Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "woke" is right up there with "nazi". Both of them are used in the sense of "everything I don't like" to the point of rendering them meaningless.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I just listened to a good video about this on YouTube.

TL;DW: Anyone who genuinely believes in 'woke' culture is too obsessed with other peoples' sausage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/busin...rsy/index.html

Can someone please explain to me how fake meat is 'woke'?
    "fake" meat is not "woke". People using the term "woke" about something, especially like that, are dumbasses. "Fake" meat is just another option of a product to make a market and make it easier for people to keep to their diet of choice, or make changes that don't seem as extreme - and then some of it doesn't taste that bad.

- sincerely, the carnivore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    What does woke mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    What does woke mean?
    That's the indeed because it's original use as a slang term is long gone. Now it kimd of just means "Xyz is woke because it changed even if that change has no different impact on me"

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What does woke mean?
    anything from being aware of societal problems to making them up where there is none and everything in-between.

As with any terminology trying to encapsulate bigger issues within a small word it tends to fail shortly after being created. But usually you can use context to understand the meaning of it in any given situation.

Though I would say it has more negative connotation nowadays since I don't even hear pro-people using the word woke anymore except when they defend the term.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Could people just not order the impossible sausage?

edit: lmao. impossible sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/busin...rsy/index.html

Can someone please explain to me how fake meat is 'woke'?
    It doesn't matter what these people think.
    Anyone who uses the word 'woke' isn't worth debating.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't care about plant-based food even if it's more nutritious or tastes better. I love meat because I know the suffering the herbivore went through and that makes it way tastier.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2022-08-29 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Trolling

15+ Year Old Account
    What does woke mean?
    Literally just being aware of problems within our society. Like, waking up to the reality of the world. Hand it to rightwing reactionary chuds to turn that into an insult.

I love meat but if there was a plant based alternative that both tasted the same and was healthier for me I would swap.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelMadcow View Post
    I don't care about plant-based food even if it's more nutritious or tastes better. I love meat because I know the suffering the herbivore went through and that makes it way tastier.

Infracted.
    Careful with all that edge...you're going to cut yourself.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Careful with all that edge...you're going to cut yourself.
    I have an entire playlist of carnivores eating prey alive on youtube, I watch it when I'm eating. Not trying to be edgy, this is actually my fetish.
    Here's an example. Go ahead if you want to report me, I will keep watching these videos when I eat, and makes me appreciate that delicious meat even more.

-snip-
    Last edited by Rozz; 2022-08-30 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Mod Edit: Removed Link

I have an entire playlist of carnivores eating prey alive on youtube, I watch it when I'm eating. Not trying to be edgy, this is actually my fetish.
    Here's an example. Go ahead if you want to report me, I will keep watching these videos when I eat, and makes me appreciate that delicious meat even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwEC...el=FelixChavez
    Whatever you say, edgelord.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Whatever you say, edgelord.
    Whatever you say, incel.

Whatever you say, incel.
    We can see your posting history, you know that right? So that label would fit you better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    We can see your posting history, you know that right? So that label would fit you better than him.
    oh noes, le redditor is going to go through my post history instead of focusing on topic, whatever will i do?

This guy gives off some major serial killer vibes, reminiscent of Albert Fish.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

I'd guess that if you just eat your plant-based food then nobody cares. But if you go around campaigning that everyone has to eat it and try to shame/force companies into removing meat based food then you could call that woke. Forcing your beliefs upon everyone because you think they are the divine truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I'd guess that if you just eat your plant-based food then nobody cares. But if you go around campaigning that everyone has to eat it and try to shame/force companies into removing meat based food then you could call that woke. Forcing your beliefs upon everyone because you think they are the divine truth.
    I don't think Cracker Barrel removed any meat items from their menu, they just added a plant-based one as I understand it. So it seems that the people bitching about this move are the ones who are trying to force their beliefs on everyone else.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020