Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    What worries me is that Golden has been working with Danuser for some years now (2017 I believe), and since that moment BfA and Shadowlands happened. The worst expansions story and narrative wise by far, especially Shadowlands, which is an atrocity against Warcraft's lore.
    There’s a difference between trying to be clever and actually being clever. Writing in Shadowlands was a fantastic illustration of that difference.

I don't enjoy Golden's writing because everytime it's making feel like if I were reading a poorly written fanfiction including romances that bring nothing of interest (sometimes the romance telling is the interesting thing to tell but with Golden that is never the case). Comparing A Good War and Elegy, you just do not understand how both could be released when the one written by Golden is so weak compared to Brooks' work. War Crime was pure fanfiction nonsense, hey what if baine was a lawyer and what if we could have a trial with only leaders of the horde and the alliance as jury and prosecutor? oh and let's not forget to make a mention on how it's difficult for jaina and kalec to find love as one of them has a dragon penis... sure thing Golden...

And some people praise her over Knaak? I'd rather have crazy spells that could extinguish the world cast left and right in Knaak's depiction than suffer Golden's anduin fetish or dragon penis issues

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    What reaction? I did miss that. And I agree, definitively Danuser is not doing a good job for the moment.
    When the Sylvanas cinematics leaked, she tweeted she had no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    And some people praise her over Knaak? I'd rather have crazy spells that could extinguish the world cast left and right in Knaak's depiction than suffer Golden's anduin fetish or dragon penis issues
    Hey dragon dicks are serious business. That's how we got Drachtyr!

I get what you are saying I just think the reason Golden's writing is a problem is the narrative direction of warcraft being character-centric instead of world-centric. She does a decent job with world building without creating issues for the world at large. Meanwhile Knaak just reminds me of greenhorn "epic" GMs who think the way to do a campaign is to have every encounter be world ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey dragon dicks are serious business. That's how we got Drachtyr!
    haha very true! I should be a bit more careful before criticising

There's a hashtag on Twitter by the name of #MightOfNightElves and it's a bunch of really cool art of Night Elf OC's. The more I scroll down and look at it the happier it makes me but at the same time it's also depressing.

Why Blizzard....

So what are you guys hoping to see in tonight's Alpha build?

Here's the obvious, I guess:

- Demon Hunter talents.
    - Final two dungeons.
    - Raid testing.
    - Any remaining professions specializations.
    - Additions to the HUD update.

Here's what I'm hoping for on top of that:

- MUSIC!
    - Surprise, Survival now has dual-wield!
    - Alpha is now Beta, get a key as a Twitch drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post

- Demon Hunter talents.
    - Final two dungeons.
    - Raid testing.

- MUSIC!
    I think that's way too hopeful but it would be nice.

I mean I'd fully expect start of beta to coincide with a massive invite wave and then be followed within a week with an onslaught of promotional competitions to get keys.

I mean I'd fully expect start of beta to coincide with a massive invite wave and then be followed within a week with an onslaught of promotional competitions to get keys.
    Were there many ways to get beta keys for Shadowlands and BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Pretty sure there were? Every last local site and streamer seems to get a bunch. If you don't get in by Blizzard, hunt for them and get that google translate working!

Pretty sure there were? Every last local site and streamer seems to get a bunch. If you don't get in by Blizzard, hunt for them and get that google translate working!
    Fair, last time I got into beta was WoD and I got a key for me and 2 friends from a website I can't even remember.

Also, sad we didn't get alpha club signatures this time around, I wanted a new sig.

I'm assuming that beta hits next week
    We get Final talent tree tomorrow
    Final dungeons
    The renown reward system fully implemented with rewards

Next week
    Beta
    Big invite wave
    Raid testing announcement
    Many talent revamps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I played piano and sung for SL only to get blessed by rng
    Then I entered like 5 Twitter competitions
    Ended up with 1 invite via sending them my battletag
    3 "keys" I gave to guildies
    Then got flagged by blizzard so I had 2 betas on my launcher one of which I still have

- Demon Hunter talents.
    - Final two dungeons.
    - Raid testing.

- MUSIC!
    DH talent trees. The only class they can't just bring old stuff back so they have to create a lot of new things - unless they just make the talent tree full of passive stat buffs which would be... pretty lame.

I'm hoping for a return of the Glaive gameplay from Legion and maybe a build that's focused on Chaos magic. But we'll see. Demon Hunter is definitely the most bare bones class out of all so it's quite a task.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I'm assuming that beta hits next week
    We get Final talent tree tomorrow
    Final dungeons
    The renown reward system fully implemented with rewards

Next week
    Beta
    Big invite wave
    Raid testing announcement
    Many talent revamps

- - - Updated - - -

I played piano and sung for SL only to get blessed by rng
    Then I entered like 5 Twitter competitions
    Ended up with 1 invite via sending them my battletag
    3 "keys" I gave to guildies
    Then got flagged by blizzard so I had 2 betas on my launcher one of which I still have
    Don't know if they're going to launch WotLK Classic pre patch and DF beta the same week. I doubt it. I'd rather see DF mid September, in the middle between WotLK Classic pre patch and launch.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

To be frank, I've gotten in at least two betas with keys some friend here handed me in a DM.
    Though the best was WoD Alpha were I got in by Blizzard the night before I had to present myself to the army (mandatory service). I still played a bit of Frostfire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Love the Consumption change. Warlock is one my most played alts and I am going to enjoy Demo in DF for sure.

7+ Year Old Account

- Demon Hunter talents.
    - Final two dungeons.
    - Raid testing.

- MUSIC!
    Raid testing will be done in late beta, and even than we hopefully won't get all bosses as they already said they would possible do it the same way they did Sepulcher testing.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Raid testing will be done in late beta, and even than we hopefully won't get all bosses as they already said they would possible do it the same way they did Sepulcher testing.
    So we'll get madly over tuned bossed that wall even RWF raisers?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So we'll get madly over tuned bossed that wall even RWF raisers?
    Nope. Blizz explicitly said that they give up and wont be trying to challenge WF raiders any more. Also, last three were actually tuned well, according to raiders. It was Halondrus and 2nd final boss Anduin combined with everything else.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Nope. Blizz explicitly said that they give up and wont be trying to challenge WF raiders any more. Also, last three were actually tuned well, according to raiders. It was Halondrus and 2nd final boss Anduin combined with everything else.
    We might see it, but likely just in Mythic, and even probably just with the last few bosses. I imagine Blizzard might be aiming for RWF being difficult by virtue of the bosses being completely untested on the PTR to ensure raiders need to adapt on the fly, rather than being difficult by just adding more mechanics to ensure raiders are still challenged with full knowledge.

Heroic is the difficulty I am the most concerned about. Mythic raiders are a tiny amount of the story layer population, whereas NM and HC are a fairly substantial amount, and the difficulty for those players is likely where Blizzard took the biggest hit.
    The world revamp dream will never die!