10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    honestly, I'm not even angry anymore, just morbidly amused at the lack of self awareness from some of the posters here.

but back to the topic, I'm a little confused about timelines here. so by the end of Shang Chi Hulk is still wearing an arm brace right? but the pit fighting abomination participates in - happens in the middle of Shang-Chi, so if abomination escapes to fight after Bruce's arm was healed and he went off to space in Sakkar ship, how does Bruce shows up in the end with arm still hurt? or did it take well after Shang-Chi for those pit fights to be discovered and somehow they were missing Emil escaping and returning repeatedly?

My guess is once Emil became a high profile case, leaks of him went viral.

Kinda like grab em by the pussy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm pretty sure the footage of Blonsky/Abomination fighting in the ring with Wong is from some time ago, before his release proceedings. It seems likely to me that a third party, with knowledge of the events in Shang-Chi, sent the footage of Blonsky's fight to the media to gum up his plea for release and/or to make Jen's job that much more difficult.
    Frankly, it's quite probably her new boss.

Trial by fire, so to speak. And Holliway (the boss) might be wildly different than he was in Dan Slott's run; in there, Holliway shows up at the bar after he got her fired to offer her a job running his superhuman division, just like in the show, but he wants Walters, not She-Hulk, specifically. So that's obviously a complete reverse in the show, and you've got to wonder what else is gonna end up twisted. He might be actively evil as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Trial by fire, so to speak. And Holliway (the boss) might be wildly different than he was in Dan Slott's run; in there, Holliway shows up at the bar after he got her fired to offer her a job running his superhuman division, just like in the show, but he wants Walters, not She-Hulk, specifically. So that's obviously a complete reverse in the show, and you've got to wonder what else is gonna end up twisted. He might be actively evil as fuck.
    He gives off the same energy as Hayward from Wandavision.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am not going to act like she is saying something that she isn't saying.
    How YOU view what she is saying is NOT what she IS saying.

I have no problem if you claimed "this is how I took it." but you are arrogantly demanding everyone else has to take it that way. That scene is Jen saying things that make her angry specifically, not their cause. You are taking Jen speaking in the first person and applying it to all women. The show isn't doing that, just you.

So, I do not share you delusional view of the scene. I take the scene at face value, you don't.
    That is the problem of jumping in to the middle of a discussion without reading the context behind it. The discussion has always been about what the intent of what she is saying is.

- - - Updated - - -

Has a lot more to do with the misogyny and trolling in many of those posts. Nobody gets an infraction here for legitimate political views. Not all "political views" are legitimate, however. To make a point that's independent of this thread; if you start posting Nazi shit, you'll get your ass banned, even though Nazism is "a political view".

Maybe people should take a little personal responsibility. If an infraction's illegitimate and you get banned, you get to appeal it. I've had infractions overturned, I've had others upheld. Mods aren't perfect, but most of the time, the infractions are fine and users need to do some self-reflection about how abusive their posts actually are.

No, your invention of context here is completely unreasonable, if not intentionally dishonest. You are, to repeat, making shit up.

Because of some men, sure. But, well, welcome to reality. If you're upset at a woman expressing the simple truth of living as a woman, the person with a problem is you.
    If i wrote anything like this i'd get banned. Half the stuff people write to me would get me banned for writing literally the same thing back.

I'm not responsible for what other people write, but only what i write - and i havent been misogynistic once. I've been called everything from sociopath to racist in this thread alone with absolutely no repercussions.

Are you trying to say i should take responsebility for what other people write to me?

As for the last part and to stay on thread i havent actually invented anything. My gripe was that i dont understand why she needs to say those things in the first place. I've only ever quoted actual direct lines from the show so i'm not sure what you think ive made up.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-08-26 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    If i wrote anything like this i'd get banned. Half the stuff people write to me would get me banned for writing literally the same thing back.
    I hope you can feel my eyes rolling through the computer screen because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

My guess is the reversal is because in the show Jen wants to be Jen whereas in the comics she prefers being She-Hulk. My prediction is by the end of the show she will like being She-Hulk more.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I hope you can feel my eyes rolling through the computer screen because I'm doing it as hard as I can.
    When is the last time someone called you a malignant sociopath, incel, fucking clueless(twice - by two different people talking to eachother about me), virgin, cringy snivelling whiner and a crybaby on this site without getting infracted exactly?

This is besides all the unfounded accusations of racism and misogyny btw.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    That is the problem of jumping in to the middle of a discussion without reading the context behind it. The discussion has always been about what the intent of what she is saying is.
    First off, I didn't jump in the middle.
    Secondly, you would still be wrong in your stance for the same reasons and are arguing semantics.

"Yes, she didn't literally say it, but it was totally what she meant!"

That's a completely unfalsifiable stance.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's probably best to keep in mind that, in the series, Jen has a co-worker that is very obviously an annoying and overbearing type, so there's probably a decent amount of projection when it comes to her talking about men lecturing her. Beyond that, though, both law school and the career law environment are well known for being distinctly unfriendly to women in the general sense. My niece just graduated from law school and passed her bar exam, and she could tell you some stories about law circles and the Boy's Club atmosphere that's predominant, not to mention casual sexism and related prejudices. Context is always key, but I can imagine Jen has encountered a number of annoying and likely infuriating obstacles in her career that Bruce never did as a man in a STEM career like nuclear/particle physics. So her proficiency at bottling her anger and managing her emotions is probably very on point and something she had to excel at above and beyond Bruce himself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

When is the last time someone called you a malignant sociopath, incel, fucking clueless(twice - by two different people talking to eachother about me), virgin, cringy snivelling whiner and a crybaby on this site without getting infracted exactly?

This is besides all the unfounded accusations of racism and misogyny btw.
    You are a whiner. You took a simple statement and manufactured some pretty bizarre motivations for that statement. And have been playing the victim card ever since.

The accusations of misogyny are well founded. I have yet to see you be racist in this thread but honestly if I took a peek into your posting history I’m entirely certain I would find something. You brought it up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I'll just leave this here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LQ7B4TFOu4
    None of us want to mess around with our YouTube recommendations because you can’t be bothered to provide a brief synopsis. Hammerfist would at least tell us which half assed troll he was getting his thoughts from.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean we don't know timelines. could be that Shang-Chi post credit scene happens the day before She-Hulk starts. a week or two later, the fight scene is leaked. one thing I will note is that the timing seems suspicious; quite literally days before his parole hearing and that video gets leaked?
    I'm not sure I'm explaining correctly. isn't Shang-Chi post credit scene - taking place after events of Chang-Chi? and in that scene Bruce still has his sling on? are you saying that timewise Shang-Chi happens before She-hulk and whoever released the footage just held on to it for that long? I suppose it could work that way and yeah, timing is very "convenient" gotta wonder if the lawfirm were the ones releasing it.... given how Halloway? was his name? was acting while waiting for Jen to call him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's probably best to keep in mind that, in the series, Jen has a co-worker that is very obviously an annoying and overbearing type, so there's probably a decent amount of projection when it comes to her talking about men lecturing her. Beyond that, though, both law school and the career law environment are well known for being distinctly unfriendly to women in the general sense. My niece just graduated from law school and passed her bar exam, and she could tell you some stories about law circles and the Boy's Club atmosphere that's predominant, not to mention casual sexism and related prejudices. Context is always key, but I can imagine Jen has encountered a number of annoying and likely infuriating obstacles in her career that Bruce never did as a man in a STEM career like nuclear/particle physics. So her proficiency at bottling her anger and managing her emotions is probably very on point and something she had to excel at above and beyond Bruce himself.
    all of this, thank you for saying it better then I could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

None of us want to mess around with our YouTube recommendations because you can’t be bothered to provide a brief synopsis. Hammerfist would at least tell us which half assed troll he was getting his thoughts from.
    I'll save you the click - critical drinker. I've seen enough of his videos to tell you that while he is far from the worst of the "modern movies are trash cause woke pandering" crowd and can be occasionally even entertaining, he is definitely biased heavily in that direction.

It's critical drinker, save your algorithm and do not touch. Nothing in that video would be anything other than alt-right stupidity anyway and can easily be ignored.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    This is why folks can't have a conversation. Someone says they don't like a thing, and your response is, "well, that's because you are the problem".

I mean, you could could call me dirty and tell folks that I never shower. I get upset that you would frame me like that, especially if I think folks will just go along with you and believe it. Then your response is, "wow you are a little ruffled, I guess it was a little on the nose". You set your opposition up in an unwinable situation. If I don't protest, your claim stands, which you call proof. If I do protest, you say it's because I know it's true, which you also call proof. It's a lose/lose situation. So every conversation ends right there where it began.

"You sir, are a dirty, no-shower person"
    - "No I'm not, I shower every day"
    "My thinks thou doth protest too much!"
    - "I'm protesting because what you said isn't true"
    "That's exactly what a dirty, no-shower person would say"

The next problem is you can get called from pretty terrible stuff if you dislike a movie that you aren't allowed to dislike.
    Some movie comes out staring a dude and I say, "that show was pretty bad. Had really bad writing", and no one cares. They either agree or disagree and go about their day.
    Another movie comes out staring a women and I say, "that show was pretty bad. Had really bad writing", and now the folks who disagree rebut that I only think that because I hate women.

I'm just saying, if someone complains about something, or just say they didn't like it, don't default to, "well I did like it, and I'm a good person, so that means you are a bad person". Both you and the person you disagree with can be good people and have opposing views on any number of topics. So regarding the thing they complain about, maybe there are legit reasons they didn't like it. Or maybe they just have an opinion that's different than yours, but can still be a good person.
    Yeah I'm not talking about those people? I am talking about the people who have outright called it, and I quote, "man-hatey". To which I respond, that I do not think its man-hatey at all, and thats that. I'm also talking about my own personal interactions where people have said this to me in discussion, not in a forum, not someones youtube review and certainly not someone simply saying they didn't like the show lol.

Your entire post is made up of mostly assumption about what you think I am saying here, and I get it, especially on this forum, lots of people respond exactly that way. But go ahead and check out my post history- I'm not one of them. I simply disagree with the assessment that its "man-hatey" or "anti-men". You'll note I hope that I keep using quotes here. Because that's the only thing I am talking about. I have not shared a stance on anyone bashing the writing or the cgi or literally anything other than the, and again quoted, "anti-man" bit.

as for my comment about it being on the nose- your example isn't even using the same context I was? I'm not saying, "Oh your feathers are ruffled I guess it [my comment that its not anti-man] was on the nose". Not at all. I am saying that the lines in the show were, at worst, on the nose.

There are many reasons why we can't have conversations, especially on this forum, but I'm afraid you're not talking to the kind of person you think you are in this case, and my post history (outside of one incident with a sociopath) supports that.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2022-08-26 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I am not going to act like she is saying something that she isn't saying.
    How YOU view what she is saying is NOT what she IS saying.

I have no problem if you claimed "this is how I took it." but you are arrogantly demanding everyone else has to take it that way. That scene is Jen saying things that make her angry specifically, not their cause. You are taking Jen speaking in the first person and applying it to all women. The show isn't doing that, just you.

So, I do not share you delusional view of the scene. I take the scene at face value, you don't.
    So... let me get this straight:

Your view about what she said is allowed and totally correct.
    Someone else's view about the same thing she said is completely wrong and arrogant.

I can smell the hypocrisy from here.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    There's been some talk about it. He did attempt suicide and failed because of the Hulk. There was his discussions with Black Widow.

I read recently that a Hulk movie might be on the horizon because Universal's rights expire next year.
    yeah, there's been some and that's good, I just felt like it was a missed opportunity is all. I'd welcome a ruffalo hulk movie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I really loved the way the way they dealt with moon knights DiD and would fit them to do something similar with the hulk though I think the whole universal thing makes that less likely to happens and he’ll just keep being a side character unfortunately.
    Moonknight was a phenomenal example, I can't wait for him to come back. The universal thing is a shame =( But hopefully like Ivanstone mentioned, the rights expiring opens him up for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's ridiculous and untrue. Literally nothing I said there was against site rules. I keep making an effort to bring the discussion back on-topic to She-Hulk, even, to try and make sure those side discussions remain at least tangentially on-topic.

I'm not responsible for what other people write, but only what i write - and i havent been misogynistic once. I've been called everything from sociopath to racist in this thread alone with absolutely no repercussions.
    Have you reported those posts? Use the report function. It may take several days for a mod to get to it, but they do process them all, and a mod may not think it's worth hitting, but that's up to the mod team, not users.

Are you trying to say i should take responsebility for what other people write to me?
    No, I'm saying you should take some responsibility for the things you have posted, if you earned an infraction for them. Did you, even, in this thread? I know at least one other guy did, but he was way over the line and if you're defending him on it that's ridiculous.

As for the last part and to stay on thread i havent actually invented anything. My gripe was that i dont understand why she needs to say those things in the first place. I've only ever quoted actual direct lines from the show so i'm not sure what you think ive made up.
    Let's review, shall we?

You jumped in to shit on Tatiana Maslany's attractiveness, and stated you were "super tired of the female has to outdo male trope", as if the only way a woman could ever be better than a man is if someone's pushing a trope or agenda.

You claimed Moon Knight was a "big dump on masculinity", which is just ridiculous.

You started in on the details of She-Hulk here, where you dismiss women's issues with violence and prejudice directly, saying "obivous that when you have the main character say things like she is angry because she is a women and she has dealt with catcalling - as if thats the worst thing in the world". And here, you're inventing the "as if that's the worst thing in the world", which was not only not implied by the dialogue but directly contradicted because catcalling was an early mention in a list that ramped up to "murder". You also in this post claimed that Walters was "instantly stronger than the hulk in every single way", which is another invention; not only is it not true, the show takes pains to show Banner's significantly stronger, and you just chose to lie about that.

Here, you tried to claim a few things;
    1> That "a pretty substantual majority dislikes this sort of thing", and to that, https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/sh...ttorney_at_law, categorically false and you don't have any backup for that claim; you just made it up out of nothing.
    2> You claim "She can instantly turn back and forth between hulk and normal form because she is a women", which is a lie. She can turn back and forth because she's capable of controlling her anger. Nothing to do with "being a woman"; you made that up.
    3> You said She had literally no identity crysis - she didnt struggle with rage issues or having to overcome and control her anger like bruce did for many years.", and while this is true, you're deliberately misrepresenting the show because it makes it clear that's a problem with Bruce specifically, as an individual; it has fuck-all to do with gender.

You made this comment; "I disagree with the whole women have it harder agenda." Which, y'know, is fairly misogynistic, given the mountains of extant prejudice out there including stuff like the current attack on women's basic self-ownership that's ongoing in the USA right now.

And from there we start getting repetitive and this is already pretty long. But the idea that you haven't been making shit up? Absolutely frickin' false and it's disrespectful as hell for you to shit there and unashamedly claim otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    So... let me get this straight:

Your view about what she said is allowed and totally correct.
    Someone else's view about the same thing she said is completely wrong and arrogant.

I can smell the hypocrisy from here.
    My view: Does not add anything to the scene.
    Their view: adds things to the scene.

And it is funny "You smell hypocrisy" but you don't because I literally stated in the post you quote that I don't care if that is HOW he views the scene, but he is saying everyone who views the scene as presented is wrong because you have to connected the dots and believe it is saying more than it is.

He has every right to take the scene how he wants.
    He does not have a right to tell me that I am being dishonest because I do not share his same assumptions.

You don't know what hypocrisy is.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

My view: Does not add anything to the scene.
    Their view: adds things to the scene.

And it is funny "You smell hypocrisy" but you don't because I literally stated in the post you quote that I don't care if that is HOW he views the scene, but he is saying everyone who views the scene as presented is wrong because you have to connected the dots and believe it is saying more than it is.

He has every right to take the scene how he wants.
    He does not have a right to tell me that I am being dishonest because I do not share his same assumptions.

You don't know what hypocrisy is.
    I owe you an apology then. I had no idea that you are the absolute authority on what the showrunner and the entire writing team's mindset or intent was when they made that scene. You must be a brilliant mind reader or part of the production team to know the meaning of every scene/line with 100% clarity.

In that case I'm sure everyone else is wrong and you are only one who interprets the show correctly. My hat's off to you, Sir.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    I owe you an apology then. I had no idea that you are the absolute authority on what the showrunner and the entire writing team's mindset or intent was when they made that scene. You must be a brilliant mind reader or part of the production team to know the meaning of every scene/line with 100% clarity.

In that case I'm sure everyone else is wrong and you are only one who interprets the show correctly. My hat's off to you, Sir.
    I don't care what the showrunner's opinion is. I care what the scene shows us specifically.

I am making a judgment on what the show shows us.

It is ironic you are calling me out for this when it better explains Peon's position. But, I guess you don't have a problem with the behavior so long as people agree with you right? If you want to argue what the intent of the writers was, you need something more than "Words made me feel this." Either a showrunner or writer will say it that was the intent otherwise it is just what someone feels.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-08-26 at 07:52 PM.
    –The Sith Code