Is new alpha build today?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    So what are you guys hoping to see in tonight's Alpha build?

- Surprise, Survival now has dual-wield!
    Oh man, I'd kill for dual-wield Survival. Love the spec, but I dislike that most (all?) melee hunter NPC's like Rexxar/Nathanos/Tyrande dual wield and I can't emulate that on my character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Well ya but those aren’t the only two options blizzard should have copy’s of all The work they have published so even if they don’t have a build data base they would be better off just going through relevant works instead of going through wowpedia where they are gonna get a lot of incorrect info and then have to go through all the same works any way and pick out what parts were added by fans.
    At the very least, you know what parts to consult. It really feels like some of the modern output was created without even knowing that some of the older stuff exists at all. And to be fair, this has always been an issue.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    At the very least, you know what parts to consult. It really feels like some of the modern output was created without even knowing that some of the older stuff exists at all. And to be fair, this has always been an issue.
    It could be used for “these story’s exist” even if they aren't represented correctly that’s true.

Though I’d blizzard doesn’t even have a in house reading list man that would be bad.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be used for “these story’s exist” even if they aren't represented correctly that’s true.

Though I’d blizzard doesn’t even have a in house reading list man that would be bad.
    I won't name names, as I find that to be in poor taste, but they do indeed have a "Head of Lore" position at Blizzard with "historians" as staff. Perhaps I overstated my argument when I said this stuff doesn't exist. I'm sure it does. I just wonder how closely it matches the actual product delivered, and how accurate it is overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That's so weird. I remember being there when they had the legion cafe .... without blizzard I wouldn't have got tickets for gamescom in the first place.
    Only reason they were there back then was because they needed to announce Legion and waiting till Blizzcon was too long.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I won't name names, as I find that to be in poor taste, but they do indeed have a "Head of Lore" position at Blizzard with "historians" as staff. Perhaps I overstated my argument when I said this stuff doesn't exist. I'm sure it does. I just wonder how closely it matches the actual product delivered, and how accurate it is overall.
    Totally forgot that they had a “historian”, though I wouldn’t actually be surprised if they did there job really well and they did have a great data base but then people higher then them just don’t check it, or do check it and just don’t care.

A lot of shadowlands feels like it’s stuff they couldn’t have possibly missed so instead they just ignored it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    So what are you guys hoping to see in tonight's Alpha build?

Here's the obvious, I guess:

- Demon Hunter talents.
    - Final two dungeons.
    - Raid testing.
    - Any remaining professions specializations.
    - Additions to the HUD update.

Here's what I'm hoping for on top of that:

- MUSIC!
    - Surprise, Survival now has dual-wield!
    - Alpha is now Beta, get a key as a Twitch drop.
    1.) People shutting up about lore, claiming they know more than Blizzard will ever will
    2.) DH talents/skills
    3.) Beta announcement (I don't see that happening though)
    4.) Some form of end game testing so we know what to expect (will it be more like ZM, or more like the covenant zones with boring WQ's)

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally forgot that they had a “historian”, though I wouldn’t actually be surprised if they did there job really well and they did have a great data base but then people higher then them just don’t check it, or do check it and just don’t care.

A lot of shadowlands feels like it’s stuff they couldn’t have possibly missed so instead they just ignored it.
    I can definitely relate to that a little too well.

I think these are two different departments. They do have an archival department with "historians" that archives the history of the company and handles material related to it. They were a very busy department for Blizzcon. Besides that, they did have a head of lore. Did they actually listen to them? Doubt it. Elder scrolls has a head of lore and you can see how busy they are.

Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    Is new alpha build today?
    Not today I've heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realms are still online so, seems to not be today

My bet:
    They preparing beta for next week, so small patch this week maybe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    How weird...
    What's weird? Last week patch was also not on Tuesday. Delays happen every PTR.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It'll probably be every wednesday from now on because of last week's delay. They want equal amount of time to pass between phases, they won't do 1 day less just to go back to Tuesday schedule.

5+ Year Old Account
    NeW bUiLD ToDaY?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    NeW bUiLD ToDaY?
    Well, now it's definitely not going to happen. Good job jinxing it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Max just said tomorrow morning, so yup.

When will they do something with druid tree? Holy shit other classes get constant updates and druid has got absolutely nothing. The disparity is insane.