Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We did present an entire batch of eggs to Sabellian when we defeated the Wyrmcult in BEM and it's been a long time since then (longer than Wrathion has been alive). Makes sense that he has a small flight with him.
    And the blackwhelp
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bar...27s_Blackwhelp

5+ Year Old Account
    What's interesting is that I don't see Outland Dragons ever choosing Wrathion over Sabellion, but I don't see anyone genuinely trusting Sabellion to actually work outside his personal interests to perform the duties of an Aspect. He doesn't have to be barbaric like Wrathion, but would he ever be able to sacrifice his children like Alexstraza or risk his life for mortals like Ysera?

Ultimately I don't want the Black Flight to be fractured like the Blues, who were in a similar situation. (Kalec being a great and helpful face for mortals/the other aspects, but not well respected by most blue dragons).
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The choice of who to support as leader of the Black Dragonflight basically boils down to "who do I trust more of these two untrustworthy people?" Wrathion's got a history of world-endangering mistakes under his belt, and Sabellian could be as corrupt and insane as Deathwing was. On one hand, we know Wrathion *means* well in most cases, but that's never stopped him from making terrible choices with huge ramifications. On the other, Sabellian remains haughty and superior, and probably wouldn't blink to make a decision that would empower him while endangering Azeroth (and that's discounting possible continuing Old God corruption).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The choice of who to support as leader of the Black Dragonflight basically boils down to "who do I trust more of these two untrustworthy people?" Wrathion's got a history of world-endangering mistakes under his belt, and Sabellian could be as corrupt and insane as Deathwing was. On one hand, we know Wrathion *means* well in most cases, but that's never stopped him from making terrible choices with huge ramifications. On the other, Sabellian remains haughty and superior, and probably wouldn't blink to make a decision that would empower him while endangering Azeroth (and that's discounting possible continuing Old God corruption).
    Sabellian gives his dragons days off!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Sabellian gives his dragons days off!
    Which is great and all, but it doesn't make me trust him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Which is great and all, but it doesn't make me trust him.
    if you are a dracthyr and you have to choose your new aspect who would you choose?the boy who killed the dragons and didn't help them? Or the one who saved the black dragons from extinction? you will also have days off

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    if you are a dracthyr and you have to choose your new aspect who would you choose?the boy who killed the dragons and didn't help them? Or the one who saved the black dragons from extinction? you will also have days off
    Would still be a pretty fraught choice, really. Wrathion killed the other Black dragons, sure; but they were also corrupted and ostensibly servants of the Old Gods with no known way to otherwise save them. Saying that Sabellian "saved the Black dragons from extinction" might not be as grand a proclamation if the dragons he saved prove to still be corrupted - in which case just means that Sabellian has just brought his own invasion force to Azeroth under the guise of saving his people.

Would still be a pretty fraught choice, really. Wrathion killed the other Black dragons, sure; but they were also corrupted and ostensibly servants of the Old Gods with no known way to otherwise save them. Saying that Sabellian "saved the Black dragons from extinction" might not be as grand a proclamation if the dragons he saved prove to still be corrupted - in which case just means that Sabellian has just brought his own invasion force to Azeroth under the guise of saving his people.
    fahrad could control himself he could find a way to help him
    do you think alex would not notice the corruption?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    fahrad could control himself he could find a way to help him
    do you think alex would not notice the corruption?
    At the end of the Fangs of the Father questline, Fahrad appears to lose his marbles shouting that the voices (of the Old Gods) were now telling him to kill both Wrathion and the Rogue PC that was aiding him. I don't think that really goes towards him "controlling himself," and showed that despite ostensibly being on Wrathion's side in the beginning he was still ultimately insane and under the thumb of the Old Gods' influence.

As for whether Alexstasza can detect the corruption, we don't really know. She wasn't able to when she was a full Aspect before Deathwing betrayed the rest of the Aspects with the Dragon Soul, so odds are low she'd be able to now, especially since she and the rest of the Aspects have been diminished. Probably a safe bet to assume she and the rest of the Aspects don't trust Sabellian all that much, though.

I had to.

Last edited by LazarusLong; 2022-08-25 at 03:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's adorable, actually. Wrathion's affiliation with the Black Empire makes him untrustworthy in my eyes so getting to know Sabellion should be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It's adorable, actually. Wrathion's affiliation with the Black Empire makes him untrustworthy in my eyes so getting to know Sabellion should be fun.
    Wrathion has an affiliation with the Black Empire?

Sure others have posted about it, but why can’t we choose Ebonhorn/Ebyssian?
    Guess he wants nothing to do with it, but I’d love it if he puts his name in for a chance to lead. Probably not the best choice as he’s spent his years with the Highmountain and has stayed out of the affairs of the world, for the most part.
    However, he is the oldest, he’s unproblematic, and he helps when needed.

Wrathion has an affiliation with the Black Empire?
    If you count his research countering their void influence then yes, otherwise no.

OT

Both are horrible choices, Wrathion is literally just a kid and it shows, while Sabellian is corrupted.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-08-25 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sure others have posted about it, but why can’t we choose Ebonhorn/Ebyssian?
    Guess he wants nothing to do with it, but I’d love it if he puts his name in for a chance to lead. Probably not the best choice as he’s spent his years with the Highmountain and has stayed out of the affairs of the world, for the most part.
    However, he is the oldest, he’s unproblematic, and he helps when needed.
    Ebyssian probably doesn't want such a responsibility, especially given his reluctance in BfA concerning representing the Black Dragonflight. As for age, it's hard to say if Ebyssian is actually older than Sabellian, since we don't know Sabellian's actual age and it's entirely possible Sabellian has served Deathwing since before his corruption, perhaps even before the Sundering. Ebyssian's age is easier to determine since we know his egg was cleansed by Huln Highmountain around the time of the Sundering, making him ~10,000 years old.

Ebyssian probably doesn't want such a responsibility, especially given his reluctance in BfA concerning representing the Black Dragonflight. As for age, it's hard to say if Ebyssian is actually older than Sabellian, since we don't know Sabellian's actual age and it's entirely possible Sabellian has served Deathwing since before his corruption, perhaps even before the Sundering. Ebyssian's age is easier to determine since we know his egg was cleansed by Huln Highmountain around the time of the Sundering, making him ~10,000 years old.
    Considering Alextrasza doesn't want Sabellian around, should tell us everything we need to know about his involvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If you count his research countering their void influence then yes, otherwise no.
    That's not what I would consider an "affiliation," and if it was, it basically means everyone involved in thwarting N'Zoth is also affiliated with the Black Empire, a meaningless distinction.

Also, I agree that they are both questionable choices. Sadly, it doesn't seem like any of the others in the Black Dragonflight have either the profile or the trustworthiness to qualify.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Considering Alextrasza doesn't want Sabellian around, should tell us everything we need to know about his involvement.
    I can certainly see why Alexstrasza wouldn't trust Sabellian.

That's not what I would consider an "affiliation," and if it was, it basically means everyone involved in thwarting N'Zoth is also affiliated with the Black Empire, a meaningless distinction.
    The iffy part would be his void research, to specifically counter the black empire, since that stuff carries a massive risk with it. But that puts him just at risk of corruption, while we know Sabellian is corrupted.

Also, I agree that they are both questionable choices. Sadly, it doesn't seem like any of the others in the Black Dragonflight have either the profile or the trustworthiness to qualify.
    I'd say ebyssian is the only sensible choice, at least for now Wrathion is just too young to rule, Sabellian is corrupt. So he should temporarily be in charge until Wrathion is old enough to actually understand what the hell he is doing.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-08-25 at 04:37 PM.

I'd rather side with Sabellian (Or Ebyssian) any day of the week over Wrathion.

Sorry bud, the fancy cloak from Pandaria doesn't cut it this time!