Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    @MoDs - could we change the title of this thread, and remove the "Big-12 reference"?
    @Lilithvia - would you be ok with that, too?
    Yeah, I'm fine with that. The reference was for shits and giggles anyways. Was expecting the Big 12 to try to make a play at the time, ended up being the other Midwest conference.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Pac-12 survival odds just went up. OSU has decided it is AGAINST further expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit, this is where the fun begins.

The Big 12 is entering negotiations with ESPN and FOX, negating the PAC-12's advantage of being next to market per McMurphy.

@cubby @Captain Proton @Midterm Voter

- - - Updated - - -

Wilner reporting McMurphy is full of shit.
    https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/st...p_wSqmmtA&s=19
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2022-08-31 at 02:13 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Pac-12 survival odds just went up. OSU has decided it is AGAINST further expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit, this is where the fun begins.

The Big 12 is entering negotiations with ESPN and FOX, negating the PAC-12's advantage of being next to market per McMurphy.

@cubby @Captain Proton @Midterm Voter

- - - Updated - - -

Wilner reporting McMurphy is full of shit.
    https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/st...p_wSqmmtA&s=19
    Sounds like the whole thing is going to just round and round for awhile.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the whole thing is going to just round and round for awhile.
    Pretty much. Going to be interesting to see if anything eventually happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Backyard Brawl tonight

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    College Football Playoff expansion: Board agrees to 12-team field
    The expanded 12-team bracket will feature the six highest-ranked conference champions as automatic qualifiers along with the next six highest-ranked teams. The board has approved the new format to be utilized beginning with the 2026 season, though it hopes that it can be implemented earlier, perhaps as soon as the 2024 campaign.
    Fantastic news.

A possible ancillary benefit is that the Pac-12 will have more incentive to stay together, as they are guaranteed a playoff berth.

@Lilithvia - side note, clarification from awhile back: Just to be clear, I wasn't referencing Utah as "a team that Oregon stumbles over". That reference was to Oregon's panache for losing to at least one losing-record team each year, our "slap on the forehead" loss, so to speak.

5+ Year Old Account

Fantastic news.

A possible ancillary benefit is that the Pac-12 will have more incentive to stay together, as they are guaranteed a playoff berth.

@Lilithvia - side note, clarification from awhile back: Just to be clear, I wasn't referencing Utah as "a team that Oregon stumbles over". That reference was to Oregon's panache for losing to at least one losing-record team each year, our "slap on the forehead" loss, so to speak.
    So with playoff expansion, PAC-12 will survive.

Unfortunately for the PAC, and fortunately for SDSU, SDSU's location and market make it locks without any regards to administrative responsibilities.

I'd expect Boise State or Fresno State to be paired with them. Poaching the Little 12 just became a little less likely.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL GOOD ONE FUN BELT OLD DOMINION TAKES DOWN VIRGINIA TECH
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2022-09-03 at 01:38 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So with playoff expansion, PAC-12 will survive.

Unfortunately for the PAC, and fortunately for SDSU, SDSU's location and market make it locks without any regards to administrative responsibilities.

I'd expect Boise State or Fresno State to be paired with them. Poaching the Little 12 just became a little less likely.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL GOOD ONE FUN BELT OLD DOMINION TAKES DOWN VIRGINIA TECH
    Seems like it will, which is nice. Have to say I'm already happy seeing UCLA struggling against...Bowling Green...at home, lol. Enjoy your turd, Big10.

Seems like SDSU is a shoe in, which is nice. Boise State would be fun, and Fresno State always seems to upset some people each year. What about Colorado State or Utah State?

- - - Updated - - -

Any last minute predictions for the big games?

Oregon vs Georgia?
    Utah vs Florida?
    Notre Dame vs Ohio State?

5+ Year Old Account
    Not good enough athletically or not a cultural fit respectively @cubby

Also, fuck up the northern inbreds for us, Mmmkay? Too busy invading @Pendulous's territory myself

- - - Updated - - -
    @cubby smh

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not good enough athletically or not a cultural fit respectively @cubby

Also, fuck up the northern inbreds for us, Mmmkay? Too busy invading @Pendulous's territory myself

- - - Updated - - -
    @cubby smh
    What other choices or options do you see the Pac12 having for additions?

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck does that comment mean? Your ambiguity and inability to relay a solid point in a post continues to baffle and amuse me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oregon missing tackles and throwing INT's. Not good so far.

5+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

What the fuck does that comment mean? Your ambiguity and inability to relay a solid point in a post continues to baffle and amuse me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oregon missing tackles and throwing INT's. Not good so far.
    Your question answers itself

12 team playoff is great, but the process of it is ...interesting. Just take the conference champs and a couple of at-large bids and make it simple. If a conference is so weak it shouldn't be looked at, it needs to be dropped down to the FCS series vs in the big conferences.

that said great starting weekend so far! hope DJ has a breakout year at Clemson!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your question answers itself
    Proving my point, over and over again. Whatever you do, you're certainly not a writer "in the business".

- - - Updated - - -

At least Oregon's on the board. Weak so far though.

Can't tell you how difficult it is as a long-time Oregon fan to be rooting for Bo Nix right now.

- - - Updated - - -

28-3 Georgia leading. Those INT's certainly cost the Ducks early but...Georgia is playing their game, their way.

- - - Updated - - -

Slaughter. Oh well, the biggest question now will be how Oregon bounces back for the rest of the season. Losing was always the highest probability against Georgia.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy hell - wtf happened Utah? Close loss at FL.

Fantastic news.

See if I did this right..
    Four Conference Champs that get byes: Bama (SEC) 1, Michigan (Big 10) 2, Cincinnati (American) 4, Baylor (Big-12) 7.

UGA (SEC) 3 vs Pitt (ACC) 12
    Notre Dame (Ind) 5 vs Utah (Pac-12) Utah
    Ohio State (Big 10) 6 vs Mich St (Big 10) 10
    Ole Miss (SEC) 8 vs Oklahoma (Big 12) 9

This is how it will shake out if it was last year. Someone will complain that #4 and#7 are getting byes over 3 and 5 and 6. Guess you just need to win the conference. Does work out that last year the Top 12 tens did go to the playoffs. This will be fun!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish nothing but bad things for Brian Kelly, so that LSU-FSU ending was PERFECT.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a long camping weekend, everything went as I hoped.
    Phil Knight's hopes for a NaTtY have been dashed already.
    Covid Hangover looks to be over.
    Pac 10 still looks dead. Oregon and Utah wont be the teams that magically save it. No amount of clapping from online bloggers will bring this Tinkerbell back.
    Finding a starting quarterback seems to be mostly luck these days. QB development seems to be a thing of the past. They were already transferring out as freshmen if they don't win the starting job.
    ESPN really wants to normalize the transfer portal. I swear some of their announcers got paid by how many times they could fit the word transfer into a series.
    The 12 team playoff is going to be a mess. Having a bye is a huge financial bonus over teams that miss a bye.
    Government Affiliated Snark

5+ Year Old Account

Holy hell - wtf happened Utah? Close loss at FL.
    pac 12 refs

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    pac 12 refs
    Gonna be that kind of year for ya? Blaming refs the whole way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Midterm Voter View Post
    After a long camping weekend, everything went as I hoped.
    Phil Knight's hopes for a NaTtY have been dashed already.
    Covid Hangover looks to be over.
    Pac 10 still looks dead. Oregon and Utah wont be the teams that magically save it. No amount of clapping from online bloggers will bring this Tinkerbell back.
    Finding a starting quarterback seems to be mostly luck these days. QB development seems to be a thing of the past. They were already transferring out as freshmen if they don't win the starting job.
    ESPN really wants to normalize the transfer portal. I swear some of their announcers got paid by how many times they could fit the word transfer into a series.
    The 12 team playoff is going to be a mess. Having a bye is a huge financial bonus over teams that miss a bye.
    There was no way we were beating Georgia, despite my innocent hope. Couple of good takeaways, however, even after a slaughter like that. Frankly, and mostly realistically, I'm glad we're out of the natty conversation already. This is a good year for Lanning to get set as a head coach, get the team in line, and then crush it for next year.

Rose Bowl is still an option, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas played well. Ewers is clearly showing rust form 2 years of no QB p[lay but he shook off the early int well. We have the deepest RB room in the nation.

We're also going to get murdered by Alabama. Just hope we can keep it close, like within 2 TDs

5+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be that kind of year for ya? Blaming refs the whole way?
    want me to provide the video of Florida literally punching our player?

Or the video of a Florida player horsecollaring Rising, throwing him to the ground, and then pushing him back down after the play was clearly over?

Or the video of the Florida player intentionally hitting a ref's arm?
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2022-09-06 at 05:52 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    want me to provide the video of Florida literally punching our player?

Or the video of a Florida player horsecollaring Rising, throwing him to the ground, and then pushing him back down after the play was clearly over?

Or the video of the Florida player intentionally hitting a ref's arm?
    Sure. Those would be bad missed calls. Not that every game doesn't a few missed calls.