Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yes I believe they still will get boo'd when they enter Stormwind/Orgrimmar
    Not from me. I was shouting ‘boo-urns’.

- - - Updated - - -

It won’t be too bad. They’ll probably cut the XP requirements in Outlands by 30% once Wrath starts. Like they did originally. Plus, with the special class ability ‘unbalance game’, they’ll blow through BC content at record speed.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Complaining about levelling after... 17 years of this now would indicate someone's playing the wrong game (and obv not you, Utrrabbit).
    I'm glad someone said it. It's almost as if they want people to have to work toward the end game instead of just waking up in northrend.

15+ Year Old Account
    They'll have the starting zone which was 55. You'll be 60 before you even leave it and waffle off to Outland. There's no reason to offer it for a DK.

Leveling is a part of the game. Leveling in outland post lk pre patch will be severly nerfed iirc. A DK will do 55-70 in no time, specially those in guilds and getting support cause of rerolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, between the class walking in with decent gear, reduced xp and prepatch being stocked with a small mountain of godmode prot paladins who can boost you through shattered halls, DKs will be 70 within a day or two of prepatch.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Honestly, between the class walking in with decent gear, reduced xp and prepatch being stocked with a small mountain of godmode prot paladins who can boost you through shattered halls, DKs will be 70 within an hour or two of prepatch.
    fixed /10 chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will have them with pre patch, will hit 60 within their intro, then you just need 8 levels.

You´ll find groups easily.

There were 60 boosts for tbcc so I don't see why a 70 boost isn't in the works for wotlk. Why you would not be able to use said boost on a deathknight is beyond anything blizz has stated so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    There were 60 boosts for tbcc so I don't see why a 70 boost isn't in the works for wotlk. Why you would not be able to use said boost on a deathknight is beyond anything blizz has stated so far.
    Same reason you couldn't boost Blood Elves and Draenei.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Same reason you couldn't boost Blood Elves and Draenei.
    I found their justification for allowing the new races two weeks early but not allowing boosts for them to be somewhat contradictory. Even more so with realm first achievements for death knights, being able to funnel t6 to a dk before the race starts cheapens the original nature of the achievement.

Level 60-70 should be nerfed with patch 3.4.0 which is based on 3.3.5a. Death Knights are also very overpowered during levelling making Outland feel far easier on a Death Knight than anything else you have experienced in TBC: Classic. We are also getting 6-8 weeks with "Joyous Journeys - Summer XP Buff Event" giving +50% EXP from all sources within the game. It will drop before pre-patch, but you should still have at least 3-4 weeks with this buff for levelling a Death Knight speeding it up even further.

Blizzard loves to sell Boost, now you can legally get level 58 for a character, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a service to get level 80, just buy WotLK Boost from blizzard, not spend gold on Dungeons etc... They legalized the sale of gold on Retail, it's their style.

If I was leveling a DK and I got to Outland , I would do weekend BGs to level .

PVP experience is coming back with pre-patch .

As well as XP with your 50% Joyous Journeys boost you will get lots of Honor to purchase cool gear at lvl 70

You can possibly ding 2 levels per hour doing weekend BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah, sadly, you can't boost them. Blizzard still hasn't learned, after Classic-Classic, Classic-TBC and Season of Mastery, that most players do not like leveling, yet they force it upon us.

While some will now say "I love leveling", this is a fanboy forum, this doesn't represent most players, the average player, the non-fanboy, ONLY care about endgame and for the average player (and me included) the game BEGINS at max level.

Learn from your mistakes Blizzard, next time, make servers where we can start at max level, save us some pain and time!
    FFS, DK’s level fast, you already get a 50% xp bonus, and level 60-70 XP requirements drop 30% at prepatch. It won’t take you long and dungeons should be easy to group for.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Blizzard still hasn't learned, after Classic-Classic, Classic-TBC and Season of Mastery, that most players do not like leveling, y
    While some will now say "I love leveling", this is a fanboy forum, this doesn't represent most players, the average player, the non-fanboy, ONLY care about endgame and for the average player (and me included) the game BEGINS at max level.
    I love leveling, I just don't love doing this same leveling pathway again and again and again. If there was real variations to leveling I don't think it would at all be an issue. The concept that an MMO only begins at max level is something that WoW has perpetuated at the detriment to the genre as whole, it pigeon-holes content into the minority of the world and makes 95% of the game irrelevant as you move through level caps. This wouldn't be an issue if the goal posts for "end-game" didn't consistently move, but they do because there's far too much focus on vertical progression and "player-power".

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    FFS, DK’s level fast, you already get a 50% xp bonus, and level 60-70 XP requirements drop 30% at prepatch. It won’t take you long and dungeons should be easy to group for.
    Also this; even with the 3.3.5 balancing DK's will power through content solo or in groups. I still fully expect them to be able to 5 DK their way through the BC dungeons, especially since their gear set earned during the intro scenario is very good for its level bracket.
    Last edited by A Blue Smurf; 2022-08-30 at 12:43 AM.