7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    I wonder when they're going to release the equivalent of the afterlives cinematics for dragonflight. Bastion was released in august, so we should be pretty close.
    Month before pre-patch, to promote it.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    NeW bUiLD ToDaY?

I wonder when they're going to release the equivalent of the afterlives cinematics for dragonflight. Bastion was released in august, so we should be pretty close.
    I guess that they are doing one for each flight. All of them could be interesting but definitively the Bronze Dragonflight has more saucy stuff going on, really looking forward to see how Nozdormu's mind deals with his inevitable outcome.

All of the afterlives were ok, but the Bastion one was miles above the rest IMO (we did not know how bad SL will be back then ), I excpect something similar in DF with the Bronze one being very interesting.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably next month, I'd think. Shadowlands was initially going to be released in October, so we'd in theory be a month behind that schedule for marketing pieces if the leaked Nov 28th release date is correct.

After playing through Warlords, I’ll never understand how people could call shadowlands bad. If y’all think Shadowlands is bad.. Sheeeeeeesh. Shadowlands was good. Dragonflight gonna be even better. I’m excited to mess around with the new flight mechanics. Going through all my toons and getting their bags/bank ready for DF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    After playing through Warlords, I’ll never understand how people could call shadowlands bad. If y’all think Shadowlands is bad.. Sheeeeeeesh. Shadowlands was good. Dragonflight gonna be even better. I’m excited to mess around with the new flight mechanics. Going through all my toons and getting their bags/bank ready for DF!!
    I mean they both suffer from the same problem of shit content schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    WoD still has, IMO, the best leveling questing experience and the best continent in WoW's history. All zones are magnificent.

Of course story wise it was ridiculous, and again they made the expansion without thinking in the consequences. I still remember a lot of discussion back then about how the fuck the Legion of that world knew our Azerothian heroes, and they came with that shit that the Legion was one across all universes.

Still, it was easier to pull than SL and it could have been an amazing expansion and even a good story, but they just abandoned it.

SL is better as an expansion, but for me it feels worse overall. I actually enjoyed WoD quite a lot. And story-wise, SL basically killed Warcraft lore, and the mere existence of the Shadowlands has by far more long reaching consequences than WoD.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-08-24 at 05:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I mean they both suffer from the same problem of shit content schedule.
    WoD didn't have such awful draught periods and general aesthetics were much better.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    WoD didn't have such awful draught periods and general aesthetics were much better.
    WoD did have drought all xpac. It was before M+ and dungeons rewarded nothing. The xpac also had only 3 raids too.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It had a far worse drought if you didn’t raid you got nothing but garrison invasions and fill the bar daily’s until 6.2 and even then all you got was a another zone to do more fill the bar daily’s.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    WoD did have drought all xpac. It was before M+ and dungeons rewarded nothing. The xpac also had only 3 raids too.
    Wod got off easy then having to deal with a global pandemic affecting their workforce.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    WoD still has, IMO, the best leveling questing experience and the best continent in WoW's history. All zones are magnificent.

Of course story wise it was ridiculous, and again they made the expansion without thinking in the consequences. I still remember a lot of discussion back then about how the fuck the Legion of that world knew our Azerothian heroes, and they came with that shit that the Legion was one across all universes.

Still, it was easier to pull than SL and it could have been an amazing expansion and even a good story, but they just abandoned it.

SL is better as an expansion, but for me it feels worse overall. I actually enjoyed WoD quite a lot. And story-wise, SL basically killed Warcraft lore, and the mere existence of the Shadowlands has by far more long reaching consequences than WoD.
    People that think WoD's story was overly bad just didn't understand the lore of the universe.
    Alternate timelines have always been a thing that just kind fizzled out over time. There not being multiple Legions makes plenty of sense too, because the Nether is another plane. If there's infinite Sargerases across time, why wouldn't there be infinite Norgannons seeing this fact and stopping them? It would be incredibly stupid to have beings of this power existing in multiple instances.

People are just too smallminded and don't comprehend stuff. WoD's story was acceptable, and better than SL for the fact that it didn't shitcan all previous lore and soft-reboot the universe like SL did.

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    People that think WoD's story was overly bad just didn't understand the lore of the universe.
    Alternate timelines have always been a thing that just kind fizzled out over time. There not being multiple Legions makes plenty of sense too, because the Nether is another plane. If there's infinite Sargerases across time, why wouldn't there be infinite Norgannons seeing this fact and stopping them? It would be incredibly stupid to have beings of this power existing in multiple instances.

People are just too smallminded and don't comprehend stuff. WoD's story was acceptable, and better than SL for the fact that it didn't shitcan all previous lore and soft-reboot the universe like SL did.
    Completely agree with your last paragraph, not so much with the first. One Legion for all universes was at the time an excuse as they did not think about that or definitively that was how it looked. IMO it makes no sense. The Legion would then be invencible or irrelevant.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-08-24 at 06:33 PM.

Completely agree with your last paragraph, not so much with the first. One Legion for all universes was at the time an excuse as they did not think about that or definitively that was how it looked. IMO it makes no sense. The Legion would then be invencible or irrelevant.
    You have to understand that there isn't multiple universes. Only specific moments within the universe, happening at multiple times, then fading from existence.
    It makes sense the magical planes don't really experience this phenomena. They're infinite planes of a specific magical nature. There's infinite demons, but the Legion was never ALL demons, only what Sargeras had bound to his control.

The single Legion across infinite universes is absurd on so many levels. Just consider how it makes any sense that Mannoroth resurrected, then went back to Draenor to die again. Is this happening infinite times across the multiverse? What about when he gets resurrected by Gul'dan? Does he have to take some time away from his busy being killed schedule to get resurrected?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The single Legion across infinite universes is absurd on so many levels. Just consider how it makes any sense that Mannoroth resurrected, then went back to Draenor to die again. Is this happening infinite times across the multiverse? What about when he gets resurrected by Gul'dan? Does he have to take some time away from his busy being killed schedule to get resurrected?
    It’s kinda explained in the illidan novel that the legion shows up when ever there is a time line created to destroy it If the bronze dragons don’t get to it first as they are dimensions which are small on there own when compared to the real great dark and aren’t an actual full universe.

So pretty much archamound and manneroth wanted a do over of kil’jaden’s plan to see if they could get more assets instead of just destroying them, which kinda worked with Gul’dan.

Of course none of this is reflected in game because it’s likely something they came up with afterwords to explain why it made no sense.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-08-24 at 06:59 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    You have to understand that there isn't multiple universes. Only specific moments within the universe, happening at multiple times, then fading from existence.
    It makes sense the magical planes don't really experience this phenomena. They're infinite planes of a specific magical nature. There's infinite demons, but the Legion was never ALL demons, only what Sargeras had bound to his control.
    I think that it was in ''Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects'', were they deal a little bit with alternative timelines, calling our line the true line, if I recall correctly, very much in line with Marvel's movies multiverse. And I do not know about specific moments within the universe, as for example the Draenei of WoD came from Argus, so there is a story there, another planet, and hence probably another entire universe. In fact I am pretty sure that Blizzard will double down on this multiverse, some datamined DF scenarios point in this direction, plus they could take the chance to make a reset after DF with a world revamp, for example:

''Oh no, Azeroth is going to be born and she is corrupted !! Let's do some weird time magic to go back to Azeroth when it was only one continent !! Only you, heroes, will recall what happened and why we have to do this, change the past so we can save Azeroth in the future !!''.

Like this only our planet will be affected and no our universe, so they can keep exploring the cosmos whenever they want in the point that we left it. But meh, a lot of trouble if they do something like that, probably they would make a mess like SL.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-08-24 at 07:06 PM.

Is the ptr still up?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wod got off easy then having to deal with a global pandemic affecting their workforce.
    Are you maybe mistaking WoD with another xpac? WoD was 2014

I think that it was in ''Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects'', were they deal a little bit with alternative timelines, calling our line the true line, if I recall correctly, very much in line with Marvel's movies multiverse. And I do not know about specific moments within the universe, as for example the Draenei of WoD came from Argus, so there is a story there, another planet, and hence probably another entire universe. In fact I am pretty sure that Blizzard will double down on this multiverse, some datamined DF scenarios point in this direction, plus they could take the chance to make a reset after DF with a world revamp.
    They have thankfully actually solidified the fact that there is only ONE universe, and all the other AU's are little spinups in time that just fade away eventually if left unaltered by the main universe.
    One decent contribution to the lore from Mr. Anuser, I guess.