Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was hoping they would expand on Torghast-like tech. Like I know it sucked being forced to farm these for necessary items like legendaries, but after tuning/improvements were done and it became mostly optional I really enjoyed doing it for the challenge and to get the achievements/mounts/transmog.

If delivered differently I think it could make a nice hit, especially with good aesthetics of an expansion like Dragonflight instead of the current dark metal jailey areas that all look mostly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Lack of new things to do maybe. All we know about Dragonflight is that it's more dungeons, more raids and more zones. And that might not be enough for people to play it. The interesting hook or new mechanic / gameplay is missing. And I doubt that they have kept this a secret until now.
    The interesting hook is they REMOVED the shitty mechanics/gameplay. More isn't always better. I.e. borrowed power. But I guess I mainly just pvp anyway.
    Last edited by Bandit446; 2022-08-10 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleEscalation View Post
    It's a new WoW expansion. There's probably couple of new dungeons and a raid. That'll do it for me.
    Wow man, I totally believe that you are a legit long term WoW player that has no influence from ActiBlizz to type this.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong on all counts. There wasn't an uproar. There was a vocal minority who complained. They didn't change them because they realized you were right. They changed it right as the story went from the player aligning with one covenant and helping them to all covenants coming together to work as one. You and the vocal minority were not right and the community was not acting as a collective.

Absolutely hilarious that players are taking credit for the change and claiming that made them right when the changes align perfectly with the story.
    Clearly, something said by a handful of people on MMOC means the opinion must be held by most players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Wow man, I totally believe that you are a legit long term WoW player that has no influence from ActiBlizz to type this.
    Just as much influence as you've had from blizz. The difference seems to be they lack unrealistic expectations and a free ticket on the hate-fueled bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit446 View Post
    The interesting hook is they REMOVED the shitty mechanics/gameplay. More isn't always better. I.e. borrowed power. But I guess I mainly just pvp anyway.
    This isn't necessarily about borrowed power, it's about lack of something like Garrisons, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions, Warfronts or Torghast. Dragonflight is the only expansion since Cataclysm that completely lacks a new gameplay / content mode. I know how mixed the reception for all of these features was, but to not give us anything at all is clearly not the solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I mean, Dragonriding is literally the biggest new mechanic an expansion has introduced since vehicle tech in Wrath. It might not be "interesting" to you but to say there isn't a new mechanic or gameplay and that DF is only about "dungeons raids and zones" is objectively false.
    Dragonriding at its core is still just glorified flying with bonuses and restrictions. Hardly innovative.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Sometimes all people want is more of the thing they enjoy. If someone plays WoW because they enjoy raiding then all the really want is more fun raids. Everything else is window dressing.
    And some people are not looking for lots and lots of features. They will happily raid and then log off with nothing else that needs doing because they enjoy playing other games besides WoW.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    Seriously? lmao...

In related topics, please check out the forum posts "What did you think of the year 2024?", and "How did you feel the day you died?", and also "What did you you think of the lunch you ate tomorrow?"
    Ahahaha, exactly my thoughts.
    But that’s the mentality of the average player nowadays sadly. It’s more hilarious on reddit.

“I hate 2024!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This isn't necessarily about borrowed power, it's about lack of something like Garrisons, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions, Warfronts or Torghast. Dragonflight is the only expansion since Cataclysm that completely lacks a new gameplay / content mode. I know how mixed the reception for all of these features was, but to not give us anything at all is clearly not the solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragonriding at its core is still just glorified flying with bonuses and restrictions. Hardly innovative.
    There is the fact to that the large portion of the community that is generally happy with dungeons an raids are just getting fewer of them...

Reused content isn't a substitute for new content.

I don't know what kind of influence you've had, but I didn't think my expectations were wildly controversial. The game has been around for a long time and expansions/content patches seem to follow the same formula. Don't know why anyone would expect that to change at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

First day on these forums, eh?

Because that's all this place is.

Haha I wish, mate.

Let me just wish you a very nice day, my dude <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I was hoping they would expand on Torghast-like tech. Like I know it sucked being forced to farm these for necessary items like legendaries, but after tuning/improvements were done and it became mostly optional I really enjoyed doing it for the challenge and to get the achievements/mounts/transmog.

If delivered differently I think it could make a nice hit, especially with good aesthetics of an expansion like Dragonflight instead of the current dark metal jailey areas that all look mostly the same.
    I think they're going a big mistake with not going forward with Torghast-like content. Just don't make it mandatory, add some toys/skins/tabards and a a few mounts for the deep divers of that content. Make it in caverns of time so that they can make maps based in any region/world/time with any type of enemy they want.

Guild Wars 2 released on Steam yesterday, and I thought "let's give it a try" while Shadowlands downtime is setting in. Just the free version is miles ahead of anything WoW came up with for the past 3 expansions. And then I saw you have real mounts, with different skills, no reskinned shit that you press W to go to point A to B. And then I saw dragon riding in dragonflight, it's just another quest minigame where you press 1,2,3. At this point I don't know if it's engine technical limits, or just lazy uninspired design, and at this point I don't really care. Not going back to WoW

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleEscalation View Post
    It's a new WoW expansion. There's probably couple of new dungeons and a raid. That'll do it for me.
    I was going to say - WoW has had this "problem" where almost every expansion it feels like they try to make a new game or set of new classes with revamps. At this point why not just make it the same game, with new/more content?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I always wonder about this. Is it so difficult to just refuse to watch any spoilers for a game you might be excited for? It's just not a problem I've ever had. I came in late in 9.0 patch and didn't know really anything about the xpac and just learned by playing. I still know next to nothing about Elden Ring since I haven't had a good chance to sit down and play it and it's been out for months with some of the streamers I like watching playing nothing but Elden Ring for months.
    And be at a huge disadvantage from everyone else who does read about everything before launch.
    Imagine if life really was fair, and all the bad things that happen to you happen because you deserved them.

Agreed! I agree with Blizzard going back to the talent tree system, but there is little to nothing different being included in these talent trees. It is literally the same abilities that each class has had since Legion just put into a talent tree. I was looking for these talent trees to add new abilities that would create excitement for each class. Unfortunately we are getting the same classes that we have played since legion, and frankly I am tired of playing the same classes with the exact same rotations. Not that anyone gives a crap, but this may very well be the first expansion that I do not purchase, and I have been playing since Vanilla. Sad times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraenen View Post
    I was going to say - WoW has had this "problem" where almost every expansion it feels like they try to make a new game or set of new classes with revamps. At this point why not just make it the same game, with new/more content?
    wasnt that wod?yeah lvling was good,the world was designed nicely,raiding was top tier...but...the game reached an all time low,and then legion came with bullshit systems,bullshit grinds,bullshit rng...and...the game came back to life,we gotta face facts,the averege player likes these bullshit additions

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wasnt that wod?yeah lvling was good,the world was designed nicely,raiding was top tier...but...the game reached an all time low,and then legion came with bullshit systems,bullshit grinds,bullshit rng...and...the game came back to life,we gotta face facts,the averege player likes these bullshit additions
    Well not exactly. We got a new class in legion that people have wanted for like forever, a lore character that has been huge in WoW etc. I think legion was so popular was because of those types of reasons not because of grindy rng systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundwalker View Post
    Agreed! I agree with Blizzard going back to the talent tree system, but there is little to nothing different being included in these talent trees. It is literally the same abilities that each class has had since Legion just put into a talent tree. I was looking for these talent trees to add new abilities that would create excitement for each class. Unfortunately we are getting the same classes that we have played since legion, and frankly I am tired of playing the same classes with the exact same rotations. Not that anyone gives a crap, but this may very well be the first expansion that I do not purchase, and I have been playing since Vanilla. Sad times.
    BINGO, I totally agree, the talent tree offers nothing that looks fun to explore, it's just the same abilities thrown together in an uninspired way. The current developers are creatively bankrupt and are just rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

Talent trees are fun, but there's going to come a point where it's back to just copying whatever the meta build is because of the way the game's rewards structure works. I want rival for the PvP sets and the build I enjoy most isn't deemed the best? I'm not getting into groups, even with high experience. Same with M+ and same with raids.
    So that "content" is pretty meh to me outside alts I don't do group content with. Any sense of creativity or fun does not work with this playerbase's attitude towards things.

Dragon Flying is fun though, but when XIV offers housing, better crafting, and now the island sanctuary?
    It's hard to justify as somebody who just isn't interested in raids anymore, and M+ can only go so far. PvP needs a complete overhaul at this point.
    I want world content, but ... it's just barely there compared to other games. They're trying to catch up, but mentalities towards the game make it hard for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Guild Wars 2 released on Steam yesterday, and I thought "let's give it a try" while Shadowlands downtime is setting in. Just the free version is miles ahead of anything WoW came up with for the past 3 expansions. And then I saw you have real mounts, with different skills, no reskinned shit that you press W to go to point A to B. And then I saw dragon riding in dragonflight, it's just another quest minigame where you press 1,2,3. At this point I don't know if it's engine technical limits, or just lazy uninspired design, and at this point I don't really care. Not going back to WoW
    You really can't compare the mount systems at all. GW2 does mounts way way way better. When you realize that WoWs Dragonriding is a cheap copy of GW2 flying, it only becomes worse. Dragonriding really is the most uninspired feature they've given us yet as it's a ripoff of a way better feature from their competition.

- - - Updated - - -

BINGO, I totally agree, the talent tree offers nothing that looks fun to explore, it's just the same abilities thrown together in an uninspired way. The current developers are creatively bankrupt and are just rearranging chairs on the Titanic.
    I mean the talent trees consist of 95% existing stuff that was either baseline or already existed as a talent. Now they removed the baseline stuff and made it talents. FUN! It's pruning, just in another form.

The talent trees, while ultimately great in the long run, are incredibly uninspired as of now as there's nothing new. Classes will play mostly the same as in Shadowlands while getting nothing new, players will be sick and tired of playing the exact same spec for 6 years in a row (since Legion did the major reworks).
    ______

The Dragon Isles (beautiful, breathtaking continent) and (Preservation) Evoker are the only things that seem to be fantastic and keep me hooked for the expansion, most of the other stuff is just lame and boring and so is the entire premise of the expansion.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-08-25 at 01:50 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again