction maybe a new elemental dragon type like the ones we have seen on the PTR. Maybe Wrathion so they don't hjave to adress warthion/anduin anymore^^

ALso f** tiemtraveldragons. Just... don't... will never make sense ot end in a satisfying way without plotholes.

A dragon as last boss of a dragon theme expansion? I'm gonna go with Void Lord Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Would be cool if the final encounter wasn't a boss fight.
    I agree. Wouldn't mind something like defeating a bunch of mobs and activating something that brings even greater peace and success without the presence and defeat of a existential or high level threat involved. maybe bringing back the aspect powers and immortality in dragons and elves or healing azeroth by pulling out the sword
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That sounds an awful lot like a "LFR bad" post with not much else of substance. You don't even explain why LFR existing is a negative result of this, and other than that just say "lot of problems" with no clear indication of what you're talking about.

Not like having completely disconnected raids would be better.
    LFR existing is a negative result because it took away any drive to see the story from non-raiders that encouraged them to improve or look for others to play with to see it. Now you just queue, auto attack, and read the dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    LFR existing is a negative result because it took away any drive to see the story from non-raiders that encouraged them to improve or look for others to play with to see it. Now you just queue, auto attack, and read the dialogue.
    Which didn't exist before LFR either, so nothing was actually lost. Before, they simply didn't see the story firsthand.

Wrathion or Jaina blizzard really likes corruption if you haven't noticed.

- - - Updated - - -

Which didn't exist before LFR either, so nothing was actually lost. Before, they simply didn't see the story firsthand.
    That's not true at all

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    That's not true at all
    It's literally why they made it. Only a tiny fraction of the playerbase ever saw the raids before that.

It's literally why they made it. Only a tiny fraction of the playerbase ever saw the raids before that.
    Only a tiny fraction saw the original naxx which was largely because it was released very shortly before bc and the gear reset was announced. A ton of people saw Kara/ZA hell there were pugs up through BT in BC on major servers. This was before alts were anywhere near as easy to gear up most of these pugs would be mains that just didn't raid with a guild for w/e reason. A ton of people did normal mode raiding before LFR was even a thing as well. If you didn't actually play back then you can just say that but there were pugs all the time.

Only a tiny fraction saw the original naxx which was largely because it was released very shortly before bc and the gear reset was announced. A ton of people saw Kara/ZA hell there were pugs up through BT in BC on major servers. This was before alts were anywhere near as easy to gear up most of these pugs would be mains that just didn't raid with a guild for w/e reason. A ton of people did normal mode raiding before LFR was even a thing as well. If you didn't actually play back then you can just say that but there were pugs all the time.
    That "ton of people" is the tiny fraction in question. You're vastly overestimating how big a fraction of the playerbase it was.

That "ton of people" is the tiny fraction in question. You're vastly overestimating how big a fraction of the playerbase it was.
    You are vastly underestimating.

It's not going to be Murozond, he's a mid tier boss at best. I'd prefer it be Chromatus because Galakrond is twice the size of deathwing and spine was zero fun.

It would be cool if they had a good guy turn evil. Maybe khadgar turns into a death mage? Or what if they had a horde leader turn evil.

You are vastly underestimating.
    While I don't agree with "tiny fraction" the estimates for raid participation outside LFR at their most generous have pointed at 20% and usually hover just above 10%, judging by armory data. So the argument that LFR pays for raids pretty much still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I don't agree with "tiny fraction" the estimates for raid participation outside LFR at their most generous have pointed at 20% and usually hover just above 10%, judging by armory data. So the argument that LFR pays for raids pretty much still stands.
    Or, for that matter, that most people would just never enter the raids otherwise.

Dreadlord jaina. With special help from returned from shadowlands malfurion.