Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich King Classic - Fresh servers

How can it be only a week untill prepatch, and not a word about the fresh servers? Today is the latest they can announce the fresh servers with name and types. People need time to coordinate.

I don't get why it is not out yet. Me and my guild decided to go for one of the fresh servers when it was announced, but people are getting anxious. What is the name of the server we are rolling fresh on? And here we still are waiting..
    --- Chrinas likes his girls like an old man likes his whisky - 12 years old, and stored in the basement. - Former member of Bring Flask or Else.

“Hey guys I chose to go on server XYZ”

“Oh okay sounds good I’ll be right there”

How much time did that take?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post

Is the server gonna be english speaking server or one of those france/german/russian/spain/portugal servers where people refuse to speak english. That's why people need the server names. There will be polls about which community picks which server, without it it's gonna be shitstorm and racism is gonna bloom in every server.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post

Just think about Classic launch in 2019. This could be another situation like that. They totally underestimated the amount of servers needed and the launch was super chaotic because all the servers had loooooooooooooooooong queues. WotLK Classic will be SUPER popular and I already predict the same situation to happen because they will need more servers than initially planned and then it's chaotic again. Less than a week to plan this all out is just dumb.

It's a bit ridiculous that they haven't had a bluepost yet with the servers and everything. And we are still missing the WotLK Classic special edition announcement and again, it's just 6 days until "launch". Something about this feels just wrong and it's another reason why WotLK Classic (and DF) feel very rushed.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

This it litterly what I am talking about. Today is the LATEST they could announce it.. and yet nothing.

Will launch/prepatch be delayed? DF certainly will.

- - - Updated - - -

It is so much more than that. First of, what options do we have - is there going to be two fresh servers, five fresh servers or 20? How many of them are PvP servers, how many are normal or RP. How crowded will they be? There always becomes some servers that are unofficial Spanish, Portugeese or scandinavian - where most players there refuse to speak anything but their native tongue. There is planning involved - so is it really too much to ask for; to have one single week to plan it ?
    --- Chrinas likes his girls like an old man likes his whisky - 12 years old, and stored in the basement. - Former member of Bring Flask or Else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't wanna offend anyone, but hopefully they just cancel this crap. Gonna die fast anyway, and will just do damage to the real servers, hope they aren't released.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Don't wanna offend anyone, but hopefully they just cancel this crap. Gonna die fast anyway, and will just do damage to the real servers, hope they aren't released.
    i think the point is to bring in more players who haven't done classic, who feel daunted by the existing servers, and figure the world will be more populated during the leveling experience.

i was originally gonna do fresh, but i decided to roll on an existing server. With the joyous journeys buff, just want to blaze thru to 70 anyway.

the fresh servers will be dead once the transfers open up after 90 days anyway.

I'd rather have them cancel all the other servers where players are sitting on ten thousands of gold and got boosted etc. That's why I start fresh, I don't want any of this bs. The amount of gold players have now on Classic servers is unreal and just scammy, that's why fresh start servers for WotLK are a great idea and will be incredibly popular.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yeah, I think you are wrong here. They went out in a bluepost talking about the 90 days were a minimum, and they were very open for it never to allow transfers to the new servers - same with the boosts.

Thing for many about the fresh servers, is the fact that there are many players looking for a new home, after their old servers died out. Many tried to go to the big ones, but couldn't settle down there - thanks to the boosting communities and gdkp everywhere you look. There is a fact that on many of this servers, the only raids going on: are based upon gold dkp. New players, or players who haven't played in a while feel like it's diffecult to even get into these groups - and not being able to compete unless they buy a million gold. Fresh servers are a new hope - many players are hyped for this.

What exactly is there to coordinate? When the servers are up, have your GM pick one and post the name on discord. Simple.
    Chances are there will be too few servers anyway and some people will reroll to others, so hold off on creating the free DK (if fresh even gets one).
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-08-24 at 03:16 PM.

I personally think they specifically don't want coordination. They want to host multiple fresh servers of every type and want each one populated. If they announce a list the same thing will happen that did in SOM.

Every one knew before it wen't live that EU Kingsfall will be the biggest PVE server and Dreadnaught will be the biggest PVP Server

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Is the server gonna be english speaking server or one of those france/german/russian/spain/portugal servers where people refuse to speak english. That's why people need the server names. There will be polls about which community picks which server, without it it's gonna be shitstorm and racism is gonna bloom in every server.
    Let it bloom so that it may be plucked from the soil and thrown away to rot. With Discord, if you and your friends can’t coordinate what server you want to play on… you’re not trying hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be a Draenei Priest on the PvE server they drop! I'm leaving my horde characters behind for a bit while I get my proper nostalgia fix and subsequent destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'd rather have them cancel all the other servers where players are sitting on ten thousands of gold and got boosted etc. That's why I start fresh, I don't want any of this bs. The amount of gold players have now on Classic servers is unreal and just scammy, that's why fresh start servers for WotLK are a great idea and will be incredibly popular.
    Nah, it's not gonna be nearly as popular, you absolutely underestimate the affection people have for the characters they made in 2019, three years of adventures and already lots of stuff collected. We don't wanna give up our beloved characters, we will play them for many years to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrinas View Post
    Yeah, I think you are wrong here. They went out in a bluepost talking about the 90 days were a minimum, and they were very open for it never to allow transfers to the new servers - same with the boosts.

Thing for many about the fresh servers, is the fact that there are many players looking for a new home, after their old servers died out. Many tried to go to the big ones, but couldn't settle down there - thanks to the boosting communities and gdkp everywhere you look. There is a fact that on many of this servers, the only raids going on: are based upon gold dkp. New players, or players who haven't played in a while feel like it's diffecult to even get into these groups - and not being able to compete unless they buy a million gold. Fresh servers are a new hope - many players are hyped for this.

I get the idea, and I would easily transfer to a fresh server (without bringing gold) for a better economy, IF I could keep my character. Already I have near 100% ATT completion, including all reputations maxed out, full tier 3, Corrupted Ashbringer, all weapon skills maxed etc etc, no way I would ever start over, but would indeed be great to reset the gold.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Coming Soon
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    The interest died very quickly last time.

Maybe they will wait a few weeks/months for the release of wotlk, start with one fresh server and see how it fills up? With layers, there is a lot of room to allow a rather large population at start.

Give it a few months, and start another fresh again if really the interest is sustained.

But I agree with most here, the feeling is that this time, there will not be that much interest in fresh servers. Most of the hardcore people that would considering it are too invested in their current character with gold, items and achievements like the insane.

Im doing fresh and I am thousands of others will. I hate tbc. Ive been waiting for fresh wrath since vanilla classic launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Let it bloom so that it may be plucked from the soil and thrown away to rot. With Discord, if you and your friends can’t coordinate what server you want to play on… you’re not trying hard enough.
    So you say that it's good to roll on server with friends just to find out later that it's mostly Spanish who do not speak English nor invite English speaking people in dungeons/raids and trade chat etc is full of racism and twats till the server dies or all other languages move away from the server.

Well atleast you can always transfer servers by spending money. Good job. I applaud for your way of thinking. It's definetly unique and best part is how you think you are right and everyone else is wrong. I'm proud of you, well done!
    Last edited by Ihazpaws; 2022-08-24 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Im doing fresh and I am thousands of others will. I hate tbc. Ive been waiting for fresh wrath since vanilla classic launched.
    Not a huge fan of TBC either, but I don't like the idea of splitting the playerbase. SoM was a bad idea, so is Wrath Fresh.

Not a huge fan of TBC either, but I don't like the idea of splitting the playerbase. SoM was a bad idea, so is Wrath Fresh.
    Fresh will be great to not have 3 years of gold inflated gdkps though... so basically pugging on fresh will be easier.

And once the bots catch up I am geared enough to take advantage of gdkp runs myself, fresh will be great just for that.