10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Oh I didn’t know they were coordinated, thought the league assigned it.
    I think the league assigns the games where teams have not made arrangements themselves.

Patriots have played the Giants in the preseason since like 2000? I think, and have played the Giants as the last game of the preseason since 2003 (this is the first year it's a different team (the Raiders....where McDaniels is)).

This Wiki entry mentions a bunch of frequent match ups of other teams: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_preseason

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the equivalent of when a teacher tells you to pair up for a project but you have no friends so she picks for both people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Kind of surprised the Bills are playing almost all of their starters.

Bills #1 offense vs Broncos #2/#3 defense is a slaughter.

Look, it's the preseason.

But the Bills depth is insane. 6 drives, 6 TDs. I know Russ didn't play nor did most of the Broncos starters, but we basically pulled ours after the first drive.

It's quite something to behold. I don't even remember this kind of depth in the 90s, but I was a kid so I may have not been paying attention to the bottom 10 guys.

Best part is our only real camp "battle" is at punter, and we haven't punted yet today.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Look, it's the preseason.

But the Bills depth is insane. 6 drives, 6 TDs. I know Russ didn't play nor did most of the Broncos starters, but we basically pulled ours after the first drive.

It's quite something to behold. I don't even remember this kind of depth in the 90s, but I was a kid so I may have not been paying attention to the bottom 10 guys.

Best part is our only real camp "battle" is at punter, and we haven't punted yet today.
    It wasn't even just not playing starters, most of the people that were playing defense at the start of the game aren't even making the roster. I think it was just Damarri Mathis (who the Bills completely ignored him and threw at Ojemudia every play) and Caden Sterns who are for sure making it. Hackett seems to have the mindset of not wanting to do preseason games and just wants them done with. Not sure that is a good idea with a bunch of a coaches who have never been in their positions before and a new offensive system.

Even then, this secondary is going to be very, very rough. Outside of Surtain, it is injured guys, 4th round pick and nothing else. Not very optimistic about the defense, especially with 1 starting ILB being hurt and the depth there being even worse than corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders backups giving Miami's starters more than they can handle so far on both sides of the ball.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Ravens extend to 22 Pre-season wins with a 24 to 17 win over the Cardinals in Arizona .The streak continues !

Back up QB to Lamar, Tyler Huntley was again very good his NFL game day experience from last season shone thru.

Tight end Isaiah Likely, who the Ravens drafted in the 4th Round ex Coastal Carolina. Is proving such an amazing find.
    Last edited by Hugo88; 2022-08-22 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WR Kevin White went to IR which feels like an annual tradition.
    /s

Joe Schobert lasted a whole week before getting cut. He was awful against the Bills and Denver's ILB depth is non existent, so probably means he is done. Kind of weird to see an ILB fall off that quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Joe Schobert lasted a whole week before getting cut. He was awful against the Bills and Denver's ILB depth is non existent, so probably means he is done. Kind of weird to see an ILB fall off that quick.
    Patriots will probably only run with 1 actual ILB on the roster once we get down to 53.

Technically we also have Bentley on the roster at ILB, but he's been put to use at Edge/OLB spot in certain key spots lately, so rumor is that the Patriots are going to run a 3-4 base with Judon and Bentley as edge linebackers, 1 actual ILB and 1 safety playing at a linebacker spot.

Who needs ILBs, right?

I kind of want to watch the Bills game now. Matt Barkley is practicing punting because the only one on their roster had some information that I thought was already known come out.

The Jags should do this with CJ Beathard with how well their kicker collecting is going for them.

I kind of want to watch the Bills game now. Matt Barkley is practicing punting because the only one on their roster had some information that I thought was already known come out.

The Jags should do this with CJ Beathard with how well their kicker collecting is going for them.
    He wasn't named til yesterday. I'm waiting for them to cut him, but maybe they want to find another punter first. What a shitshow.

He wasn't named til yesterday. I'm waiting for them to cut him, but maybe they want to find another punter first. What a shitshow.
    The lawsuit came out yesterday, but I thought I remembered seeing something about the incident before the draft even happened. I could be mixing it up with someone else.

At least the Bills won't be punting much and they can grab someone from one of the teams that have a punting competition.

The lawsuit came out yesterday, but I thought I remembered seeing something about the incident before the draft even happened. I could be mixing it up with someone else.

At least the Bills won't be punting much and they can grab someone from one of the teams that have a punting competition.
    There were stories about unnamed SDSU players before the draft. I know I (and other Bills fans) wondered how Araiza was the 3rd punter taken, so now there's a question if people knew vaguely about this and passed on him. The L.A. Times story which broke yesterday suggested everyone on campus knew this happened and were angry at the school/police doing nothing.

There was a local San Diego news channel story in like, June, after he had signed his rookie contract but before training camp, but that also didn't name him.

The lawyer for the victim is saying he contacted the Bills at the end of July, so about 3 weeks ago, which is disturbing. Because we had a punting competition, and cut our other punter just this past Monday, and when the story broke yesterday they said that they had "done an extensive investigation" which is looking like nonsense.

There were stories about unnamed SDSU players before the draft. I know I (and other Bills fans) wondered how Araiza was the 3rd punter taken, so now there's a question if people knew vaguely about this and passed on him. The L.A. Times story which broke yesterday suggested everyone on campus knew this happened and were angry at the school/police doing nothing.
    Would explain a lot, but if this much was known information I'm not sure why the Bills would even draft him in the first place. No matter how talented he is, he's just a punter. Punt God is awesome, but not awesome if he did the things he's accused of.

Hell this would be the second player that teams claimed they did 'extensive investigations on' that the team is either lying their asses off or really hiring some bad firms to dig up dirt. Looks like the Browns defending the Watson stuff if the Bills knew the info that was out there yet still defended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Would explain a lot, but if this much was known information I'm not sure why the Bills would even draft him in the first place. No matter how talented he is, he's just a punter. Punt God is awesome, but not awesome if he did the things he's accused of.
    The Bills probably didn't know he was involved at the time. I doubt teams do background checks on players they take in later rounds.

The Bills probably didn't know he was involved at the time. I doubt teams do background checks on players they take in later rounds.
    Nah, teams will know about that shit if it's documented. Jacksen Carman went through something similar at Clemson, but good ol' Mikey didn't care.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/4/2...-draft-clemson

https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/statu...htmode%3Dfalse

What made this case unique was that SDPD asked SDSU to NOT conduct a Title IX investigation out of fear that it would impede their criminal investigation. No title IX investigation, no documentation any NFL team could pick up on.

Buffalo probably made a honest mistake here, that is, assuming that knowing prior to the draft would've deterred them from drafting Ariza.

Decent amount of injuries so far. Hopefully none of them are bad.

Bills/Panthers has a QB punting and a punter kicking now. Just need a kicker playing QB.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    What made this case unique was that SDPD asked SDSU to NOT conduct a Title IX investigation out of fear that it would impede their criminal investigation. No title IX investigation, no documentation any NFL team could pick up on.

Buffalo probably made a honest mistake here, that is, assuming that knowing prior to the draft would've deterred them from drafting Ariza.
    Yeah, kind of what I meant. They would have needed to look into it themselves to know if he was involved or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed mostly because I like punting and it was exciting to see some enthusiasm around a punter. Oh well, let justice take its course.

Saints offense looking good with Winston and Dalton again.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post

This is also interesting because now that Araiza isn't in college any more, he doesn't need to comply with any Title IX investigation. It's out of the NFL's jurisdiction because it happened before he was in the NFL, and now he's out of SDSU's jurisdiction because he's no longer an NCAA athlete.

Smells like running out the clock, or collusion to sweep it under the rug for just long enough. It's interesting that the SDPD "allowed" SDSU to start their investigation right after Araiza signed his rookie contract and officially became a professional football player.

- - - Updated - - -

Sean McDermott press conference he sounded visibily shaken. I don't know if he's a good actor, but he sounds like he didn't know about this stuff til yesterday. Said the decision to sit Araiza was his. Made one dumb statement about thoughts and prayers for the victim *and* Matt. Sounds like the front office has some explaining to do.