Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I the only one who wants this feature from FFXIV in WoW?

Random Leveling Dungeon Queue.

I love this in FFXIV because it keeps ALL the dungeons alive and relevant and helps new players find groups faster for their dungeons. All they would have to do to incentivize it but not make it feel mandatory is offer some Valor or something as the reward for doing a few of them per week.

Have it work like time walking, and sync you down to the level and gear for the dungeon or like Normal mode sync where people's healing damage etc is reflective for the level.

I just would love to do some of the old dungeons again outside of Timewalking and I enjoy helping new players out but the only way I can help them in dungeons is to go in on my max lvl toons and do it for them. Its not helping them learn.

Sounds like a great idea, honestly.

people have wanted that for over 10 years. and the technology for it has also existed for a long time.

in particular max level dungeons just haven't been in the leveling queue ever since TBC, few of them eventually became timewalking but many are just sitting there unused. oftentimes you also level faster than dungeons stay relevant, or queues are seperated per expansion instead of lumping them all together.

in general wow has always been bad at re-using old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    people have wanted that for over 10 years. and the technology for it has also existed for a long time.

in particular max level dungeons just haven't been in the leveling queue ever since TBC, few of them eventually became timewalking but many are just sitting there unused. oftentimes you also level faster than dungeons stay relevant, or queues are seperated per expansion instead of lumping them all together.

in general wow has always been bad at re-using old content.
    This is why I like FFXIV's Duty Finder system. They keep everything they've made alive and well via Queues and offering a LITTLE reward (Tomes aka Valor) for doing them so they don't feel MANDATORY (since Tomes can be gotten from pretty much anything)

I am still looking forward to Dragonflight but I think a Leveling dungeon queue would be a great step into keeping things alive and well in the game. So much history is forgotten and just left to rot outside of Timewalking.

I'm not against it, but I would not use it as a max level character. Once I hit max, I never set foot in anything below m+, so RDF is meaningless to me.

For leveling it would be nice, but I think combining all different chromie time queues without delay would be enough help to shorten queue times.

Also you're talking about history: Since S4 and continuing with DF we will see old dungeons as endgame content again, so at least partly your idea is implemented.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-08-28 at 11:57 PM.

I mean they're bringing back certain old dungeons for M+ now and all dungeons are viable content while leveling in chromie time, that's kind of better than what you're asking for imo or at least pretty comparable

i don't play ff and i don't get how that is different to wow's dungeon finder how it currently is.

is this purely about the selection of dungeons e.g. putting low level dungeons like wailing caverns in there for max level characters to help out?
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    i don't play ff and i don't get how that is different to wow's dungeon finder how it currently is.

is this purely about the selection of dungeons e.g. putting low level dungeons like wailing caverns in there for max level characters to help out?
    Its literally timewalking... but not timegated and includes every dungeon thats been released at some point in the game.

WoW is merely aiming to create fomo by timegating all those old dungeons theyve added as timewalking instead of giving us variety AND at the sametime help leveling players get groups faster.

The only feature I want from FFXIV to WoW is a mod, called Void List. I am able to completely erase any character I don't want to look at on my screen by adding them to Void List, and thus completely removing any trace of their presence. I usually do it to FCs with certain acronyms because they are attention starved. It would come handy in WoW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post

The FFXIV Levelling Dungeon queue is a specific random dungeon queue, which places you in to groups with lowbie characters who're doing dungeons to level. It's designed to make sure low level characters aren't waiting hours for a dungeon pop, and they convince max level characters to do it by giving them their equivalent of valor.

It's a very interesting idea, hamstrung(imo) by how it downlevels your max level character, so you lose spells and effects that you gained above the level of the dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

So timewalking, but you're doing normal dungeons instead of heroic and can get into dungeons from any expansion at any time rather than it being a weekly thing?

Sure, I'd be fine with that.

Would I use it? Depends on the rewards.

Problem with leveling dungeons in WoW is that players leveling in Chrome Time can't even queue for multiple/all expansion dungeons at the moment.

Blizzard can start with changing that first.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-08-29 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Waste of resources for a feature that'll barely get used. Pass.

there is something similar with buddy adventures you scale down to the persons level and play with them thru content over again but its not the same and i get that but timewalking and so on have been a nice touch but we should be able to q for any instance and scale down to that level range and go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Waste of resources for a feature that'll barely get used. Pass.
    Well the waste of resources would be marginal - system like this is already in game, all the leveling dungeons are scalable currently, they are just split into 2 brackets - 48-60 for Shadowlands, and 10-50 for every other expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludek View Post
    Well the waste of resources would be marginal - system like this is already in game, all the leveling dungeons are scalable currently, they are just split into 2 brackets - 48-60 for Shadowlands, and 10-50 for every other expansion.
    By the time people can get geared enough for Mythics (literally about 30 minutes after hitting max level) these dungeons are fully pointless. If there were a use case for them that made sense, I'd say go for it but with the way that the game works currently this seems like a lot of effort for something that'll barely ever get used.

I'm indifferent about it, but would be neat. What I want is the trust system from FF14 so I can see the story in dungeons/raids without having to deal with finding a group.. don't even care if it doesn't drop loot; just let me complete the quest that sent me there.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

the reason it's in FF14 with rewards, is because you have to run some dungeons to move the story forward. there's also the trials and the raid thing at the end of a realm reborn, can't do them if no one wants to run them, so they added this system. they'd have to add valor or something meaningful for max level characters, otherwise it's kinda pointless.
    the levelling process is less story driven in wow, so i dunno how it would help. there's basically no epic story in wow, unlike FF14, Lotro, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    By the time people can get geared enough for Mythics (literally about 30 minutes after hitting max level) these dungeons are fully pointless. If there were a use case for them that made sense, I'd say go for it but with the way that the game works currently this seems like a lot of effort for something that'll barely ever get used.
    Not everyone is doing the whole crafted gear, anima, valor, legendary etc "pimp my char" the moment they ding 60. Some players just play the game without any preparation whatsoever.

You'd think that normal dungeons should have exactly zero lv60 players in them. But there are still people doing them at max level, with absolutely trash geared chars who can't even queue for heroics. These people would be the target audience and I believe they'd be happy for a wider variety of dungeons to play. And if they help popping the queue for leveling player faster, what's not to like?

They should make old content viable and relvant all the time. And they should give us the option to activate chromietime on max level. I really want to go back and do some old quests, but its just oneshotting with 1mio+ crits and thats boring.

Itemlevel of Timewalking Things could be slightly under LFR.

They could keep the rotaion of timewalking and increas the itemlevel of items from this content. Like usual itemlevel of timewalk is 235. LFR is 240, Normal 252 etc. And if Cata Timewalk is the weekly Event all Cata items are like 250 or something.

And what they should also do is increas the itemlevel of timewalking/questitems after a few weeks into the patch.

I mean its super boring and not exciting to get 235 LFR Gear when the raidcontent is like 4-5 Months old.

Honestly that is my biggest problem with leveling right now... you always see the same dungeons and the only way to see different ones is when your queue is to slow.

And not even every dungeon is the queue in the first place like the max level dungeons.

I understand that raids cannot be evergreen. Would be chaos and you would run the same raid everytime because of that one trinket.

But dungeons while leveling? There are so many dungeons people never see becuase they didn't play that expansion. Like the suramar ones or basically every legion endgame dungeon.
    Or the ones from Cata...

It truly is a shame. Its such good content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    They should make old content viable and relvant all the time. And they should give us the option to activate chromietime on max level. I really want to go back and do some old quests, but its just oneshotting with 1mio+ crits and thats boring.

Itemlevel of Timewalking Things could be slightly under LFR.

They could keep the rotaion of timewalking and increas the itemlevel of items from this content. Like usual itemlevel of timewalk is 235. LFR is 240, Normal 252 etc. And if Cata Timewalk is the weekly Event all Cata items are like 250 or something.

And what they should also do is increas the itemlevel of timewalking/questitems after a few weeks into the patch.

I mean its super boring and not exciting to get 235 LFR Gear when the raidcontent is like 4-5 Months old.
    This would be a balance nightmare especially with trinkets. Some of them would be op no matter the iLvl