Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    As I pointed out to the other guy, the only reason Jen isn't beating him in that is because she isn't trying. The scene makes it clear that the Hulk is a pityful show-off for throwing that second rock and Jen gives him a sarcastic clap for it. It is not that she could not have done it, she chooses not to, because it is too childish for her.
    This is bullshit. Jen was never shown to be as Strong as Bruce. And, keep in mind, "Smart Hulk" is one of the weaker versions of Hulk. He doesn't get to tap into the nearly infinite Rage that boosts "Savage Hulk" to incalculable strength levels.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Your just making stuff up because you were wrong about her being better instantly.

Mabye go watch the show instead of trying to move goalpost.
    Oh well, you don't want to see the things the show clearly depicts. The dripping sarcasm with which she praises his throw for one. She even says "I am shown" in the least honest tone possible: Right. Here.

But no, you will likely find a way to ignore this. You got me, I filmed this clip myself, asked the actors to voice it for me. I spend a few millions on CGI so that I could win a forum debate.

I guess expecting fanatics to see reality in front of them is already expecting too much. Luckily for you this thread has become a beautiful echo chamber by now.

Oh well, you don't want to see the things the show clearly depicts. The dripping sarcasm with which she praises his throw for one. She even says "I am shown" in the least honest tone possible: Right. Here.

But no, you will likely find a way to ignore this. You got me, I filmed this clip myself, asked the actors to voice it for me. I spend a few millions on CGI so that I could win a forum debate.
    That doesn't prove what you think it does. Yes, it's dripping with sarcasm...but that's because she's like "Oh wow...you can throw rocks really, really far". It doesn't show that she can throw rocks as far...merely that she isn't super impressed by Bruce's ability to throw heavy objects.

I guess expecting fanatics to see reality in front of them is already expecting too much. Luckily for you this thread has become a beautiful echo chamber by now.
    This is ironic coming from someone who is obviously falling into the fallacy of "confirmation bias". You want that scene to show that Disney is making Jen a "better Hulk" because it fits your agenda...therefore that's exactly what you take from the scene.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-08-31 at 07:44 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    This is bullshit. Jen was never shown to be as Strong as Bruce. And, keep in mind, "Smart Hulk" is one of the weaker versions of Hulk. He doesn't get to tap into the nearly infinite Rage that boosts "Savage Hulk" to incalculable strength levels.
    You are talking of the comics. That is not the reality of the show. I would say that all Hulk versions are much weaker in the MCU then in the comics, otherwise Thanos could not have beaten him so effortlessly.

I have read World War Hulk, it deals with a version of Smart Hulk. Which was strong enough to wipe out all the heroes on the planet (if he had actually wanted to). He pounded She-Hulk into the ground with one hand there, he tanked a SCREAM of Black Bolt (a Skrull, but still)

Meanwhile MCU Hulk is already beaten from She-Hulk clapping a few times. The power scales are veeeeery different.

You are talking of the comics. That is not the reality of the show. I would say that all Hulk versions are much weaker in the MCU then in the comics, otherwise Thanos could not have beaten him so effortlessly.

I have read World War Hulk, it deals with a version of Smart Hulk. Which was strong enough to wipe out all the heroes on the planet (if he had actually wanted to). He pounded She-Hulk into the ground with one hand there, he tanked a SCREAM of Black Bolt (a Skrull, but still)

Meanwhile MCU Hulk is already beaten from She-Hulk clapping a few times. The power scales are veeeeery different.
    How far are you willing to shove your head into the sand to stick to your point?

Like, following this topic, you made a false claim about the show (The thunder clap). When it's pointed out that you were wrong, instead of acknowledging it, you accuse the other person of nitpicking and that they should "go into politics" (ironic).

Multiple people engage in the topic pointing out the flaws that you're arguing.

And then you go back to claiming that She-Hulk beat Hulk by clapping...which was already disproven.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, you don't want to see the things the show clearly depicts.
    The show clearly depicts Bruce being stronger and Jen just not being impressed, nothing more nothing less.

You made up the Jen being stronger out of thin air nothing in the show supports it and this scene directly refuted it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Very few characters have ever shown to be as powerful in the MCU as they are in the comics. Thanos among them. I don't think you have a firm grasp on how powerful Thanos is in the comics.

that is a very different "Smart Hulk"... the version we have in the MCU is more closely compared to "Professor Hulk"

Her claps are loud. His Claps sent her flying into the air.

I think the point of the 'I am shown' scene was that she was that she was playing around with her newfound strength, really being kind of fascinated and almost childishly happy about it and Bruce made it a competition by throwing that rock into space.
    No matter if you are a man or a woman, when you are goofing around and having fun with something, someone else coming in and showing you how much better he can do by trying hard makes you roll your eyes. On the other hand if you are trying to show someone something seriously and they just goof around it makes you roll your eyes too and it makes you at least a little angry.

And it's also something where men and women clash really often in real life and something that has been shown in shows since at least "Home Improvement" (comically exaggerated in that case). I don't know why it is a problem in this case but was understandable or even funny in other cases.

Edit, just to be clear: I did not see her being stronger in any scene. He was holding back mostly and even when slightly angry never actually lost control.
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2022-08-31 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is absolutely baffling how you are all willinfully blind to the words and scenes in this show. 1: It is exactly as this guy is saying. One thing after the next Jen picks up instantly then does it better then Bruce. To help your memory: 2: Specifically throwing a stone futher then Bruce, 3: balancing her entire body on one hand while moving like contortionist with decades worth of experience and 4: doing the Thunder Clap so well that she blasts the fukin Hulk away.
    1: Wrong. That is not what happened.

2: Bruce then threw one into outer space, bruce wins

3: Perhaps Jennifer does yoga, and is better than Bruce at that.

4: Literally not what happened.

So you get 1 out of 4. Jennifer is better at Yoga than Bruce. So emasculating.........
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Green scar (hulk from WWH) isn’t considered a smart hulk by marvel.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/discover/1325/smart-hulk
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    This is ironic coming from someone who is obviously falling into the fallacy of "confirmation bias". You want that scene to show that Disney is making Jen a "better Hulk" because it fits your agenda...therefore that's exactly what you take from the scene.
    Funnily enough that is about the last thing I want. I want a show that is not poisoned by political messages. I hoped against all hope that this show would not repeat the mistake that was Captain Marvel. But what I got is about as far removed from my wishes as is possible. There are certainly agendas in this, but none of them are mine.

I dislike hating on any gender (or anyone really), the director of this show however does not. She is writing a piece so hateful of one gender that it would be completely impossible to have it published in the mainstream if this gender wasn't specifically "straight male". I invite you to just imagine what kind of reviews a show would get that treats women in the way this show treats men and then think again if maybe I do not have a point after all.

My "agenda" is to not have this kind of toxic crap. At all. No matter which direction or who is the victim. This is why I disagree with the show, this is why I disagree with you, who is clearly fine with this toxic message, as long as it is targeted at the "right" kind of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    He was holding back mostly and even when slightly angry never actually lost control.
    I'd like to emphasize this point. At no point did Bruce change to his true Hulk form. At any time, he could have gone savage, and ripped Jennifer apart.

Lets not forget, these two are family who up to this moment have been friendly with each other. There is no animosity between them. It is like a siblings squabble, but in hulk form, so quite a bit more destructive, but never fatal.

This is like the slap boxing each other. Nothing too serious. So discussing who did what better when the two of them were not taking any of it seriously, is ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough that is about the last thing I want. I want a show that is not poisoned by political messages.
    Nearly everything is political. Even if by omission. Choosing to not say something about a topic is as much "political" as saying something.

Plus, the "political messages" here are entirely in your head. You're the one inventing them and inserting them. The only "messaging" we've gotten is that women deal with a lot of shit and it's far less socially acceptable for them to lose their cool. That's it. That's not "political", that's basic gender dynamics in the modern Western world.

If you find that upsetting, it's because you hold political views that don't conform to reality, and insist on trying to force media to accommodate them.

I hoped against all hope that this show would not repeat the mistake that was Captain Marvel.
    Oh no, the terrible and deep political message that "girls can kick ass too".

The fuckin' horror.

But what I got is about as far removed from my wishes as is possible. There are certainly agendas in this, but none of them are mine.
    At least you're now admitting to having an agenda you're pushing.

I dislike hating on any gender (or anyone really), the director of this show however does not. She is writing a piece so hateful of one gender that it would be completely impossible to have it published in the mainstream if this gender wasn't specifically "straight male".
    This is absolutely laughably ridiculous.

You can't actually believe this. You've got to be engaging in deliberate hyperbole.

Absolute bananas-on-head crazy pants. Nothing in this show "hates men", that's entirely something you're making up, out of nothing.

My "agenda" is to not have this kind of toxic crap. At all. No matter which direction or who is the victim. This is why I disagree with the show, this is why I disagree with you, who is clearly fine with this toxic message, as long as it is targeted at the "right" kind of people.
    The only "toxic crap" is the stuff you and your compatriots are posting to attack the show. There's nothing remotely toxic in She-Hulk, and every time you've tried to point it out, you've had to openly lie and make shit up that isn't in the show. Because you're wrong, but you've got an agenda to push, and the facts don't matter to you.

Funnily enough that is about the last thing I want. I want a show that is not poisoned by political messages.
    You're the one creating the "political message"

I dislike hating on any gender (or anyone really), the director of this show however does not. She is writing a piece so hateful of one gender that it would be completely impossible to have it published in the mainstream if this gender wasn't specifically "straight male". I invite you to just imagine what kind of reviews a show would get that treats women in the way this show treats men and then think again if maybe I do not have a point after all.
    There's nothing "hateful" in She-Hulk's portrayals of men. Again, you're feeding your own agenda.

You're making shit up to try to prove something that isn't there. You are straight up lying about what happened in Bruce and Jen's little playfight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a show that is not poisoned by political messages.

There are certainly agendas in this, but none of them are mine.

My "agenda" is to not have this kind of toxic crap.

No matter which direction or who is the victim. This is why I disagree with the show, this is why I disagree with you, who is clearly fine with this toxic message, as long as it is targeted at the "right" kind of people.
    I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like you hate Marvel.

Marvel has been political for decades before the MCU.

Maybe....Marvel is not for you.

Marvel Comics has always been a vehicle to speak out about social and political topics. Especially topics where minorities are concerned, or those who are not treated equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Marvel Comics has always been a vehicle to speak out about social and political topics. Especially topics where minorities are concerned, or those who are not treated equally.
    Is it time to soapbox? It’s time to soapbox.

Avengers #74.
    Mar 10, 1970

If two weeks after the first episode you still find a bunch of discussions about it going on is precisely because there was something wrong with it. That first episode was leaning too much on sending a political message, is not a specific line or scene, is the general tone what made some people dislike it. What happens with this kind of things is that people who disagrees with the message is more likely to notice it than people who essentially agrees with the message and will just view it as normal. Being a very political topic on a very divided society, guess what you get? reactions, overreactions and even counterreactions from both sides.

In the end this is meant to be a sitcom about a lawyer that happens to have super powers and occasionally breaks the fourth wall. The second episode did a great job at being just that and the show will be fun to watch it the rest has that kind of tone.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The Green scar (hulk from WWH) isn’t considered a smart hulk by marvel.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/discover/1325/smart-hulk
    The most powerful Hulk is The Maestro, one of the smart ones - https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bruce...r_(Earth-9200)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    The most powerful Hulk is The Maestro, one of the smart ones - https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bruce...r_(Earth-9200)
    Maestro Is actually on the list I linked, doc green turns into him if he keeps taking extremis,but the story line goes no where because of secret wars.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-08-31 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    If two weeks after the first episode you still find a bunch of discussions about it going on is precisely because there was something wrong with it
    Yeah, no. It just means certain extremist agendas are being pushed. If a show like this is upsetting the right people​, there's nothing wrong with it at all. Get back to us when there's lliterally a single legitimate criticism, since every example thus far has been objectively fake; lying about the show and what actually happens in iit.