Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    It's funny how other game communities appreciate and support the majority of their content creators but here in WoW it's just depression and misery.
    Because it reflects the community, which is deeply divided, partially to Blizzards design choices.
    Disregarding that some of WoW's content creators are very divise, if Asmongold had hosted this event i bet your ass that some of the standard T&E viewers wouldn't have viewed it on principle.

...it probably would've received more views then, but that's another story.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-08-25 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Who are the celebrities in the show ? I'm sure they don't mean the youtubers right ? I mean celebrity usually means someone in the movies or TV not some youtubers that play wow for a job so I can only assume they meant actual celebrities.
    i fail to see how someone being in shitty tv show is different than someone having a YT channel...
    but "celebrity" nowadays mean anyone famous so yes, youtubers are "celebrities"
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-08-25 at 12:09 PM.

Watching people play a video game? I don't know...i've got some paint that's drying that needs watching...

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    Watching people play a video game? I don't know...i've got some paint that's drying that needs watching...
    not a fan either, but lets be fair, how is it any different than watching football or any other sport on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    not a fan either, but lets be fair, how is it any different than watching football or any other sport on tv?
    Arguably the level of skill and fitness involved. Some games make for interesting competitive viewing but rarely blizzard titles.

They are both weirdly to inaccessible and accessible at the same time. What I mean by that is unless you really know a lot you wont understand what is happening as a casual viewer but the skill ceiling isn't high enough for it to be seen as impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Arguably the level of skill and fitness involved.
    im sure "best" players of wow need some skill too... fitness... eh, ever watched curling or darts?

Some games make for interesting competitive viewing but rarely blizzard titles.
    feel free to think that, same as someone else thinks watching some sport is not interesting, in either case its just subjective opinion...
    objectively watching someone playing game or watching someone doing sport instead of doing either yourself is pretty much the same

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Y'all are really going to pretend that you don't know T&E, Bajheera, Hazelnutty, and Sloot...? It's not like these hosts are totally unheard of. Did you guys think that Asmongold was going to host?
    Tbf I have no idea who they are. But then again I don’t touch twitch and my YouTube account literally only has car and gym videos. The occasional meme video too

- - - Updated - - -

A lot different. If you want to play football, you have to rent a pitch or find a big enough field and have an arrangement made with all the other players for a date and time that suit. However, if I want to just do a key it takes less than 10 min to turn on my computer, log on and join/make a group. This is the reason why I don’t understand the appeal. I understand watching if you can’t do or has a large time frame to schedule but for something like games it doesn’t make much sense to me. Why watch, when it’s so easy to do?

I'd rather chop my own dick off with a rusty spoon than watch these idiots.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I'd rather chop my own dick off with a rusty spoon than watch these idiots.
    ok? nobody is forcing you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all are really going to pretend that you don't know T&E, Bajheera, Hazelnutty, and Sloot...? It's not like these hosts are totally unheard of. Did you guys think that Asmongold was going to host?
    I only know of T&E from wowhead "News", Bajheera has an NPC in game in Ashran I think... no idea who Hazelnutty and Sloot are.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I only know of T&E from Wowhead "News", Bajheera has an NPC in-game in Ashran I think... no idea who Hazelnutty and Sloot are.
    You are not the only one I know T&E from WoWHead and think I saw a video with Hazelnutty one time, but really have no clue who those others are, not follow Twitch at all... was hoping for some real celebrities to show up not sure why they called those streamers celebrities like I don't think that term fits any streamer well.

Variety Show presented by Cringe Inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    T&E are a cancer and terrible people.

3+ Year Old Account
    Only really know about T&E because of them being propped up by Wowhead. Baj I recognize by name, but that's about it. Hazel I recognize because she was sort of running gag in my guild, and Sloot sounds vaguely familiar, but I know even less about him then Baj. Suppose it's only fair you leave Eiya out of that post, because I've never even heard of them.

Overall, this isn't exactly a batch of total Literally Whos, and my personal knowledge (or lack thereof) doesn't really mean much, since I tend to care little about WoW ecelebs as-is. The fact that I've at least heard of most of them means they're probably at least somewhat well-known.

I’m pretty sure if the people in this forum were given a free 100 dollar bill they would complain about the paper and find something to argue about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter who they are, as long as the show is fun. Is it fun?

The people represent different areas of the community so its not surprising some people might know x but not y

im sure "best" players of wow need some skill too... fitness... eh, ever watched curling or darts?

feel free to think that, same as someone else thinks watching some sport is not interesting, in either case its just subjective opinion...
    objectively watching someone playing game or watching someone doing sport instead of doing either yourself is pretty much the same
    Best is a weird concept in wow tbh. The world first raiders rarely hold many of the best performing players in the game. Don't get me wrong they are all good players but strictly speaking the winner is the one who can commit the most time and circumvent loot limits the best.

WoW pvp is kind of like poker as it involves quite a bit of chance with skill mixed in. Sadly it's as interesting to watch as paint dry.

chimed into this yesterday after work, and it was the most boring and forced content ive ever seen

left within 5 minutes to watch rifftrax make fun of awful movies

Best is a weird concept in wow tbh. The world first raiders rarely hold many of the best performing players in the game. Don't get me wrong they are all good players but strictly speaking the winner is the one who can commit the most time and circumvent loot limits the best.

WoW pvp is kind of like poker as it involves quite a bit of chance with skill mixed in. Sadly it's as interesting to watch as paint dry.
    BDGG spent an additional week of day raiding after the RWF had ended to kill The Jailer (they also struggled on Halondrus). If it were just the time commitment you'd think that wouldn't be the case. This is an empty statement often made by players who have absolutely zero conception of exactly how much goes into being a RWF raider in an effort to dismiss or marginalize the incredible achievements of these players. Yeah, WoW isn't an insanely skill expressive game like League but there's a bit more to it than just being able to commit a bunch of time to the race.