Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not sure if that genre have steady population.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Not sure if that genre have steady population.
    all depends on the game.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I can see a Blizzard survival game being a big hit. Their entire catalogue is taking an existing game genre and refining and polishing a gem of a game out of it. The survival genre is so full of jank, minecraft is still probably the king. Blizz could take the crown.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    I can see a Blizzard survival game being a big hit. Their entire catalogue is taking an existing game genre and refining and polishing a gem of a game out of it. The survival genre is so full of jank, minecraft is still probably the king. Blizz could take the crown.
    Minecraft (over ten years old at this point) and Ark (over five years old) are still the kings of the genre.

Im really curious about this game AND i want to see Blizzard possibly having a major hit...its been a while.
    Absolutely want to see Blizzard strive again.
    Big hopes for this.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    the game has received the codename of Odyssey. Game is confirmed to be an entirely new IP. Think a fantasy version of ARK or FO76.

1+ Year Old Account
    Survival game. NO, THANKS!

All yours, guys.

While I cannot argue against how popular they are, I have had enough of battle-royale and survival games to last me a lifetime. GL HF.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As always nowadays, Blizzard is couple years too slow for yet another genre of vidya games.

It feels like Blizzard is becoming / has become the Internet Explorer of game genres, always coming way too late to the party.

LEAKS information:

Meh. You play one survival game, you played them all. 90% of gameplay is smashing rock or cutting trees. Super fun shit.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Meh. You play one survival game, you played them all. 90% of gameplay is smashing rock or cutting trees. Super fun shit.
    Hmmm, don't seem to need to farm trees or rocks in minecraft, you can automate that shit

I really can't think of interesting survival game...
    Maybe it would be better if it was just action game

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I really can't think of interesting survival game...
    Maybe it would be better if it was just action game
    Ark
    7d2d
    Icarus
    minecraft
    Dayz
    terraria

Maybe if you don't like survival games don't try changing it for those of us that do.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Got an urge to replay Last Odyssey for some reason..

There have been like 100 survival games and only a handful of good ones:
    Oregon trail, Minecraft, terraria, No Man's Sky, and maybe V Rising but I probably only got 30 hrs in before my comp broke so I can't be sure. Ark is terrible and should be called shit dropping simulator since you shit like 50 times an in game day and Rust is like they took Arks pre alpha with two animals in it and released it. Given Blizzards drop in quality I'm not sure I have any faith in them anymore but I'm sure it will be at least at Arks level of quality( which isn't saying much) if it's a rust/ark style of survival game. Highly doubt they will be able to pull off a Minecraft though.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    There have been like 100 survival games and only a handful of good ones:
    Oregon trail, Minecraft, terraria, No Man's Sky, and maybe V Rising but I probably only got 30 hrs in before my comp broke so I can't be sure. Ark is terrible and should be called shit dropping simulator since you shit like 50 times an in game day and Rust is like they took Arks pre alpha with two animals in it and released it. Given Blizzards drop in quality I'm not sure I have any faith in them anymore but I'm sure it will be at least at Arks level of quality( which isn't saying much) if it's a rust/ark style of survival game. Highly doubt they will be able to pull off a Minecraft though.
    The only game that you mentioned that would be classified as a survival game is v rising. No offense but this leads me to believe you aren’t one to judge survival games if you don’t even know how to classify them.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    The only game that you mentioned that would be classified as a survival game is v rising. No offense but this leads me to believe you aren’t one to judge survival games if you don’t even know how to classify them.
    Literally all those are survival games.... Not sure what definition ur using but it's wrong https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_survival_games
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-08-23 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    Ark and Rust are honestly the two flagship games of the genre. NMS is really more like survival-lite exploration, but that's more on it's poor, shallow design than a genre misclassification. Minecraft's being a survival game really comes down to the approach of the player/server/what mods are being used, but it's certainly in the genre.

I'd say the only game that really doesn't belong on that list is Terraria, which isn't really much of a survival game, just a game with the lightest hints of survival elements, like base building and darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ark and Rust are honestly the two flagship games of the genre. NMS is really more like survival-lite exploration, but that's more on it's poor, shallow design than a genre misclassification. Minecraft's being a survival game really comes down to the approach of the player/server/what mods are being used, but it's certainly in the genre.

I'd say the only game that really doesn't belong on that list is Terraria, which isn't really much of a survival game, just a game with the lightest hints of survival elements, like base building and darkness.
    I was talking about the games he said that were good, I wouldn’t classify them as survival just because they have some hints of survival aspects. Like just because duck hunt has a shooting aspect to it I wouldn’t call it an fps, I’d call it a simulation game.