Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Guilds. And only Guilds.

Guilds and communities. I actually prefer communities because you can be in multiple ones and can also be cross-faction. Also, RP servers seem to have tighter communities usually.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Guilds. And only Guilds.
    I say Discord communities work as well.

Guilds. Communities too but they tend to be... bigger.

Also what do you want out of the game? RP? Go on a RP Server and chat people up maybe somethign comes from it.

Raiding/PvP/Mythic+? They won't responf to you in general. Honestly general is just the verbal puke bucket of wow players. Look for a guild who actually does stuff together. Easy way to tell is if they are a cesspool is if they just invite you without any questions. Leave immediatly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems anymore nobody wants too just talk for the heck of it in general chat of the zone....its like everyone is afraid to offend anyone with using the wrong word to talk to someone...can thank the current climate....

I really think the game design drove away the people that would socialize in regular chat and so many others followed. Back when servers were not phased and you would need to build a good reputation on your server, the communication was better and those that didn't want to talk much would let there skills do the talking. Either way, it would bring out the better side of the players eventually and the servers were much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Started playing again and went out to quest on a new character. Decided to try and chat to some people and started telling jokes in general or saying random things. No one ever responded after a good hour. Got me wondering where or how people socialize on this game now. I know I've made some great friends just talking in general chat before. Seems that may not be the case. Are dungeons any better or is the go go mindset still so strong that no one talks?
    what „social aspect“? what is this? can i eat this?

and, tbh, i say this as someone started in 2005 and playing since then, without interruption in sub. but seriously, since around cataclysm this game really had and has nothing, that sounds like „social aspect“. imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    If you want MEANINGFUL SOCIAL INTERACTION play Classic!

You get such things as "LF1M HEALER DAILY HEROIC!" and "LF P U M P E R DPS KARA GDKP COME TO ADAL FOR INSPECT AND LINK PARSES", and who could forget "LFM ICC10 N 6000GS ONLY"

in case you couldn't tell, /s. For reals, Classic is so much worse. SO SO SO much worse.

Real Answer: 1-50 world is pretty dead. people are spread too thin. City Trade Chats are cesspools of "WTS BOOST" (although come Tuesday that's going in its own channel). You'll get some talk in the 50-60 zones, mostly people calling out rares and the occasional tomfoolery.

Your best bet is to get into a guild that has the same end-game goals you do and vibe out.
    yeah, i am 100% sure after the boosting channel addition, the following happens:

- the /2 channel auto-scrolls 10 times slower.
    - „WTS boost“ is replaced by „WTS raid BoE“.
    - nothing else will change, besides these 2 previous things.

imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-27 at 02:48 PM.

There is plenty of socializing going on in guilds and more and more of that takes place in Discord.
    At the beginning WoW was as much a "chat platform" to socialize as it was a game.
    Nowadays there are much better chat platforms, so why use WoW for that?

People aren't more or less social today, they just socialize with their fellow player on other platforms. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by JunktownVendor View Post
    Guilds and communities. I actually prefer communities because you can be in multiple ones and can also be cross-faction. Also, RP servers seem to have tighter communities usually.
    you REALLY see ANY difference in communities to /2 in Classic, in example ??? did you REALLY EVER had a normal statement in those community chat channels besides „LFM 18+ key“ and „ilvl 279 mage“ or something like that ???

REEEEEEAAAAAALLYYYY ???

so, maybe all my communities are in the wrong countries. crazy…

saying „go communities, to find some social aspect“ is like saying „go to dessert, to find some water“ to me, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Join a role play server or play classic or have your real life friends to play with you.
    tbh: did you play Classic? in my ears, it sounds like you are not knowing what you are talking, tbh. sorry.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-27 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Seems anymore nobody wants too just talk for the heck of it in general chat of the zone....its like everyone is afraid to offend anyone with using the wrong word to talk to someone...can thank the current climate....
    Not following, just say away from racial and sexual slurs and you should be fine. Or is that too much to ask?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

tbh: did you play Classic? in my ears, it sounds like you are not knowing what you are talking, tbh. sorry.
    Yeah, I did play Classic up to level 20. Then I just got bored because leveling takes too long. Why? Did you find Classic less sociable?
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-27 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isnt 2004 anymore. There was no social media (outside of My Space), no Discord not 3rd party chat places. In 2004 - 2009 it felt more sociable because there wasnt many places to socialize and so the game provided that for people, I still remember the old Blizzard chat rooms from the late 90's early 2000's. Those wouldn't run these days because everyone wants to use convivence over whats given to them.

Want to socialize I recommend joining a realm discord or some equivalent.

Its not Blizzard fault that socializing is dead in their games, its the fault of how we have progressed technologically in the past 18 years, (Jesus. Wow is almost 20 years old? Kill me).

Now I do hear like FFXIV is a more sociable game over WoW? I cannot say as I do not play, but maybe that's because its built around that aspect which is very different than WoW? I dunno.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-08-28 at 09:00 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Started playing again and went out to quest on a new character. Decided to try and chat to some people and started telling jokes in general or saying random things. No one ever responded after a good hour. Got me wondering where or how people socialize on this game now. I know I've made some great friends just talking in general chat before. Seems that may not be the case. Are dungeons any better or is the go go mindset still so strong that no one talks?
    The way how you meet new people drastically changed in the last 10 years.
    Before you played dungeons, met someone out in the world and then at some point you maybe joined their guild and continued your journey from there. Nowadays you join the guild first and then meet people there, but almost always straight up in voice.

1+ Year Old Account
    Finding a guild can be hard.

First of all, the Guild Finder is useless. 99,99% of guilds there are dead but their ads don't go away.

Look for ads in trade chat. If you see an attractive ad do /who Super Cool Shadow Ninja Viper Kings of Death, and if you see at least 10 people online it's good.

If you see less than 10 at a prime time hour, but the ad brags about good raid progress, then it's a raid logging guild who is only online at raids. That's a bad guild for you.

If you see more than 10, then it could be a trash/social guild that invites anyone with a pulse, and whose most members are nooblords, mega casuals, and squeekers. Also a bad guild for you. If you see you can invite people into the guild as soon as you joined, leave immediately, that's 100% a trash/social guild.

So you found a guild with a good number of active people, and it's not a raid logging guild nor a zerg guild. Now comes another problem: inner circles.

Most guilds have a group of friends and/or people who know eachother and play together. Which generally means they have no room for you, and you will end up playing solo anyway. Sometimes the inner circle is so big that there is no room for you even in raids. Another bad guild for you.

You will jump from guild to guild for years, never staying more than a week in each guild, and always looking for that good guild. Last time I was in a good guild was in WOTLK.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-08-28 at 12:38 PM.

You have to look for it yourself because the game doesn't promote it naturally anymore

it's 100% a lobby game

Quote Originally Posted by Rytme View Post
    I dont understand. The social aspect. Is this some new dragons added in Dragonflight?
    Get it cause aspect... dragon aspects lol

I play alone and sont want social contact, give me a reason why social contact is something i should desire

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yeah, I did play Classic up to level 20. Then I just got bored because leveling takes too long. Why? Did you find Classic less sociable?
    my advice: play Classic to 60. do endgame content. then you will understand.

but it’s always nice to see ppl talking about things they never experienced by their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rytme View Post
    I dont understand. The social aspect. Is this some new dragons added in Dragonflight?
    It's the Hunter Aspect you put on after pulling an extra group with multishot so you don't get kicked out of the group.