Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wod got off easy then having to deal with a global pandemic affecting their workforce.
    Are you maybe mistaking WoD with another xpac? WoD was 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I think that it was in ''Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects'', were they deal a little bit with alternative timelines, calling our line the true line, if I recall correctly, very much in line with Marvel's movies multiverse. And I do not know about specific moments within the universe, as for example the Draenei of WoD came from Argus, so there is a story there, another planet, and hence probably another entire universe. In fact I am pretty sure that Blizzard will double down on this multiverse, some datamined DF scenarios point in this direction, plus they could take the chance to make a reset after DF with a world revamp.
    They have thankfully actually solidified the fact that there is only ONE universe, and all the other AU's are little spinups in time that just fade away eventually if left unaltered by the main universe.
    One decent contribution to the lore from Mr. Anuser, I guess.

When it comes to WoD, it was the first expansion to make me actually unsub. I had been subbed straight since launch but WoD burnt me out hard.

Legion was similar actually, though I returned for Argus.

Shadowlands I've remained, at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    Is the ptr still up?
    Retail PTR? I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    They have thankfully actually solidified the fact that there is only ONE universe, and all the other AU's are little spinups in time that just fade away eventually if left unaltered by the main universe.
    One decent contribution to the lore from Mr. Anuser, I guess.
    Sounds like a lame excuse made up by Blizzard to not think too much in the mess that they did with WoD, so I take your word for it. But calling WoD a small spinup in time when it at least had thousands of years of history and implies various planets and travelling seems fucked up. WoD had different things than our Draenor, or different relations between characters, so it could not be a focused moment of our universe that went a little different, it has years and years of events.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Basically the timeline of WoD was was just a what-if that wouldn't had happened if Kairoz didn't use the gateway to there. By entering that realm (and through other bronze dragon shenanigans) they connected it to the Main Universe, and through that became a part of "reality".

Sounds like a lame excuse made up by Blizzard to not think too much in the mess that they did with WoD, so I take your word for it. But calling WoD a small spinup in time when it at least had thousands of years of history and implies various planets and travelling seems fucked up. WoD had different things than our Draenor, or different relations between characters, so it could not be a focused moment of our universe that went a little different, it has years and years of events.
    It had what the people within it thought were years. But they aren't even real people, they're a branch off from their main universe counterpart. The WoD Draenei's memories of Argus are real, but they didn't actually experience it. Kairoz found this one little spin up and solidified it with his and Garrosh's actions. That timeline existed for 30-something years because of Garrosh.
    Last edited by unfunnymeme; 2022-08-24 at 07:39 PM.

You do realise it had been going on for decades before we went there?

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    It had what the people within it thought were years. But they aren't even real people, they're a branch off from their main universe counterpart. The WoD Draenei's memories of Argus are real, but they didn't actually experience it. Kairoz found this one little spin up and solidified it with his and Garrosh's actions. That timeline existed for 30-something years because of Garrosh.
    Do not know man, I think that we are speculating here. The fact is that WoD's Draenor still exists, and probably a whole universe with it. Hopefully they will address some of this in DF.

You do realise it had been going on for decades before we went there?
    What do you mean? WoD's Draenor? That is what I am saying.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

WoD is a a different universe, and just that. We didn't even time travel, really, because it is a different universe. It doesn't matter if it still exists, because it isn't relevant anymore, and the main universe and the WoD universe aren't linked anymore.

The only thing that is vaguely confusing about WoD is the logistics of "There is only one Burning Legion", because it kinda doesn't make sense in terms of the Draenei fleeing to Draenor.

The Knaak series of books are way more offensive in terms of timetraveling, yet people jerk his shitty "literature" off whenever they can.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-08-24 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    WoD is a a different universe, and just that. We didn't even time travel, really, because it is a different universe. It doesn't matter if it still exists, because it isn't relevant anymore, and the main universe and the WoD universe aren't linked anymore.

The only thing that is vaguely confusing about WoD is the logistics of "There is only one Burning Legion", because it kinda doesn't make sense in terms of the Draenei fleeing to Draenor.

The Knaak series of books are way more offensive in terms of timetraveling, yet people jerk his shitty "literature" off whenever they can.
    They are linked, the gateway just isn't open anymore. Xe'ra somehow getting in touch with the Draenei there implies they're still part of the main reality, time is just distorted there due to bronze dragon shenanigans.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if it still exists, because it isn't relevant anymore
    It set up an antagonistic and actively conquering Naaru army and forceful Light conversion, Draenors orc refugees are literally a horde AR.
    Yrel and her army coming to Azeroth is a popular topic of discussion and is brought up everytime anything related to the Light is brought up.

AU Draenor is very much still relevant, whether people like it or not.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account

It kinda is, or rather, it will be, when we will eventually get Light expansion. Yrel with LF Garrosh will defo be there, and they will bring others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It set up an antagonistic and actively conquering Naaru army and forceful Light conversion, Draenors orc refugees are literally a horde AR.
    Yrel and her army coming to Azeroth is a popular topic of discussion and is brought up everytime a topic of anything related to the Light is brought up.

AU Draenor is very much still relevant, whether people like it or not.
    Ye, I member people spazing out, when they saw Maghar AR quest line. Like srsly, is it bad story telling, seeing Yrel w/o Velen guidance being misled and used by the Naaru?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Yeah, the characters are still relevant, but AU Draenor absolutely isn't.

Even then, Yrel is a completely new character anyway, so it's not like they bring "dead" characters back to live.

Likewise, I highly doubt a Light Garrosh will show up considering he literally just gets mentioned in an offhand comment.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-08-24 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye, I member people spazing out, when they saw Maghar AR quest line. Like srsly, is it bad story telling, seeing Yrel w/o Velen guidance being misled and used by the Naaru?

Maybe it is but I find it a very stupid direction to go but it may be already too late to change that anyways so I'm just going with the punches.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No build today?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the characters are still relevant, but AU Draenor absolutely isn't.
    Now this is just pointless semantics.

Really stupid pointless semantics when its very much up in the air whether Draenor - the location- will ever be revisited or not.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    No build today?
    Would be odd to say the least...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    No build today?
    There were some NPCs added to Wowhead's database, including the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling for some reason. Nothing major yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Now this is just pointless semantics.

Really stupid pointless semantics when its very much up in the air whether Draenor - the location- will ever be revisited or not.
    Is it though?

The problem people have with WoD was "how confusing" it was, which doesn't matter, because the plot thread that was left hanging deals with a character that does not exist in our universe.