Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I mentioned two games that I never played. WC3: R, while I bought it, I got my refund, I saw what they did and wasn't going to let them keep my money.
    Diablo: Immortal I never touched.
    BfA and SL, well, I figured they were continuing their tick tock of good bad good bad with expansions. BfA was fine towards the end, I even was enjoying myself with the N'Zoth stuff, though the way that storyline ended was... eesh.
    SL I had very high hopes for. I was pretty fascinated by the idea of us going there. I quit in about 3 months post release and have not gone back at all.
    So you said you were scorned by 4 products that you only played 2? Bold strategy Cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicalnerd View Post
    Jesus Christ you people are cheap. If you don’t want the stuff don’t buy it. It baffles me people will pay $1600+ for a gaming rig but oh no $30 season pass? This is an outrage
    Tell me about it. Must be nice to constantly have enough free time on your hands and having anger issues over a game company that won't miss you or your money nor care, since us normal people will buy the game and enjoy it while the naysayers continue bursting blood vessels in their heads over how much they hate paying for a game they know almost nothing about nor have played yet and making it publicly known they never had any intention to buy the game anyways. People are cheap with a chip on their shoulders bigger than their heads.

The pharmacies making blood pressure pills must be making a mint off anti-diablo gamers with prescriptions.

If you don't want to play the game, we are fine with that. Don't buy it. Boycott Blizzard forever for all we care. But why come here and ruin the fun for ppl like me who are genuinely excited over the game and just wanna discuss our excitement? Why drown us with your misery? Seriously, such childish behavior. We get it. You don't like buying cosmetics. YOU ARE CHEAP! WE DONT CARE!

Edit: And I'm still completely baffled by the ignorance here. Comparing Diablo Immortal (a free mobile game with heavy mtx) to Diablo 4 which is not a free mobile game, and assuming it's gonna be the same like they never heard of the mobile game market before. It's a different audience of players DI is geared towards. And you don't have to pay a penny to play DI. I completed the campaign on every class without paying a dime. I mean, Nintendo came out with a bunch of mtx ridden licensed free mobile games and no one bitched about that. The hypocrisy stench is overwhelming.

Get with the times people. Get used to it. This is the new norm. Either accept it and play along or dont and walk away and find something new. Its not gonna change for u or me or anyone. Its being used in everything now, not just games (lookup BMW doing subscription services). And ffs grow the eff up. It's not gonna change because you want it to. You aren't special. Games are also becoming more and more expensive for development, support, marketing, upkeep, and continuous content. It costs money and the player base demands are higher like more content, more things to do, longer lifespan of the game we buy. That means more revenue is necessary.

I will be however pre-ordering the game for PC AND Xbox. Let the eyes roollllllllllllllll lmfao!
    Last edited by Unseen Guest; 2022-08-30 at 01:25 AM.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    So you said you were scorned by 4 products that you only played 2? Bold strategy Cotton.
    I was talking as the gaming audience in general for Blizzard over the past few years. These are, indeed, things people have been scorned by. I was speaking broadly.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Ultimately we will have to see. But no, I wouldn't believe him.

The demos between mobile gamers and PC gamers are very different despite them both failing under the same umbrella term of "gamers". Most companies realize that and that's why they market these products differently.
    we will see at current they state D4 will only have cosmetics in the Marketplace,

100% those cosmetics will add AP/DR buffs, to the player per costume or something making people want to buy them.

and the images they released with ingame gear looking visually better than shop gear, who would buy shop gear then,
    they are lying to peoples faces and will change shop after the game is better received if the launch is smoother than d3.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

"battle passes"
    "premium currency"

I absolutely detest these marketing ploys.

I am paying a box price for a game, can I just play the game and not feel like I'm being fucked repeatedly?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    "battle passes"
    "premium currency"

I am paying a box price for a game, can I just play the game and not feel like I'm being fucked repeatedly?
    Welcome to 2022. Thank the idiot that removed the rock you were living under.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Welcome to 2022. Thank the idiot that removed the rock you were living under.
    So just because its the current year makes it ok?

Then that would result in D3-esque seasons that make minor changes at best, vs. having seasons that add new content and make meaningful changes to the game. That requires ongoing monetization to fund development of free content and you don't have to spend a penny after buying the game to receive that free content.

As you get older, more mature, and common sense/logic enter your brain, you will come to realize that life throws things at you that you don't like or don't want to deal with. You will also realize that there are things you cannot control or change just because you don't like it. So you have two choices, shut the fuck up and accept this as the new norm and move on like an adult. Or be stubborn and a cheap ass about it, and never play games again as a result and find something else to do. Because gaming as an industry is going this same direction. And there is no way to stop it. This is the new norm. Grow up and deal with it. Or grow up and swear off gaming as a hobby for good because you are cheap. Take comfort in the fact that all of the D4 mtx are just cosmetic. You don't need them. It's your money. You spend it your way. No one Is forcing you to succumb to mtx purchases. Only you. So...grow up.

Make your choice. Otherwise you are going to continue with the disappointment.
    Last edited by Unseen Guest; 2022-08-30 at 07:25 PM.

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

"battle passes"
    "premium currency"

Wait a minute. So you freely make a decision to spend additional money in games than try to absolve yourself from the accountability? Because if you choose to spend more than the box price, that is in you not Blizzard or any other company. They are not holding a gun to your head forcing you to spend more. Have a little self control or go seek addiction counseling if you think you have an issue you cannot control.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Wait a minute. So you freely make a decision to spend additional money in games than try to absolve yourself from the accountability? Because if you choose to spend more than the box price, that is in you not Blizzard or any other company. They are not holding a gun to your head forcing you to spend more. Have a little self control or go seek addiction counseling if you think you have an issue you cannot control.
    I don't know how you inferred that from my comments. Sounds like some projection to me

Features and parts of the game are deliberately held back under the proposed model in order to sell it back to morons to purchase at an additional cost above that box price

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Then that would result in D3-esque seasons that make minor changes at best, vs. having seasons that add new content and make meaningful changes to the game. That requires ongoing monetization to fund development of free content and you don't have to spend a penny after buying the game to receive that free content.
    Negative, it's not free content. I already paid for the game, and if a lifetime of playing Blizzard games has taught me anything, it's that it will likely release in a absolute mess of a state. Noone should have to pay for content updates that should have and can be included as part of the base game.

Future development costs can be recovered by making more expansions, as was the case with D3 up until they all but abandoned it after RoS (we know there were cut expansions). Justifying their greed by saying they need a cash shop to fund continuous updates is bullshit.

Blizzard will make mountains of profit out of D4 on the box price alone, more than enough for ongoing development and resourcing for additional expansions and content (expansions of which will have their own box price). The only reason why they are pursuing season passes (god I hate this terminology) and in-store purchases that we allllllll know are going to have more time and effort put into them than their obtainable-by-playing-the-game counterparts is because they know people will buy them, even though it's against their best interests to do so.

On top of that, they have a cash printing machine with Diablo Immortal which could just be used to subsidize all Diablo franchise content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    As you get older, more mature, and common sense/logic enter your brain, you will come to realize that life throws things at you that you don't like or don't want to deal with. You will also realize that there are things you cannot control or change just because you don't like it. So you have two choices, shut the fuck up and accept this as the new norm and move on like an adult. Or be stubborn and a cheap ass about it, and never play games again as a result and find something else to do. Because gaming as an industry is going this same direction. And there is no way to stop it. This is the new norm. Grow up and deal with it. Or grow up and swear off gaming as a hobby for good because you are cheap. Take comfort in the fact that all of the D4 mtx are just cosmetic. You don't need them. It's your money. You spend it your way. No one Is forcing you to succumb to mtx purchases. Only you. So...grow up.

Make your choice. Otherwise you are going to continue with the disappointment.
    This is such a dumb comment. Your entire rationale comes down to 'shut the fuck up and accept being fucked in the ass' and 'just be happy that mtx will be limited to cosmetics' of which will obviously have more time and effort put into them because why would anyone purchase them otherwise.

Anyone who takes their comments on the cash shop at face value is a fucking moron

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post

But also interesting - Platinum, an ingame currency used for buying - you guessed it, ingame cosmetics.
    I for one didnt guess this.

Buying cosmetics > buying player power like in Diablo Immortal

Enjoy wearing ragged free clothing while the whales run around in premium looking gear

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I bet you would love return to 00s where everything was perfect, you paid only box price and passionate devs didn't "fucked you repeatedly" with cosmetic shop.

OMG BLIZZARD WHERE IS HOTFIX I REPORTED THIS BUG THREE HOURS AGO. What? Patch in 3 months? Or wait for expansion, then we will fix that (maybe)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I bet you would love return to 00s where everything was perfect, you paid only box price and passionate devs didn't "fucked you repeatedly" with cosmetic shop.

OMG BLIZZARD WHERE IS HOTFIX I REPORTED THIS BUG THREE HOURS AGO. What? Patch in 3 months? Or wait for expansion, then we will fix that (maybe)?
    Bruh there are still bugs in retail wow that haven't been fixed in years.

LOL you actually think you're getting QC from your mtx purchases. Blizzard fucked off most of their GMs and kept the money instead

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bruh there are still bugs in retail wow that haven't been fixed in years.

LOL you actually think you're getting QC from your mtx purchases. Blizzard fucked off most of their GMs and kept the money instead
    Oh no, not 100% problems are fixed, so it's just like 2002 but we pay more. Dude, you would cry yourself to death with amount of bugs in early online games.

"battle passes"
    "premium currency"

Yes you can? Nothing would be stopping you from playing the game? Do you throw stuff at your tv when there are ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I just hope the devs dont tie stash/inventory space to seasons like they did in d3.
    Worst design decision ever.
    Screws over players who do not want to play seasons (because they do not like restarting from zero).
    I bet you can buy an extra tab for 1000 platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes you can? Nothing would be stopping you from playing the game? Do you throw stuff at your tv when there are ads?
    If it's pay tv then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I bet you can buy an extra tab for 1000 platinum.
    Hehe that is an awful business model but TBH if that was available in D3 i would buy it.
    But it actually was NOT an option!!!!!!!
    My primary reason for quitting D3 was over stash space, i found it so frustrating to fuck over pointless pixel tetris that i just did not want to bother.
    Those troglodyte devs wanted to force players so bad into playing those pointless seasons instead of just letting players choose how to enjoy their own damn game.
    *do you guys not have phones?!?!?*