Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    Ion specifically asked what the feel about it was and said it wasn't set in stone.
    Well, it's WoW community, reaction will be useless, lot of people will say it's shit change, lot it's good/great. I think he just used this interview to prepare people for it mentally and Nov 28th leak (or "leak") is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Forget about Sabellian or Wrathion, Vazallia should become the next Aspect.
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...85793059725313
    I haven't seen the OG remastered Dragon model flying before, this looks so cool!

Even with all the drakes and dragons additions through the years, the one that I like the most is still the OG design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    Ion confirmingggg all 3 difficulties releasing at once aka Raid comes out during holidays? // DF releasing in Nov

Source: Limit Max intv on Twitch just now
    Yeah, it seems like Blizzard really wants to release DF Season 1 in December.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And for sure it shows Blizzard has no intentions to move raids after Christmas.
    I don't like it, but after looking at the overall community reaction, I think I'm on the minority side.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I don't like it, but after looking at the overall community reaction, I think I'm on the minority side.
    I'm patient, I would have no problem with moving raids to January and doing casual content during Christmas. But I know WoW community, expansion would be considered dead on arrival after 5+ weeks without raiding/M+. Hell, it will be considered dead on arrival if we won't have 10.1 info before February.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Well I think that you can actually see Azeroth from the Black Temple: http://i.imgur.com/CHTJ8Im.jpg

I guess that that means that they are on the same solar system and pretty close, unless it was retconned at some point.

Really enjoyed Ion's interview BTW, I think that DF will be an amazing surprise, I just hope that it has a .3 patch.
    That screenshot actually doesn't make much sense. Outland might aswell be Azeroth's moon if it's that close.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Druids/priests will get info soon.
    Looking forward to priest.

CR to another class. How about giving CR to the class that originally had it in WC3? Paladins together with shaman should be THE buff classes of the WoW yet as it is now many other classes have far more meaningful buffs than poor pallies.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt. They always try to encourage people to do at least Normal. Imo it would feel pretty shit if you (as casual/newbie) learn/prepare for fights, go outside your comfort zone to find group for raid and your buddy Steve was like "lol dude what are you doing, just click this button and you will be done in 2 hours half AFK". Of course better loot is always good encouragement, but I think simple curiosity and desire to "complete" instance is far stronger incentive.

Maaybe they will release 1st wing with Normal/Heroic/Mythic, but that's it.
    I honestly don't think anyone who chooses to do it in LFR would actually try to do it on Normal in the first place. It is targeted to a very different crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    CR to another class. How about giving CR to the class that originally had it in WC3? Paladins together with shaman should be THE buff classes of the WoW yet as it is now many other classes have far more meaningful buffs than poor pallies.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't think anyone who chooses to do it in LFR would actually try to do it on Normal in the first place. It is targeted to a very different crowd.
    depends
    if they did WoD style loot then probably
    if its the same loot just different ilvl youd get some raiders (myself included) going into lfr for certain pieces or trying out ways to cheese mechanics

and pally is likely the CR class
    so we end up with 3/6 tanks that can CR which is pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Interesting. I've seen the other explanation way more often than this so I wonder how much weight it really holds. At some point they gave a lot of people the impression of the opposite because I just looked up "no alternate Azeroth" and found people discussing that exact thing: pocket dimension with no Azeroth attached to it
    Probably because that explanation makes so much more sense.

Well I think that you can actually see Azeroth from the Black Temple: http://i.imgur.com/CHTJ8Im.jpg

I guess that that means that they are on the same solar system and pretty close, unless it was retconned at some point.

Really enjoyed Ion's interview BTW, I think that DF will be an amazing surprise, I just hope that it has a .3 patch.
    Except we clearly know that Outland is in like a "veil" between the Nether and the Physical Universe, and that Azeroth in the sky may not actually be Azeroth, but like a magical projection or something like that for Illidan and the other DHs to see or summ like that

Well, it's WoW community, reaction will be useless, lot of people will say it's shit change, lot it's good/great. I think he just used this interview to prepare people for it mentally and Nov 28th leak (or "leak") is correct.
    You're most likely right. He may have said hypothetical, but he knows the wow crowd will run with that and riot if it doesn't happen now. lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's strange for me when LFR and Normal+ players are treated like beings from different universes. Of course there are people that no longer enjoy raiding and want just see story/complete quest in LFR. But ton of people never experienced real raiding and without little push from Blizzard they don't know what they are (potentially) missing. Of course Blizzard could do a lot more, I would love in-game tool similar to old OpenRaid where guildless people could apply to scheduled events and earn reputation.

It's strange for me when LFR and Normal+ players are treated like beings from different universes. Of course there are people that no longer enjoy raiding and want just see story/complete quest in LFR. But ton of people never experienced real raiding and without little push from Blizzard they don't know what they are (potentially) missing. Of course Blizzard could do a lot more, I would love in-game tool similar to old OpenRaid where guildless people could apply to scheduled events and earn reputation.
    I'm really casual when it comes to WoW to begin with. But I don't like LFR. Every time I enter I have no idea what's going on, it's just too many people, there's stuff all over the place that isn't really dangerous and because of that I never get to actually learn the fight. I would like to raid on normal in DF but without going to LFR first.

My experience with normal raiding guilds is that they are friends and family groups who are mostly there for socialization. Bosses will die when they die, they just want to goof around and tell jokes in discord while trying to kill imaginary dragons. Those people probably would indeed run LFR once to see the raid if it was available earlier, but they would still go to their normal raids because for them raiding is far more about being social than gaming.

And yeah would love Open Raid back. There are several discord communities that do the same thing but OpenRaid had better tools. It's really people who would like to schedule a PuG so to speak; they don't mind raiding/doing dungeons with strangers, they just want to be able to plan that ahead at their leisure. That said, Gen Z prefers apps to in-browser utilities which complicates things.

However the reputation part of Open Raid could never be done if this was made available by Blizzard imo. They would only allow perfomance-based and entirely data driven ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm really casual when it comes to WoW to begin with. But I don't like LFR. Every time I enter I have no idea what's going on, it's just too many people, there's stuff all over the place that isn't really dangerous and because of that I never get to actually learn the fight. I would like to raid on normal in DF but without going to LFR first.
    Not recruiting or anything but have you tried a discord community?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-08-26 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Outland is not even in the real space anymore. When Draenor exploded Outland was thrown into the Twisting Nether.

My experience with normal raiding guilds is that they are friends and family groups who are mostly there for socialization. Bosses will die when they die, they just want to goof around and tell jokes in discord while trying to kill imaginary dragons. Those people probably would indeed run LFR once to see the raid if it was available earlier, but they would still go to their normal raids because for them raiding is far more about being social than gaming.

And yeah would love Open Raid back. There are several discord communities that do the same thing but OpenRaid had better tools. It's really people who would like to schedule a PuG so to speak; they don't mind raiding/doing dungeons with strangers, they just want to be able to plan that ahead at their leisure.

However the reputation part of Open Raid could never be done if this was made available by Blizzard imo. They would only allow perfomance-based and entirely data driven ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

Not recruiting or anything but have you tried a discord community?
    No, I haven't played in a while. And I'm not currently playing either, but when I do I'd like to run Normal raids atleast. I assume you can just find lots in the group finder?

No, I haven't played in a while. And I'm not currently playing either, but when I do I'd like to run Normal raids atleast. I assume you can just find lots in the group finder?
    Oh yes ofc you can PuG. I thought you wanted something more social.

That screenshot actually doesn't make much sense. Outland might aswell be Azeroth's moon if it's that close.
    That was explained as Illidan using magic so he could see it long before WoD even released. Azeroth isn't normally visible from Outland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i am aware of that, but that old skybox is nothing but a weird design choice that's at best something Illidan did, or at worst just an easter egg.

Outland and Azeroth are not anywhere near each other, not within the same star system and since Draenors destruction not even within the same cosmic plane.
    Draenor is a gigantic planet with multiple moons, it would've been visible in Azeroths skies if it was.

Furthermore, if they were close to one another than the Legion wouldn't have needed the whole Dark Portal stick to invade the place.
    Aggramar wouldn't taken that long to find Azeroth after finding Draenor.
    And Draenor going boom and shifting into the Nether would've affected Azeroth too.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think it's part of the original plot were Illidan was supposed to be insane and likely created an illusion of Azeroth to stare at.

If Azeroth was anywhere close to Draenor Aggramar would have found it as well even earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Outland is not even in the real space anymore. When Draenor exploded Outland was thrown into the Twisting Nether.
    As far as we've seen, the Twisting Nether IS what characters in this setting understand space to be. Whenever someone leaves a planet in canon they're described as "going to the twisting nether," traveling "through the twisting nether" might as well be traveling at warp speed, etc.

Not saying this is the correct interpretation but they have been deliberately vague about it over the years. Especially when out of habit its taken them a decade to establish crucial information like a set timeline.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-08-26 at 07:27 AM.